Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #4

Avon @ Brownsburg:  It appears the changing of the guard on the west side is complete as these two programs are trending in complete opposite directions.  Brownsburg could make a case for best team in the state currently while Avon is in survival mode.  Dogs make it 5 in a row in this series in lopsided fashion.  45-13.

Fishers @ Hamilton Southeastern:  Two top 10 teams in my opinion.  Heated rivalry game and both have big goals for the remainder of the season.  This one could be a classic.  I’ll take HSE 24-23.

Franklin Central @ Zionsville:  Another  chance for the Flashes to prove they belong as this was their first big win last season.  Zionsville seeking revenge on their home field.  They get it 24-17.

Westfield @ Noblesville:  Mentioned in the other thread that Westfield has not been super impressive this season but their dominance of this conference gives me hesitancy in predicting them to lose.  Noblesville, on the other hand he is picking up the pieces in a situation that looks eerily similar to last fall.  The Rocks championship pedigree wins out as they begin to hit their stride en route to another conference title.  Rocks win 34-20.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Avon @ Brownsburg:  It appears the changing of the guard on the west side is complete as these two programs are trending in complete opposite directions.  Brownsburg could make a case for best team in the state currently while Avon is in survival mode.  Dogs make it 5 in a row in this series in lopsided fashion.  45-13.

Fishers @ Hamilton Southeastern:  Two top 10 teams in my opinion.  Heated rivalry game and both have big goals for the remainder of the season.  This one could be a classic.  I’ll take HSE 24-23.

Franklin Central @ Zionsville:  Another  chance for the Flashes to prove they belong as this was their first big win last season.  Zionsville seeking revenge on their home field.  They get it 24-17.

Westfield @ Noblesville:  Mentioned in the other thread that Westfield has not been super impressive this season but their dominance of this conference gives me hesitancy in predicting them to lose.  Noblesville, on the other hand he is picking up the pieces in a situation that looks eerily similar to last fall.  The Rocks championship pedigree wins out as they begin to hit their stride en route to another conference title.  Rocks win 34-20.

What say you?

Avon was 9-0 on the morning of 9/1/19. A loss to Brownsburg that night started a stretch of going 6-18. Unreal. Would love to hear from Oriole insiders the factors that are driving these results. I'll take Brownsburg by whatever margin of victory they choose. 

I'm sure my viewpoint is biased considering I just watched Fishers dismantle Noblesville on Friday night, but are the Tigers underrated? We'll see Friday night against HSE. Fishers has a great RB combo in Tyler Maynard and Khobie Martin. I'll go with Fishers 27-21

I'm going oppo again and taking Franklin Central 31-24. The Flashes will be very pleased to not see Roncalli or Brownsburg across the LOS. The schedule is in place for the Flashes to be 4-2 when Fishers comes to the SE side on 9/30.

Rinse and repeat from last year for Noblesville. The defense can't consistently stop a good offense. The O-Line has 2 MAC Commits and a 6'7 300 Jr receiving Power 5 offers, but any drive that forces them to rely on the passing game ends up stalling. I sound like a broken record at this point; however, I'll say at again. How can you not work on a passing game in the Hoosier Crossroads Conference!?! At some point you can't just run the ball down the opponents throat every play. Noblesville will probably eclipse 200 yards on the ground and reach the end zone a few times. But, Westfield's D will stop the run enough and the Rocks offense will move the ball at will. Rocks 42 Millers 21.

Edited by Boilernation

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Avon was 9-0 on the morning of 9/1/19. A loss to Brownsburg that night started a stretch of going 6-18. Unreal. Would love to hear from Oriole insiders the factors that are driving these results. I'll take Brownsburg by whatever margin of victory they choose. 

Yeah your dates are off but I get the point. They were ranked no.1 and were 9-0 heading into sectionals in 2019. Upset by Brownsburg in the 1st game.  Since then...ugh.  Personally I don't know what is different now, but I would think this would be a well sought after position as head coach. But, Bless is only is his early 50's, so if he wants to retire from Avon he needs to right the ship and soon. I love the Avon Marching Black & Gold, but most want to see quality football, the band doesn't need the love!

On 9/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, temptation said:

What say you?

Brownsburg 48-6

HSE 30-27

Zionsville 36-14

Westfield 30-10

On 9/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, Staxawax said:

Yeah your dates are off but I get the point. They were ranked no.1 and were 9-0 heading into sectionals in 2019. Upset by Brownsburg in the 1st game.  Since then...ugh.  Personally I don't know what is different now, but I would think this would be a well sought after position as head coach. But, Bless is only is his early 50's, so if he wants to retire from Avon he needs to right the ship and soon. I love the Avon Marching Black & Gold, but most want to see quality football, the band doesn't need the love!

Bless is in his 60's.....and likely coaching his last six games at Avon

Brownsburg 49 Avon 21 Running clock keeps this out of the 50"s

Zionsville 35 FC 20 Zionsville looked good vs Westfield last week West has the Flashes on the right path.

Westfield 42 Noblesville 20 You can't just play offense Millers

HSE 24 Fishers 13 Questions will be answered. Martin and Dunn or the HSE Defense?

12 hours ago, BigBH said:

Bless is in his 60's.....and likely coaching his last six games at Avon

My bad, my math was off.  He graduated HS in 1980. So he's 60 years old.  I don't think he wants to retire, but unless there are things beyond his control I agree he may be moving on.  I had heard last year that Danville had 4-5 starters that came from Avon.  And they were state runnerups.  We shall see...

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

My bad, my math was off.  He graduated HS in 1980. So he's 60 years old.  I don't think he wants to retire, but unless there are things beyond his control I agree he may be moving on.  I had heard last year that Danville had 4-5 starters that came from Avon.  And they were state runnerups.  We shall see...

When the class of 2022 were freshman at Avon there were 41 kids on the roster...you are correct 5 starters/contributors went to Danville and 1 to Cathedral and 1 to Ritter.  You can also add roughly 8-10 from that freshman team that simply quit.  That team went 7-2 losing only to Westfield and Brownsburg in very close games.  Last season the 22 class had around 17 kids left and maybe half of those were starters.  You combine arrogance, bad assistant coaches, major talent drop off, and a total avoidance of the middles schools, IEFA team and the youth league and  you get 5-5, 1-9 and likely 0-10 the last three years.  Oh and how about the AD making the freshman players pay gate fees for varsity games.