Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC week 4 with predictions

Week 4 DAC schedule and predictions! COME AT ME!! 

Chesterton (1-2) @ Laporte (0-3): not much to say here!! Laporte is improving but they aren’t ready for the top tier of the conference! Chesterton lost to Michigan city last week. But I’ll take Chesterton 35-7

Lake central (2-1) @ crown point (3-0): lake central gets there first real test! And there record is a farce! Crown points big o-line will dominate the game!  Lake central will score but I’ll take crown point 42-21

Merrillville (2-1) @ portage (1-2): merrillville lost to crown point last week! There defensive coordinator was suspended for Hobart and crown point he returns this week! Merrillville offesne finally clicked and is ready to take off! Portage has played well this year but they aren’t ready for what’s coming! Merrillville 35-7

Valparaiso (2-1) @ Michigan city (1-2): Valpo beat Hammond central, Laporte! And lost to Penn! Michigan city lost to warsaw, laffyette jeff. But beat Chesterton. Is Michigan city turning a corner on the season? Is Valpo offense finally ready to play? I’ll take Valpo in this game 28-17! Michigan city beat them in regionals last year but before that win I think Valpo has won this rivalry!! 

13 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Merrillville (2-1) @ portage (1-2): merrillville lost to crown point last week! There defensive coordinator was suspended for Hobart and crown point he returns this week! Merrillville offesne finally clicked and is ready to take off! Portage has played well this year but they aren’t ready for what’s coming! Merrillville 35-7

That's it? That's all you can say about Merrillville losing to Crown Point?!?!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

That's it? That's all you can say about Merrillville losing to Crown Point?!?!

That’s all it was? There o-line is huge and that’s why they dominated. The talent everyone says is there in my opinion is sake as last year. They just have big body’s on the line. They will win sectional but that’s probably it. There QB can’t throw well. And there RB went down easily on most plays. It’s just the O-line and merrillville ran the same play all game on Defense basicly. So it’s easy to game plan around it. Crown point coach even put out a statement saying they escaped with a victory he didn’t think they could get this year. When you have no defense either way and 1 team is scoring at will (merrillville) and the other drives slowly down the field to score it’s comes down to who gets ball last. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Crown point won both teams had 1 turnover and merrillville was without there kicker. So we went for 2 on every TD. If we have the kicker who knows game would of been tied at 35 with a 2 mins to go merrillville ball, instead of 35-34 crown point up. Just my opinion. Apparently coaches thought same being crown point didn’t move up rankings at all. And merrillville dropped from 1-3 

36 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Piratefan - why did Marshall only have 2 touches in 2nd half vs CP? Some of it was CP ball control but the play calling was very suspect, Features Stephens in 2nd half. He is no where near Marshall level. Marshall had close to 200 yds at halftime and on the field 2nd half but only 2 touches. Merrillville QB play is average at best.

16 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

That’s all it was? There o-line is huge and that’s why they dominated. The talent everyone says is there in my opinion is sake as last year. They just have big body’s on the line. They will win sectional but that’s probably it. There QB can’t throw well. And there RB went down easily on most plays. It’s just the O-line and merrillville ran the same play all game on Defense basicly. So it’s easy to game plan around it. Crown point coach even put out a statement saying they escaped with a victory he didn’t think they could get this year. When you have no defense either way and 1 team is scoring at will (merrillville) and the other drives slowly down the field to score it’s comes down to who gets ball last. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Crown point won both teams had 1 turnover and merrillville was without there kicker. So we went for 2 on every TD. If we have the kicker who knows game would of been tied at 35 with a 2 mins to go merrillville ball, instead of 35-34 crown point up. Just my opinion. Apparently coaches thought same being crown point didn’t move up rankings at all. And merrillville dropped from 1-3 

Season 3 Wow GIF by The Office

19 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Seems like Marshall didn't struggle when he kicked PAT's:

image.thumb.png.b16bf4e4b681c737ff9d8d5be588cb30.png

11 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Piratefan - why did Marshall only have 2 touches in 2nd half vs CP? Some of it was CP ball control but the play calling was very suspect, Features Stephens in 2nd half. He is no where near Marshall level. Marshall had close to 200 yds at halftime and on the field 2nd half but only 2 touches. Merrillville QB play is average at best.

That’s the best merrillville offense looked all year so far. But Marshall shouldn’t be in the backfield period!! He should be a slot WR! 

Just now, Boilernation said:

Seems like Marshall didn't struggle when he kicked PAT's:

image.thumb.png.b16bf4e4b681c737ff9d8d5be588cb30.png

Idk where you got that. But we didn’t kick PATs at all. We went for 2 every drive. So that’s the false 

8 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Now thats what is called "Overreaction Monday"!!

Maybe. But that victory was very impressive, especially coming back down two scores. And CP’s JV team running clocked Merrillville’s as well. At the very least the DAC is CP’s this year. 

I don't disagree about this year but for the "foreseeable future". It is one game. Merrillville could have easily won that game and arguably should have. CP defense is horrendous. Merrillville DC out. Pop Warner play calling in 2nd half by Merrillville. I think we need to pump the breaks on DAC dynasty here thats all. Valpo, MC, and Merrillville aren't going anywhere.

CP style of play makes the entire conference better for the post season. Smash mouth, ball control football will make the other DAC DC's prepare for what they will see in playoffs.

57 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just glad Cody is okay.

Crown Point = new king of the DAC for the foreseeable future.

Not at all. They got away with a win. And there line is fine after this year. It’s not talent it’s the fact they have a NFL size line 

40 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Maybe. But that victory was very impressive, especially coming back down two scores. And CP’s JV team running clocked Merrillville’s as well. At the very least the DAC is CP’s this year. 

??? Our freshman running clocked theres lol 😂 so what’s your point 

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

What is their size of their line?

If I remember correctly They go across(weight is a rough estimate being I don’t have program I front of me)?

6’4 325 

6’2 300

6’1 275

6’4 325

6’3 295

and they are just big body’s that went against a 3 man Dline that’s went like this 

6ft 230

6’1 240

5’9 220

there is a size and weight advantage 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

I remember correctly They go across(weight is a rough estimate being I don’t have program I front of me)?

6’4 325 

6’2 300

6’1 275

6’4 325

6’3 295

Reminds me of the 2017 Evansville Central team in terms of size. But CP’s line looks like an college one to me

1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

Now thats what is called "Overreaction Monday"!!

What Crown Point is building (and has already built in a short amount of time) is much more sustainable than Merrillville’s “transfer portal approach.”

Crown Point has a better coaching staff (obviously), better SES numbers, has 1000 more students and is still experiencing rapid growth.

Stop me when I start lying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

That’s the best merrillville offense looked all year so far. But Marshall shouldn’t be in the backfield period!! He should be a slot WR! 

Idk where you got that. But we didn’t kick PATs at all. We went for 2 every drive. So that’s the false 

Those were complete game stats entered onto MaxPreps. Are Marshall stats at RB incorrect as well? 

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/9-2-2022/football-22/crown-point-vs-merrillville.htm?c=F3gE5VnWc0GnmWG4hV3vaQ#tab=box-score&schoolid=2948eb82-87c6-4c37-a4c0-53931001b10d

2 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Those look about right. Marshall got almost all of his yards in !st half. Merrillville never attempted to kick xpoint. 2pt conversions every time. 

Is the 5 points in the 4th quarter correct? Did they not kick a FG? I read that their kicker was in Bloomington for a soccer tournament. There had to be someone on the team capable of hitting a PAT. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

What Crown Point is building (and has already built in a short amount of time) is much more sustainable than Merrillville’s “transfer portal approach.”

Crown Point has a better coaching staff (obviously), better SES numbers, has 1000 more students and is still experiencing rapid growth.

Stop me when I start lying.

You realize 2?? 3?? If there coaches came from merrillville right? 

29 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

The rushing is close I think it was was 171? Though. Could be wrong. Gotta find the article 

16 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Is the 5 points in the 4th quarter correct? Did they not kick a FG? I read that their kicker was in Bloomington for a soccer tournament. There had to be someone on the team capable of hitting a PAT. 

The last 5 years all we have done is go for 2 against CP because our kicker has been gone. Seiss isn’t big on kickers anyway. That’s why when we kicked a FG a few weeks ago I was estatic because we haven’t kicked a FG I since like 2017???

17 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

no, not correct. Score was 34-21 at half Merrillville. Merrillville score a td missed 2 pt conversion with under 1:00 minute to go in game to get to 40.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

You realize 2?? 3?? If there coaches came from merrillville right? 

Zac Wells was a legend as a FB player at Merrillville and led the PIrates to multiple Sectional and Regional Titles as Head Coach. He gave that up to join Buzea at H-F as his DC. How exactly is it a knock on CP that they have a Merrillville legend coaching their defense?