Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week Four

So we all know that special teams play a big role during a high school football game.

Over the first couple of weeks, I've seen LaVille's two kickers - Nettrouer and Plummer.

When Triton attempted the PAT against LaVille, the kick was blocked - Then they went for a 2-point conversion on the second score.

When Pioneer scored, they went for two.  Seems like they've gone for two points in recent years.

How are the other kickers in the league?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

14 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

So we all know that special teams play a big role during a high school football game.

Over the first couple of weeks, I've seen LaVille's two kickers - Nettrouer and Plummer.

When Triton attempted the PAT against LaVille, the kick was blocked - Then they went for a 2-point conversion on the second score.

When Pioneer scored, they went for two.  Seems like they've gone for two points in recent years.

How are the other kickers in the league?

from_the_sidelines007

Triton’s kicker is also the QB, has 7 or 8 touchbacks on kickoffs as well

as a 32 yard field goal and capable of hitting from 50 !

9 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Triton’s kicker is also the QB, has 7 or 8 touchbacks on kickoffs as well

as a 32 yard field goal and capable of hitting from 50 !

The Triton player you are referring to is a very good athlete.  I remember him diving for the pylon on the 2-pt conversion.

On another note, as I was looking at MaxPreps and Hoosier North Conference stats, I noticed several schools - more than one - did not have stats.

Is there some secret if a quarterback is whatever-for-whatever for a certain amount of yards, 'x' number of touchdowns and interceptions?

Is it top secret if a back has however many yards rushing, and 'x' amount of touchdowns with whatever yards per carry?

Sorry! I guess I just don't understand.

Any thoughts ?

from_the_sidelines007

21 minutes ago, trojan474 said:

Triton 51 Bremen 10!  Never would’ve thought it would be a blow out like this.  Schuh with over 200 yrds rushing and 5TDs.  Shively with over 200 all purpose yrds.  

I was one who thought after watching Laville vs them both that Triton had the better team by least 2 scores. Just depended if Triton showed up which looks definitely like they did 

8 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

I was one who thought after watching Laville vs them both that Triton had the better team by least 2 scores. Just depended if Triton showed up which looks definitely like they did 

I have nothing positive to say other than Triton is a good team and look forward to them making a deep run.

Judson 26 - Knox 0    FINAL.

Judson played a solid game on both sides of the ball. Knox got physically beat and couldn't get much started all night. If Knox plays the next 4 weeks like they did tonight, it wont be much fun. Hopefully they keep their heads up and learn from the loss. If you would of told me the Skins get shutout tonight I would of called you crazy, but hats off to Judson their defense was ready. 

Edited by Skins01

10 minutes ago, Skins01 said:

Judson played a solid game on both sides of the ball. Knox got physically beat and couldn't get much started all night. If Knox plays the next 4 weeks like they did tonight, it wont be much fun. Hopefully they keep their heads up and learn from the loss. If you would of told me the Skins get shutout tonight I would of called you crazy, but hats off to Judson their defense was ready. 

Weren’t you one to say Knox by multiple scores? Exactly how thought game would go. Knox can’t stop anybody. In a few years they may be super super tough 

34 minutes ago, Skins01 said:

Knox isn’t there yet but they’ll keep getting better. Judson came out and played great, shut out the “unstoppable” O!

7 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Weren’t you one to say Knox by multiple scores? Exactly how thought game would go. Knox can’t stop anybody. In a few years they may be super super tough 

I did say by 2 touchdowns yes, and I'll be the first to admit that Judson is better than I gave them credit for. I personally saw the game being closer with Judson having a hard time stopping the offense. Any team that can stop Knox's offense will beat them and thats a fact. Knox's defense needs some work for sure. Also for anyone that knows the rivalry between Judson and Knox, anything can happen when they meet, you honestly never know. I think Knox will definitely struggle against LaVille, but will have better games with Pioneer and Triton. 

2 minutes ago, Skins01 said:

I did say by 2 touchdowns yes, and I'll be the first to admit that Judson is better than I gave them credit for. I personally saw the game being closer with Judson having a hard time stopping the offense. Any team that can stop Knox's offense will beat them and thats a fact. Knox's defense needs some work for sure. Also for anyone that knows the rivalry between Judson and Knox, anything can happen when they meet, you honestly never know. I think Knox will definitely struggle against LaVille, but will have better games with Pioneer and Triton. 

Watching games, I honestly think can beat Pioneer, but will lose to Triton. Triton is a lot tougher then people realize 

4 hours ago, Oldschool said:

Where you at Fine Print?  Triton started game with a fumble and a Blocked punt!  Still won 51-10!  Are they more than you thought they were?

Very proud of the guys last night!  They proved that they have the mentality to win!  I was definitely thinking “here we go again “ early in the first, but the defense stepped up and they played great on both sides of the ball. How that Bremen team beat Marian I will never understand. But hats off to the Trojans!  They played a great game!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Very proud of the guys last night!  They proved that they have the mentality to win!  I was definitely thinking “here we go again “ early in the first, but the defense stepped up and they played great on both sides of the ball. How that Bremen team beat Marian I will never understand. But hats off to the Trojans!  They played a great game!

That Marian team is not very good. The worst probably in decades. Seeing the way Bremen had played and the style of back Schuh was, I knew he was going to eat them alive. 

On 9/9/2022 at 11:19 PM, Jmumm1235 said:

Watching games, I honestly think can beat Pioneer, but will lose to Triton. Triton is a lot tougher then people realize 

I can't judge what I've seen so far due to Winamac’s inexperience this season but out of the 4 games, I was impressed with Knox the most, then LaVille then Pioneer. 

I think conference will go

LaVille 

Judson/Pioneer/Knox battle it out for 2nd

Triton behind them

Winamac and Culver 

Caston