Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Sanctuary cities being tapped to help the border states......They're not liking it very much.....

swordfish

https://nypost.com/2022/09/15/marthas-vineyard-in-chaos-after-desantis-ships-migrants-to-liberal-enclave/

The posh liberal enclave of Martha’s Vineyard has been thrown into chaos by the arrival of two planeloads of migrants sent there by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, according to local reports.

Roughly 50 migrants were flown to the famed Massachusetts island — constituting what the local tourism board called a “humanitarian crisis’’ Thursday.

“This is an ongoing situation,’’ wrote a county emergency-management rep in a statement, noting that local authorities “are actively collaborating to develop a coordinated regional response.”

“We have reached out to our State and Federal partners for additional and long term support and assistance.’’

Some local pols learned  about the new arrivals during a Wednesday night meeting of the West Tisbury Select Board — with Town Administrator Jennifer Rand saying she’d been receiving “furious texts” from residents, the MV Times reported.

“I’m a little unclear about the situation, as is everybody, because everybody is scrambling a bit,” Rand said.

Rand said the migrants were headed to the St. Andrews Church in Edgartown and might be given short-term housing at the Martha’s Vineyard Agricultural Society’s “Ag Hall.”

But that won’t work for long because it doesn’t have beds or showers, she said, adding that feeding the migrants could be difficult, too, because the Martha’s Vineyard Red Cross was “not participating” in the official response.

In a prepared statement Thursday, the Red Cross said it’s “been in contact with local emergency management, and while we have not yet been asked to provide any local support, we stand ready to do that.

Lisa Belcastro, the coordinator for the Martha’s Vineyard homeless shelter, called the emergency housing arrangements for migrants a “stop-gap.” She suggested they will eventually need to be moved to a different location.

“At some point in time they have to move from here to somewhere else,” Belcastro told local news outlets. “We cannot, we do not, have the services to take care of 50 immigrants.”

She noted the island is already tight on housing.

“We’re in a housing crisis as we are on this island,” Belcastro said. “So we don’t, we can’t, house everyone here that lives here and works here.”

One snarky Twitter user quipped, “A quick Air BNB search came up with 297 homes currently avaliable. I’m sure they have a lot of empty summer homes avalible.”

“We don’t have refugee services, I had no idea about any of this,” she said.

“I only found out because one of them gave me their folder.”

Local high-school senior Maria Sanchez Roa, who was born in Colombia, said she was recruited to serve as an emergency translator.

“I was home watching Princess Diana videos when my mom burst through the door and told me to go to the high school,” she said.

“I’m here because I’m a Hispanic kid who speaks Spanish.”

Martha’s Vineyard has long been a favored vacation spot for left-leaning celebrities and Democratic pols including former President Barack Obama, who owns an $11.75 million estate where he celebrated his 60th birthday with a blow-out party last year.

But former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Fox News that “I doubt they’ll embrace” the migrants on Martha’s Vineyard.

“You know, these are all sanctuary cities until they’re in their sanctuary,” he said Wednesday night on “Jesse Watters Primetime.”

Online responses to the reports about the migrant arrivals included outrage from readers, including one who said, “Any blame lays at the feet of President Biden.”

“Thousands of people pour into the country daily and the federal government refuses to set any policy whatsoever other than the door is wide open,” wrote Fred from Edgartown.

“What’s most amazing is that we have a serious humanitarian issue and the current administration has no idea what to do (anybody seen or heard from the border czar? Still no root causes). Blaming over run governors of border states who never claimed to be sanctuary havens is ignoring the problem.”

Eric, from Tisbury, called on Gov. Charlie Baker to “open up barracks” on nearby Cape Cod to house the migrants while the state figures out what to do.

“We do not have enough housing for the people living here,” Eric said.

Helen from Vineyard Haven wrote, “Now I see why they want a new giant school in Vineyard Haven and ASAP.”

“I have been in tears for weeks over our taxes in VH going through the roof and worrying how to pay them, now this! I cant take much more, I senior citizen, alone and I am a 7th generation island native on a very fixed income,” Helen wrote. 

A move that has garnered the attention of the country.  Martha's Vineyard.  

2 million (so far this year) that have (illegally) crossed the Southern border and they can't be sent back.  The Governors of Texas, Florida and Arizona have had enough.  48 people to MV and they are losing their minds.  Early happy hour has been postponed until they can find someone to deal with this.

“We’re in a housing crisis as we are on this island,” Belcastro said. “So we don’t, we can’t, house everyone here that lives here and works here.”

One snarky Twitter user quipped, “A quick Air BNB search came up with 297 homes currently avaliable. I’m sure they have a lot of empty summer homes avalible.”

Biden (aka Kamala Harris - Border Czar) ain't helping much either.....

https://nypost.com/2022/09/15/white-house-shutting-down-dhs-plans-to-mitigate-crisis-at-southern-border-report/

Edited by swordfish

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11218077/Fox-hosts-hit-filmmaker-Ken-Burns-comparison-Marthas-Vineyard-Holocaust.html

'50 migrants arriving on a gorgeous island is exactly like Hitler slaughtering 6 million Jews!' Tucker Carlson mocks liberal filmmaker Ken Burns' furious claim that DeSantis flying illegal migrants to Martha's Vineyard is just like the HOLOCAUST

Liberal's reactions are just priceless......Sanctuary cities are great until migrants actually want sanctuary there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, swordfish said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11218077/Fox-hosts-hit-filmmaker-Ken-Burns-comparison-Marthas-Vineyard-Holocaust.html

'50 migrants arriving on a gorgeous island is exactly like Hitler slaughtering 6 million Jews!' Tucker Carlson mocks liberal filmmaker Ken Burns' furious claim that DeSantis flying illegal migrants to Martha's Vineyard is just like the HOLOCAUST

Liberal's reactions are just priceless......Sanctuary cities are great until migrants actually want sanctuary there.  

Bingo.  Mostly just lip service to garner votes.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/16/biden-says-gop-govs-un-american-playing-politics-with-human-beings/

President Biden has accused Republican governors of being “un-American” and “playing politics with human beings” by relocating border-crossers to Democrat-run sanctuary hotspots.

Speaking to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Gala late Thursday, Biden insisted that his administration was “committed to fixing the immigration system.”

But “instead of working with us on solutions, Republicans are playing politics with human beings, using them as props,” the president said, hours after dozens of migrants arrived in Martha’s Vineyard and others were dropped off outside Vice President Kamala Harris’ home in Washington, DC.

“What they’re doing is simply wrong. It’s un-American, it’s reckless,” Biden raged of the governors’ dramatic protest of his immigration policies.

I am throwing the BS flag on this one.  What is MORE un-American (according to lunatic liberals like former VP Biden) than not welcoming illegal immigrants into their own "sanctuary cities"?  These border state Governors have had to allow over 2 million illegals into their cities this year, but it's "un-American" to provide transportation to somewhere else in the US that "virtue signals" that "all peoples are welcome here"?  NO.  

It's no secret SF didn't vote for this guy, and I don't hold back criticism, but this time the former Vice President has crossed a line with his comments.  He's the idiot that opened the border as far as he legally could after Trump, halted the wall construction and "covertly" invited them to come on in.  Now his border Czar former Senator Harris won't comment or acknowledge the illegal aliens planted right outside her door.

Yeah, SF is beginning to call the current administration by their former titles, since it is very apparent they have no intention to actually do anything worthwhile.

Edited by swordfish
  • Like 1

Here is my question and why I just can't with the hypocrisy of the left.

How is this inhumane, but the Biden administration flying migrants to places IN THE MIDDLE of the NIGHT in the first place is just being glossed over?  People just hear what they want to hear.

To me, its pretty obvious at this point.  If you convince enough of these asylum seekers that you were their savior and fly them to swing states like Florida, then you take Texas too (a state that is turning purple) your path to the presidency just became a near cakewalk.  This is about using them as political pawns to ensure lifetime Democratic voters which is exactly what the left is accusing the right of doing.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Here is my question and why I just can't with the hypocrisy of the left.

How is this inhumane, but the Biden administration flying migrants to places IN THE MIDDLE of the NIGHT in the first place is just being glossed over?  People just hear what they want to hear.

To me, its pretty obvious at this point.  If you convince enough of these asylum seekers that you were their savior and fly them to swing states like Florida, then you take Texas too (a state that is turning purple) your path to the presidency just became a near cakewalk.  This is about using them as political pawns to ensure lifetime Democratic voters which is exactly what the left is accusing the right of doing.

The bottom line is neither R’s or D’s want them here, one’s honest about it and one’s not. 
The real issue as I see it is contrary to popular belief, these aren’t just poor Mexicans fleeing their homeland for a better life, these people are from all over the world. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 11:10 AM, swordfish said:

Fczcp-haIAMbRgh?format=jpg&name=medium

So - according to NBC, Immigrants = Trash.......(Crickets on the left)

One side gets to say whatever it wants without penalty.

A couple examples:

"Mostly peaceful protests..."

"These shots will prevent you from getting and spreading COVID."

I am just glad we are in the recovery process of the damage done by the prior administration.

#Unity