Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Mark Bless Retires from Avon

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Didn’t he coach at North Vermilions when he started out?

Yes sir! Coaching stints at North Vermillion, Mooresville, and Avon. Great man a terrific coach with character and even better role model for students he coached and taught. I was hoping he would get to the State Championship in 2015 and win one, he was very close! Regardless he was a great man on the gridiron and even better man away from the gridiron! I wish him the best in his retirement it is well deserved!

Congrats Coach Bless...  As a young coach, you were one of my idols. I always appreciated and enjoyed our talks and loved coaching against you. Your teams were always well prepared and played hard. You certainly are a Hall of Famer!  Indiana High School football will miss you!

Wishing Coach Bless all the best. His father and my father were contemporaries and played football together at Indiana Central. My father was one of the first football coaches at Avon (depends on what you count as the first coach, so I always say one of the first) so a couple of connections there.

He's done a great job at Avon despite the last few years. He really raised the bar there and took a good program to an elite program for several years. He's produced a lot of great players. I talked to one of my students who played for Coach Bless, and he was really sad about him retiring. I'm sure there are many. 

Good luck Coach!

Edited by BDGiant93