Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

39 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

We have 480 students, so 240-ish boys... 60-65 of those play football. We also don't really have anyone in the community that cares to have soccer. 

Certainly understand that - but there are plenty of schools with those enrollment numbers and/or fewer that still certainly field a soccer program. (well, maybe not football roster numbers, those are impressive) North Posey, Pike Central, Tecumseh, Tell City come to mind in our conference. 

4 minutes ago, jets said:

Certainly understand that - but there are plenty of schools with those enrollment numbers and/or fewer that still certainly field a soccer program. (well, maybe not football roster numbers, those are impressive) North Posey, Pike Central, Tecumseh, Tell City come to mind in our conference. 

What do those schools have in common that Brownstown doesn't? Especially North Posey/Tecumseh.... but even still Pike Central/Tell City have very simple drives/access to... 

Outside of that--- we simply don't want it. 

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

What do those schools have in common that Brownstown doesn't? Especially North Posey/Tecumseh.... but even still Pike Central/Tell City have very simple drives/access to... 

Outside of that--- we simply don't want it. 

I actually don't know the answer?? Is there something obvious that I am missing? 

1 hour ago, jets said:

I actually don't know the answer?? Is there something obvious that I am missing? 

Proximity to Evansville/big city in general. We are secluded, we are an island. There is nowhere for our kids to go and play soccer that isn't a hassle. 

16 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Proximity to Evansville/big city in general. We are secluded, we are an island. There is nowhere for our kids to go and play soccer that isn't a hassle. 

I guess I am confused by this statement.. Most of the schools you are talking about are 45 min to an hour from Evansville.  A quick google check says it is 62 minutes to Louisville and 75ish minutes to Indianapolis.  

I can get behind the statement that Brownstown doesn't want it, but the proximity argument is wrong. 

31 minutes ago, Coach_K said:

I guess I am confused by this statement.. Most of the schools you are talking about are 45 min to an hour from Evansville.  A quick google check says it is 62 minutes to Louisville and 75ish minutes to Indianapolis.  

I can get behind the statement that Brownstown doesn't want it, but the proximity argument is wrong. 

It's not wrong. 

NP is 25 mins from Evansville. That's a far drive? 

Tecumseh very close to the eastside of Eville. Pike Central/TC on Hwys that are easy access to Evansville where there's an abundance of soccer.  Our kids don't have that.  Heck some of our kids live 30-40 mins from an interstate. 

In the fall-- our kids play football, baseball, or hunt... compared to driving over 3hrs round trip to the Northside of Indy to play soccer.  Not gunna happen.  

A bad day for the Mitchell Football program yesterday. Coach Kling is stepping down to take an assistant principal job in his home town of Mt. Carmel, Illinois. His father's health is a concern, and he needed to get back home to assistant his family. 

Really appreciate everything Coach was trying to do here. He was very invovled in the youth program. He put in countless hours in the weight room with not just the HS kids, but with our JH kids as well. Top to bottom, he did things the right way. Losing his son Jackson really, really hurts. The kid is just special. 

Not sure what is next. Skill position pieces have a ton of potential, but we are very thin and weak on the line. Current Freshman class is strong. Not sure on the JH outlook. I know the youth seems to be interested in football.  

1 minute ago, Bluejacket1 said:

A bad day for the Mitchell Football program yesterday. Coach Kling is stepping down to take an assistant principal job in his home town of Mt. Carmel, Illinois. His father's health is a concern, and he needed to get back home to assistant his family. 

Really appreciate everything Coach was trying to do here. He was very invovled in the youth program. He put in countless hours in the weight room with not just the HS kids, but with our JH kids as well. Top to bottom, he did things the right way. Losing his son Jackson really, really hurts. The kid is just special. 

Not sure what is next. Skill position pieces have a ton of potential, but we are very thin and weak on the line. Current Freshman class is strong. Not sure on the JH outlook. I know the youth seems to be interested in football.  

Sorry to hear that.  

3 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

It's not wrong. 

NP is 25 mins from Evansville. That's a far drive? 

Tecumseh very close to the eastside of Eville. Pike Central/TC on Hwys that are easy access to Evansville where there's an abundance of soccer.  Our kids don't have that.  Heck some of our kids live 30-40 mins from an interstate. 

In the fall-- our kids play football, baseball, or hunt... compared to driving over 3hrs round trip to the Northside of Indy to play soccer.  Not gunna happen.  

Poseyville to Evansville- 34 minutes

Tell City to Evansville- 1 hour 13 minutes

Huntingburg to Evansville- 58 minutes

Petersburg to Evansville- 47 minutes

Ferdinand to Evansville- 54 minutes

Brownstown to Louisville- 1 hour 2 minutes 

Tell City, North Posey, Forest Park and Southridge are comparable in size to you. Just saying.

3 minutes ago, Bluejacket1 said:

I agree.  Coach Kling was working hard and had some momentum it seemed.  Hopefully this move will allow him to spend some valuable time with family.  Jackson Kling appeared to be an extremely hard worker and fine athlete all the way around. Best of luck Coach Kling! 

13 minutes ago, Bluejacket1 said:

We all say football is like a family, but you only get one father.  I hope everything works out for him.

25 minutes ago, Coach_K said:

Poseyville to Evansville- 34 minutes

Tell City to Evansville- 1 hour 13 minutes

Huntingburg to Evansville- 58 minutes

Petersburg to Evansville- 47 minutes

Ferdinand to Evansville- 54 minutes

Brownstown to Louisville- 1 hour 2 minutes 

Tell City, North Posey, Forest Park and Southridge are comparable in size to you. Just saying.

Not a ton of our kids live in Brownstown. 

Poseyville to Evansville 20 miles. Tell City, Ferdinand are located RIGHT on an interstate. Petersburg RIGHT on 69. 

Southridge is in a county that has 3 other soccer-playing HSs. 

5 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Not a ton of our kids live in Brownstown. 

Poseyville to Evansville 20 miles. Tell City, Ferdinand are located RIGHT on an interstate. Petersburg RIGHT on 69. 

Southridge is in a county that has 3 other soccer-playing HSs. 

My purpose was informing you on how far in hours and minutes these cities are from Evansville.  Poseyville and Tell City will not use the interstate to get to Evansville, so it takes longer.  Most students who go to these rural schools live in the main city of the school.  I don't care about soccer, but when you challenge the premise of proximity from one city to another I take issue. 

You might notice I did not challenge your claim of 3 hour round trip to the northside of Indy because I know it to be true.  The navigational route to take from one city to another impacts the travel time. That's all I have to say on this topic. 

9 minutes ago, Coach_K said:

My purpose was informing you on how far in hours and minutes these cities are from Evansville.  Poseyville and Tell City will not use the interstate to get to Evansville, so it takes longer.  Most students who go to these rural schools live in the main city of the school.  I don't care about soccer, but when you challenge the premise of proximity from one city to another I take issue. 

You might notice I did not challenge your claim of 3 hour round trip to the northside of Indy because I know it to be true.  The navigational route to take from one city to another impacts the travel time. That's all I have to say on this topic. 

I googled all of them before I posted what I posted. I understood how far in minutes and miles they were from Evansville when I posted. Thanks.

We don't have soccer close to us, not hard to figure out. Not sure there was ever anything for you to take issue with....  I was asked a question about why kids in Brownstown don't play soccer. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I googled all of them before I posted what I posted. I understood how far in minutes and miles they were from Evansville when I posted. Thanks.

We don't have soccer close to us, not hard to figure out. Not sure there was ever anything for you to take issue with....  I was asked a question about why kids in Brownstown don't play soccer. 

I was just genuinely curious (and maybe a little jealous?!) how a school such as Brownstown doesn't have a soccer program. Obviously that is a big win for the football program (in terms of numbers)...I don't necessarily buy the argument of the proximity to a big city being necessary for having a soccer program - that doesn't make much sense to me? But, to each their own....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jets said:

I was just genuinely curious (and maybe a little jealous?!) how a school such as Brownstown doesn't have a soccer program. Obviously that is a big win for the football program (in terms of numbers)...I don't necessarily buy the argument of the proximity to a big city being necessary for having a soccer program - that doesn't make much sense to me? But, to each their own....

I guess I don't understand that, but yes, to each their own. 

I did grow up here, btw. And do coach here now. 

8 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I guess I don't understand that, but yes, to each their own. 

I did grow up here, btw. And do coach here now. 

Ok - I'll give this a try:

1. Your original point (from what I gathered) is Brownstown doesn't have a soccer program because of its lack of proximity to a larger metro area. 

2. I said that argument/point doesn't necessarily hold water/make sense - as there are plenty of examples around the State of similar logistics that do have soccer. 

- It's no skin off my back either way, again, was just curious. I think the easier argument/point to make would be "we just don't want it (which you did say) and the community doesn't either" ....that in itself would be shocking to me, just given the culture of things nowadays 

5 minutes ago, jets said:

Ok - I'll give this a try:

1. Your original point (from what I gathered) is Brownstown doesn't have a soccer program because of its lack of proximity to a larger metro area. 

2. I said that argument/point doesn't necessarily hold water/make sense - as there are plenty of examples around the State of similar logistics that do have soccer. 

- It's no skin off my back either way, again, was just curious. I think the easier argument/point to make would be "we just don't want it (which you did say) and the community doesn't either" ....that in itself would be shocking to me, just given the culture of things nowadays 

I didn't realize I was making an argument the whole time. I was simply answering a question. 

I find our logistics to be, not the same as everyone else. Two of the schools you listed are literally in adjacent counties to Evansville. When you couple that with no motivation to have it in general... and there is your answer. 

On 1/31/2024 at 11:16 AM, btownqbcoach1 said:

Most I've ever thought about soccer haha 

I do like watching IU in the tourneys, though. 

Too Much Soccer Talk! 😂 

There is only one team sport in the fall. If you wanna run around/ flop for a couple hours to most likely win by 1 or even tie. Take that noise elsewhere. 

Kudos to Brownstown for fighting the soccer propaganda. You wanna play what at BCHS?? Nah, either get a helmet on or go to Seymour. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Zonefball said:

Too Much Soccer Talk! 😂 

There is only one team sport in the fall. If you wanna run around/ flop for a couple hours to most likely win by 1 or even tie. Take that noise elsewhere. 

Kudos to Brownstown for fighting the soccer propaganda. You wanna play what at BCHS?? Nah, either get a helmet on or go to Seymour. 

🤣🤣

post of the year. It's just not a thing. I won't mention, again, the reasons why. 

53 minutes ago, Zonefball said:

Too Much Soccer Talk! 😂 

And to be fair--- there is a JR at Seymour right now who plays soccer for them. Went to BC through 8th grade, and I tried like heck to convince him to kick for us, but he wanted to play soccer, so he went there. I think that is the only time it's happened, I know we've had multiple swimmers that went there to compete in that sport.