Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Heartland Week 1

Not sure what the year will bring but here we go!

Benton Central at Delphi---BC

Carroll at North Newton---Carroll

Frankfort at Clinton Central---Frankfort

Frontier at Clinton Prairie--- CP

Madison Grant at Tri Central---MG

Oak Hill at Eastern---Oak Hill

Sheridan at Western Boone---Sheridan

Taylor at North White--Taylor

2 hours ago, Landrys Hat said:

Benton Central at Delphi

Carroll at North Newton

Frankfort at Clinton Central

Frontier at Clinton Prairie

Madison Grant at Tri Central

Oak Hill at Eastern

Sheridan at Western Boone

Taylor at North White

I'll take a stab, but here is my first question - Is Rossville the best team in Clinton County?  If they fielded a team they probably would be.

Benton Central at Delphi - Bison get the road win over the Oracles.

Carroll at North Newton - Are the Cougars #6 in 1A?  Spartans struggled last year and they have a new coach and almost double the players.  They'll be better this year, but probably won't win this one.

Frankfort at Clinton Central - Is there a decent team in Clinton County?  I say no, but someone has to win this game.  I'll take the Hot Dogs over the Bulldogs.

Frontier at Clinton Prairie - Not sold on the pick of the Falcons, but the Gophers don't really give me much of a reason to pick them.

Madison Grant at Tri Central - The Argylls alley oop over the Trojans.

Oak Hill at Eastern - Flipped a coin, OH won the toss and elected to win.  Simple as that.

Sheridan at Western Boone - Stars have had the Hawks number recently.  As much as I'd love to see the Hawks win, it's a tough assignment to win in Dover.

Taylor at North White - The Vikings over the Titans.  While this sounds like a monumental meeting, this is more like the Fluffy Kittens vs. the Bouncing Butterflies.

Benton Central at Delphi

Carroll at North Newton

Oak Hill at Eastern

Sheridan at Western Boone - Why does this game even still exist? No one in Sheridan or WeBo cares about the winner. I say this as a Sheridan grad. If SHS wins, it indicates nothing. If Western Boone wins, it still indicates nothing. 

Taylor at North White

1 hour ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Why does this game even still exist? No one in Sheridan or WeBo cares about the winner. I say this as a Sheridan grad. If SHS wins, it indicates nothing. If Western Boone wins, it still indicates nothing. 

Believe it or not, I really miss Hamilton Heights playing Sheridan, I miss it a lot. Maybe WeBo doesn't want it to end contrary to what 1 guy from Sheridan thinks.

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Believe it or not, I really miss Hamilton Heights playing Sheridan, I miss it a lot. Maybe WeBo doesn't want it to end contrary to what 1 guy from Sheridan thinks.

I know there is a growing sentiment among people at Sheridan that the WeBo game is pointless, and needs to go away. I'd love to see the Hamilton Heights matchup come back. Maybe a Lutheran/Covenant/etc? 

On the other hand, Coach Wright often uses the WeBo game to just try stuff and see if it works. He might be lobbying to keep the game, just as another scrimmage. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

I know there is a growing sentiment among people at Sheridan that the WeBo game is pointless, and needs to go away. I'd love to see the Hamilton Heights matchup come back. Maybe a Lutheran/Covenant/etc? 

On the other hand, Coach Wright often uses the WeBo game to just try stuff and see if it works. He might be lobbying to keep the game, just as another scrimmage. 

Why would these games be any better?

WeBo is a strong program right now and Sheridan should be aiming to be more competitive with them. Replacing them with the any of the 3 schools you mention would probably have the people calling it pointless in a few years as well.

On 8/15/2023 at 8:03 AM, Landrys Hat said:

Benton Central at Delphi---BC

Carroll at North Newton---Carroll

Frankfort at Clinton Central---Frankfort

Frontier at Clinton Prairie--- CP

Madison Grant at Tri Central---MG

Oak Hill at Eastern---Oak Hill

Sheridan at Western Boone---Sheridan

Taylor at North White--Taylor

On 8/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, Muda69 said:

Curious what the basis is for the Sheridan picks, or are they just guesses for the most part or wishful thinking lol?

Sheridan lost the entire d-line and dominant RB duo Seniors from last year. I hear WeBo lost a lot of talent as well but not sure if it will be enough to make up for last year's gap... Sheridan is still struggling to find a QB and with no dominant RBs to lean on... maybe Sheridan lost more than WeBo? 
Anyway, just curious on the thoughts there, would love to hear more insight from others before I see the game in person Friday!

•  

Benton Central at Delphi

Carroll at North Newton

Oak Hill at Eastern

Sheridan at Western Boone

Taylor at North White

53 minutes ago, khayward said:

Curious what the basis is for the Sheridan picks, or are they just guesses for the most part or wishful thinking lol?

Sheridan lost the entire d-line and dominant RB duo Seniors from last year. I hear WeBo lost a lot of talent as well but not sure if it will be enough to make up for last year's gap... Sheridan is still struggling to find a QB and with no dominant RBs to lean on... maybe Sheridan lost more than WeBo? 
Anyway, just curious on the thoughts there, would love to hear more insight from others before I see the game in person Friday!

WeBo also brings back a D1 LB/RB not that one player makes a difference, but he is a Stud.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:20 PM, Daniel_Bragg said:

I think there is a possibility that when the Sagamore conference splits that Webo drops Sheridan to pick up their rival of Lebanon or Tri-West. Tri-West is maybe 10 minutes away from Webo and about the same for Lebanon. Just my 2 cents.