Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

On 10/4/2023 at 11:44 AM, Prowlingpanther said:

Not that they can necessarily score more than them. Just think Caston can stop Winamac from scoring more than Winamac can stop Caston. Now I could be wrong and they could prove it. But I think Caston's back will cause too many problems. Caston held North White QB to only 103 yards when he's averaging 225 yards a game. Not saying their Offense is show-stopping but their defense is what will be the difference. 

Yes, Caston did slow Quasebarth down and he tore Winamac up but again Tucker Fox and Jadon Jones didn't play in that game either and both are starting linebackers and Fox is their best defensive player. Those earlier games happened but Winamacs defense has been playing very well last few weeks and Castons offense struggled quite a bit against North Whites and winamac minus their top two rushers and tight end still managed to score more and have more yards of offense against the same North White squad. 

It'll be a hard hitting game, I think Winamac is favored but Caston will be absolutely ready.

On 10/1/2023 at 5:57 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

All:

We're in the home stretch of the regular season.

HNAC Week #8

Does Knox take a step toward the 2023 HNAC Championship?

Or can Triton step into the HNAC spotlight?

Friday, Oct. 6
Caston at Winamac ©, 7 pm
LaVille at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm
Pioneer at Culver ©, 7 pm
Triton at Knox ©, 7:30 pm

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Winamac 14-13

Laville 24-21

pioneer 35-7

Triton 28-27

On 10/4/2023 at 9:22 AM, FinePrint said:

That ain't gonna happen against the Knox D.  They'll be ready.

I'm curious how many guys Knox has going both ways.  I assume they have more depth and can platoon a little more effectively than the 1A schools in the conference.

Knox only has around 40 kids on the team. There are 5 to 7 that go both ways. 

4 minutes ago, Madvamp said:

Knox only has around 40 kids on the team. There are 5 to 7 that go both ways. 

Oh wow!  I would have guessed maybe 3-4 guys playing both sides.  Thanks for the info!  Hoping for a good game tonight!  Welcome to the GID @Madvamp

Edited by FinePrint

On 10/3/2023 at 9:44 AM, Trojan67 said:

Caston at Winamac

The Comets get in the win column and saw a huge confidence boost last week hosting the Cavs. Winamac also has picked up a few nice wins and called their win last week against WC. I like the Comets in this game simply because of their linebackers. I believe Caston can pull out a huge win and continue building their confidence because they are tired of being bullied. Caston 36 Winamac 22

LaVille at North Judson

The name of the game this week is resiliency. After watching the Jays last week, speed killed them last week against Triton. For the Lancers, do they take big shots down field? Or do they allow the Jays to keep things in front of them and clobber the run game and keep things interesting? You cannot look past the Jays run defense. LaVille 35 Jays 21

Pioneer at Culver

Not much to say. I think the Panthers use this game to help clean things up and get kids healthy. Pioneer 54 Culver 0

Triton at Knox

All of the odds are stacked against the Trojans this week and I think spoiling the Redskins hopes of being the lone conference champion is on the hearts and minds of everyone in Bourbon. Knox is riding high right now and their confidence is at an all-time high for the progrum and the same is true for Triton. I talked about resiliency in my prediction for the LV and NJSP game. I think the same is true for both teams in this game and how they handle things on the field. With rain in the forecast on Thursday and possibly Friday night, this could be the difference maker. I am going to go out on a lomb here and say the Trojans win this game because of the odds. Trojans 24 Knox 20

Castons linebackers were superb this evening, was very impressed with 19 and 21 on offense along with that #16 and #7. 

Winamacs defense however kept them in the game while Winamac routinely shot themselves in the foot with atleast 4 turnovers in the 2nd half alone offensively and on special teams.  Caston absolutely out played and deserved to win but Winamacs defense made some nice stands.  Caston is gonna be pretty solid here soon. 

1 hour ago, cpg1970 said:

Knox will do that to you if your not physically and mentally ready for them.

That's 100 percent correct, the new nsc is gonna be a doozy!