Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

All:

We're in the home stretch of the regular season.

HNAC Week #8

Does Knox take a step toward the 2023 HNAC Championship?

Or can Triton step into the HNAC spotlight?

Friday, Oct. 6
Caston at Winamac ©, 7 pm
LaVille at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm
Pioneer at Culver ©, 7 pm
Triton at Knox ©, 7:30 pm

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 10/1/2023 at 5:57 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

All:

We're in the home stretch of the regular season.

HNAC Week #8

Does Knox take a step toward the 2023 HNAC Championship?

Or can Triton step into the HNAC spotlight?

Friday, Oct. 6
Caston at Winamac ©, 7 pm
LaVille at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm
Pioneer at Culver ©, 7 pm
Triton at Knox ©, 7:30 pm

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Winamac 

North Judson

Pioneer 

Laville 

Caston at Winamac

The Comets get in the win column and saw a huge confidence boost last week hosting the Cavs. Winamac also has picked up a few nice wins and called their win last week against WC. I like the Comets in this game simply because of their linebackers. I believe Caston can pull out a huge win and continue building their confidence because they are tired of being bullied. Caston 36 Winamac 22

LaVille at North Judson

The name of the game this week is resiliency. After watching the Jays last week, speed killed them last week against Triton. For the Lancers, do they take big shots down field? Or do they allow the Jays to keep things in front of them and clobber the run game and keep things interesting? You cannot look past the Jays run defense. LaVille 35 Jays 21

Pioneer at Culver

Not much to say. I think the Panthers use this game to help clean things up and get kids healthy. Pioneer 54 Culver 0

Triton at Knox

All of the odds are stacked against the Trojans this week and I think spoiling the Redskins hopes of being the lone conference champion is on the hearts and minds of everyone in Bourbon. Knox is riding high right now and their confidence is at an all-time high for the progrum and the same is true for Triton. I talked about resiliency in my prediction for the LV and NJSP game. I think the same is true for both teams in this game and how they handle things on the field. With rain in the forecast on Thursday and possibly Friday night, this could be the difference maker. I am going to go out on a lomb here and say the Trojans win this game because of the odds. Trojans 24 Knox 20

Caston @ Winamac: Caston got a win against a conference team while Winamac won against use to be undefeated West Central team. If this doesn't shows how strong our conference is I don't know what will. I think even though they both got some boost on confidence, I think Caston gets the win here and by a good margin. 21-6

Laville @ North Judson: After last week I think we saw some weakness out of NJ. Laville is a fast team as well and with another solid QB. I think Laville will take this one by 2 touchdowns. 28-14.

Pioneer @ Culver: Pioneer finally catches a break in the schedule after play 3 of their toughest 4 games. I think Pioneer takes this time to try some things out. Pioneer takes it 42-7

Triton @ Knox: Knox had a close game against NJ a week before Triton and NJ played and we all were shocked by the outcome of last week. Knox will beat you with hard-nosed football. Triton will kill you with everything else. I think it will be a shoot-out for sure. I could see this game being able to swing either way and it's hard to say who. I personally would like to see Triton take a share of the conference to make things interesting. It will come down to who has the ball last.

2 hours ago, Trojan67 said:

All of the odds are stacked against the Trojans this week and I think spoiling the Redskins hopes of being the lone conference champion is on the hearts and minds of everyone in Bourbon. Knox is riding high right now and their confidence is at an all-time high for the progrum and the same is true for Triton. I talked about resiliency in my prediction for the LV and NJSP game. I think the same is true for both teams in this game and how they handle things on the field. With rain in the forecast on Thursday and possibly Friday night, this could be the difference maker. I am going to go out on a lomb here and say the Trojans win this game because of the odds. Trojans 24 Knox 20

I think if it rains it will give more of an edge to Knox in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Not sure what can be assessed comparing games.  
Pioneer had chances to win against Triton and Pioneer got avalanched in first quarter against Knox. NJ got spanked by Triton and led late vs Knox. 

I believe Triton has the best athlete in Shively while Knox has the best two running backs and they are dudes. 

should be interesting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RingLeader said:

Not sure what can be assessed comparing games.  
Pioneer had chances to win against Triton and Pioneer got avalanched in first quarter against Knox. NJ got spanked by Triton and led late vs Knox. 

I believe Triton has the best athlete in Shively while Knox has the best two running backs and they are dudes. 

should be interesting. 

My mama said don't take the spread for either team. Just hammer the over and watch both offensive teams open up a can of whoop-a$$

6 hours ago, Prowlingpanther said:

Caston @ Winamac: Caston got a win against a conference team while Winamac won against use to be undefeated West Central team. If this doesn't shows how strong our conference is I don't know what will. I think even though they both got some boost on confidence, I think Caston gets the win here and by a good margin. 21-6

Laville @ North Judson: After last week I think we saw some weakness out of NJ. Laville is a fast team as well and with another solid QB. I think Laville will take this one by 2 touchdowns. 28-14.

Pioneer @ Culver: Pioneer finally catches a break in the schedule after play 3 of their toughest 4 games. I think Pioneer takes this time to try some things out. Pioneer takes it 42-7

Triton @ Knox: Knox had a close game against NJ a week before Triton and NJ played and we all were shocked by the outcome of last week. Knox will beat you with hard-nosed football. Triton will kill you with everything else. I think it will be a shoot-out for sure. I could see this game being able to swing either way and it's hard to say who. I personally would like to see Triton take a share of the conference to make things interesting. It will come down to who has the ball last.

Winamacs defense gave up 14 points to North Judson and 14 to West Central but you think Castons offense can score more than that? Look, I understand that Winamac didn't score really much early on or play well at all but making switch at QB, getting healthy and moving guys around on defense has made this team better than the 2-5 record they have. 

2 hours ago, hondo17 said:

Winamacs defense gave up 14 points to North Judson and 14 to West Central but you think Castons offense can score more than that? Look, I understand that Winamac didn't score really much early on or play well at all but making switch at QB, getting healthy and moving guys around on defense has made this team better than the 2-5 record they have. 

I think the biggest thing in this game is who wants it more. Caston's linebackers have been getting nothing but praise and are the focal points on both sides of the ball. Winamac has just been underwhelming. Have the Warriors done good stuff? Absolutely. But both teams have played the same schedule up to this point. If Winamac doesn't match the physicality of Caston, 100% Caston wins this game. Just my take on the situation. 

3 minutes ago, Trojan67 said:

I think the biggest thing in this game is who wants it more. Caston's linebackers have been getting nothing but praise and are the focal points on both sides of the ball. Winamac has just been underwhelming. Have the Warriors done good stuff? Absolutely. But both teams have played the same schedule up to this point. If Winamac doesn't match the physicality of Caston, 100% Caston wins this game. Just my take on the situation. 

This 100%. If Winamac can take care of their backers I think it’ll be close. But I think they will disrupt Winamac too much. 

21 hours ago, Trojan67 said:

Caston at Winamac

The Comets get in the win column and saw a huge confidence boost last week hosting the Cavs. Winamac also has picked up a few nice wins and called their win last week against WC. I like the Comets in this game simply because of their linebackers. I believe Caston can pull out a huge win and continue building their confidence because they are tired of being bullied. Caston 36 Winamac 22

LaVille at North Judson

The name of the game this week is resiliency. After watching the Jays last week, speed killed them last week against Triton. For the Lancers, do they take big shots down field? Or do they allow the Jays to keep things in front of them and clobber the run game and keep things interesting? You cannot look past the Jays run defense. LaVille 35 Jays 21

Pioneer at Culver

Not much to say. I think the Panthers use this game to help clean things up and get kids healthy. Pioneer 54 Culver 0

Triton at Knox

I'm not sure how any of the HNAC games will go anymore. Just when I thought Judson was figuring it out, they went out and got slaughtered. 

Maybe this is all due to a potential return of Mighty Jones

Caston at Winamac - Caston has better athletes but Winamac has the big boys up front. WC 28-14
LaVille at North Judson- Teams have started packing the box and forcing judson to beat them on the outside. Sometimes a good butt whooping will get the mind right but idk if they have enough. LV 28-6
Pioneer at Culver - Pathers finally get a break from the tougher part of the schedule. Pioneer 48-7
Triton at Knox- Knox's weakness is the pass defense but rain could help them out. Rain or not, still think they win by a couple scores. Knox 43-28

2 hours ago, littledog said:

I'm not sure how any of the HNAC games will go anymore. Just when I thought Judson was figuring it out, they went out and got slaughtered. 

Maybe this is all due to a potential return of Mighty Jones

It was obvious that Judson was more worried about the run. They did a really good job at keeping the run in front of them, but Triton's big shots down the field in the passing game killed them. 

18 minutes ago, Trojan67 said:

It was obvious that Judson was more worried about the run. They did a really good job at keeping the run in front of them, but Triton's big shots down the field in the passing game killed them. 

That ain't gonna happen against the Knox D.  They'll be ready.

I'm curious how many guys Knox has going both ways.  I assume they have more depth and can platoon a little more effectively than the 1A schools in the conference.

15 hours ago, Trojan67 said:

I'm just curious on why you think they'll score more than what North Judson and West Centrals offense did against Winamac. 

Can Caston absolutely win this game? Yes, Winamac doesn't have the talent to overlook anyone but this team the way they are now are much better than what they were week 1. Tucker Fox and Tearson Wolford have really reinforced winamacs defense at the LB positions and Garner and Keller have been pretty solid on the defensive line and Cash Roth being at QB has opened up the run game for Jones and Bucinski.

Caston is much better than years past and will start getting good here soon. I imagine it's a pretty exciting time to follow football and boys basketball over there. 

23 minutes ago, hondo17 said:

I'm just curious on why you think they'll score more than what North Judson and West Centrals offense did against Winamac. 

Can Caston absolutely win this game? Yes, Winamac doesn't have the talent to overlook anyone but this team the way they are now are much better than what they were week 1. Tucker Fox and Tearson Wolford have really reinforced winamacs defense at the LB positions and Garner and Keller have been pretty solid on the defensive line and Cash Roth being at QB has opened up the run game for Jones and Bucinski.

Caston is much better than years past and will start getting good here soon. I imagine it's a pretty exciting time to follow football and boys basketball over there. 

Not that they can necessarily score more than them. Just think Caston can stop Winamac from scoring more than Winamac can stop Caston. Now I could be wrong and they could prove it. But I think Caston's back will cause too many problems. Caston held North White QB to only 103 yards when he's averaging 225 yards a game. Not saying their Offense is show-stopping but their defense is what will be the difference. 

Caston at Winamac - It's obvious Winamac has improved since early in the season.  Sounds like the coaching staff is making some changes to utilize guys a little better.  I'm taking the Warriors in a low-scoring affair.  Caston will make a game of it for sure!  Warriors 14-8

LaVille at North Judson - Senior night for the Bluejays!  They'll play inspired ball after getting embarrassed last week in Bourbon.  They'll be working on pass D all week to prepare for Plummer.  As others have said, NJ looked pretty one-dimensional on offense last week and LaVille has the bodies to stuff the run.  The Jays will need to be able to spread it out to score on the Lancers.  Weeks ago I would have had North Judson winning this one.  But today I'm going with LaVille.  Lancers 31-21

Pioneer at Culver - Pioneer easily in this one, even if their playmakers need another week to heal up.  This is the blowout of the night.  Panthers 44-6

Triton at Knox - I've been waffling on this one all week.  Triton's ailing running back should return this week.  That should help the running game out.  But I think Triton has to be able to pass the ball to make this a game.  That means the O-line will have to play well in pass protection, and Shively will need to throw some great balls!  (Which he is very capable of doing!)  Knox averages 40 and gives up 13.  Triton averages 30 and gives up 14.  Something has to give on Friday night!  The Trojans seem to rise up when I doubt them, so I'm going with the home team on Senior Night.  Redskins 28-21

3 hours ago, hondo17 said:

I am not trying to put any team down by any means, but West Central's and North White's schedule does absolutely nothing for them. The MWC right now is extremely weak. I was expecting Winamac to win that game. As for Judson, I have no idea what happened there. I can only to assume that the changes helped Winamac. The play calling has seemed to stay the same though. 

As for Caston, I saw what happened with the Triton game and have followed what they have done up to this point. Caston playing Triton, everyone said, including myself, that the game was a tied ball game if Caston had not turned the ball over. Offensively, I know that their 2 kids playing LB are gritty kids on both sides of the ball and feel that based on what I have seen from both teams, Caston I feel have the edge on both sides of the ball. But like I said, what Winamac team are we going to see on Friday? 

• Like 1