Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I think Penn needs to have Mishawaka on their schedule. It is good for our area. What threw me into a frenzy, is the fact that we (the school) are so worried about hurting conference schools feelings that we are sacrificing our competitiveness in the 6A tourney for a conference championship. 

I would rather have Mishawaka on the schedule and send the JV to play most of our conference schedule.  That gives us 3 or 4 games we could play Carmel and other 6A schools. 

But, we care more about feelings than we do about winning.  

Does Penn dominate the NIC in most sports?

I assume so but wanted to ask.

Edited by temptation

On 12/11/2023 at 3:45 PM, US31 said:

Just out of curiosity, I checked John Harrell....last season they ranked 24th in 6A and 33rd overall.  Not a whole lot of room to drop unfortunaltely.  As a Northern Indiana guy I feel Indiana HS football is better when Penn is relavent.  

If I'm Penn, I'd try and schedule 3-4 of these teams each year

Snider, Carroll, Homestead, Crown Point, Carmel, Cathedral, Chicago power, Ohio power, Michigan power.

Penn has played Cathedral the last four seasons.  I don't know the schedule for next season so I don't know if the contract is up.

10 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Penn has played Cathedral the last four seasons.  I don't know the schedule for next season so I don't know if the contract is up.

Yes, Penn Cathedral series is over, however Penn was to pick up Carmel...but the Conference has imploded forcing 7 conference games and Penn is going along with it...making Penn pick between an upcoming series with Carmel or cross town rival Mishawaka. The Valpo game was not considered to be dropped to keep Carmel on the schedule. 

18 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

It has been since 2010 since Penn has played BD yearly. Idc if we got walked, won or lost close. BD was always the game on our schedule. Also, the respect between the two programs, sharing meals after the game was an awesome sign of respect. 

I loved that rivalry....well it was lopsided but still a Rivalry to us. 

It was so unique.

15 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

It was so unique.

If you look back at some of the games, a good handful came down to final drives. There was the heartbreaker at Penn, I think 4th and goal BD punched it in for the win. My Senior year at BD we were down by 21 or so, came back and forced overtime.

IDK if you still do it, but you guys would line up shoulder to shoulder along your sideline for the coin toss. I think it was supposed to intimidate us, but the guys always seemed ready for the challenge. 

11 of the games played were 1 score games.  15 games were played from 1996 - 2010. Penn only won 4 of those games. but each game was memorable in some way. 

23 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

If you look back at some of the games, a good handful came down to final drives. There was the heartbreaker at Penn, I think 4th and goal BD punched it in for the win. My Senior year at BD we were down by 21 or so, came back and forced overtime.

IDK if you still do it, but you guys would line up shoulder to shoulder along your sideline for the coin toss. I think it was supposed to intimidate us, but the guys always seemed ready for the challenge. 

11 of the games played were 1 score games.  15 games were played from 1996 - 2010. Penn only won 4 of those games. but each game was memorable in some way. 

Then having the teams sit down and eat dinner after the game together was really special.

• Like 1