Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Don’t sleep on Franklin central they’ve been getting better every year and my golfing bud keeps saying how they would destroy any team in the region 

The team that's 20-42 over the last 6 seasons? I get it, they have a tough schedule, but "destroy?" They'd lose to Crown Point. I don't see them beating Merrillville or Valpo by much more than a touchdown. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I may be wrong...I was told multiple years, but my source could have been mistaken.  

At Center Grove in 2024. Host Center Grove in 2025. Replace them and renew with Warren Central in 2026. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Don’t sleep on Franklin central they’ve been getting better every year and my golfing bud keeps saying how they would destroy any team in the region 

I am not sure they would destroy any team in the region, but FC is absolutely improving.  Jayson West is a heck of a coach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

With what is coming out of sectional 3 and having Westfield in their own sectional Carmel has a tall task.

Warren just needs to get lucky against Center Grove. If they can build on their playoff success they may shock some people next year. But, they have Center Grove in their regional...Not liking their chances. 

Based on Snider and Laf Harrison (fairly confident assumption based on enrollement) moving up to 6A and Valpo being a "?"...is it possible for some big realignment in Sectionals 3 & 4?

Warsaw, Jeffersonville, Tech, and FW Northrop are currently the bottom  of 6A...if the right two of those drop out, you have a possibility of 2 "North" schools dropping to the "South".  I assume that would need to be Zionsville & Carmel, or HSE & Fishers.

I have a strong feeling at least one school from sectional 3 or 4 will go south next time.  Zionsville seems to be the one more often lumped in BBurg/Avon in the past.

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I may be wrong...I was told multiple years, but my source could have been mistaken.  

That’s what I was told as well. However, have heard a few rumors that Carroll is backing out after 2024 and found another team.

2 hours ago, US31 said:

Based on Snider and Laf Harrison (fairly confident assumption based on enrollement) moving up to 6A and Valpo being a "?"...is it possible for some big realignment in Sectionals 3 & 4?

Warsaw, Jeffersonville, Tech, and FW Northrop are currently the bottom  of 6A...if the right two of those drop out, you have a possibility of 2 "North" schools dropping to the "South".  I assume that would need to be Zionsville & Carmel, or HSE & Fishers.

I have a strong feeling at least one school from sectional 3 or 4 will go south next time.  Zionsville seems to be the one more often lumped in BBurg/Avon in the past.

Any word on Whiteland enrollment? Have seen and heard many state that Whiteland is only a matter of time before reaching 6A status for enrollment. Not sure how close they are. 

2 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

That’s what I was told as well. However, have heard a few rumors that Carroll is backing out after 2024 and found another team.

Any word on Whiteland enrollment? Have seen and heard many state that Whiteland is only a matter of time before reaching 6A status for enrollment. Not sure how close they are. 

"Backing out," after already committing? I can't imagine that's the case. If it is, I'm sure there's a legitimate reason. 

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

You must have access to numbers I haven't seen. Everything I've been told by insiders at Warsaw is their enrollment is higher now than it was during the last enrollment count. I am expecting they will still be in 6A, but again in the bottom 3 or so.

Warsaw being a 6A team is a big deal in our area. It is a dying breed up here. My fingers are crossed that you guys stay up. 

3 hours ago, US31 said:

I hate that they continue to do things like this. Force two good teams from near Indy down into the south. The Ft. Wayne guys could speak to this better, but I doubt Northrop wants to play 6A tourney ball, give them their reprieve and let them go down to 5A. That means there is no need to force anyone south. 

Portage is not competitive in 6A anymore, send them down to 5A and move Valpo up. Laf Harrison is the wild card, if they move up. I would like to keep Warsaw in 6A, give 5A either Indy Tech or Jeffersonville. That will require one of the teams you listed to move south. Give them Carmel. 

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I hate that they continue to do things like this. Force two good teams from near Indy down into the south. The Ft. Wayne guys could speak to this better, but I doubt Northrop wants to play 6A tourney ball, give them their reprieve and let them go down to 5A. That means there is no need to force anyone south. 

Portage is not competitive in 6A anymore, send them down to 5A and move Valpo up. Laf Harrison is the wild card, if they move up. I would like to keep Warsaw in 6A, give 5A either Indy Tech or Jeffersonville. That will require one of the teams you listed to move south. Give them Carmel. 

Northrop would struggle to get out of 2A with Adams Central and Luers there. They have no business in 6A. But unless you form a committee, we have to go by the numbers. 

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Whiteland has 59 fewer students than Northrop per 2022-24 enrollment numbers listed on the IHSAA web page. 

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

To be “technical”…Zionsville is further south than Carmel.

Carmel sits on 131st (Main) st…Zionsville sits on what would be 121st if it went all the way thru.  Both are further south than Westfield or Noblesville which both sit north of 32.  

HSE & Fishers always go together based on IHSAA desire to bracket schools in same district together.  They are both off of 126th on opposite sides of 69.

Of course IHSAA May decide to change things up and do something else for completely illogical reasons.🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, US31 said:

Carmel sits on 131st (Main) st…Zionsville sits on what would be 121st if it went all the way thru.  Both are further south than Westfield or Noblesville which both sit north of 32.  

HSE & Fishers always go together based on IHSAA desire to bracket schools in same district together.  They are both off of 126th on opposite sides of 69.

Of course IHSAA May decide to change things up and do something else for completely illogical reasons.🤷🏼‍♂️

I guess I get it, but I also don’t get it when always choosing to not split up schools from the same school district. Why would that be so illogical to send schools from the same district to 2 different sectionals. If it ever came down to it, and things were really based on north and south, why would it be such a a big deal to split schools in the same district up? Never fully understood why that is a priority of the IHSAA to keep district schools together.

4 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

What do you mean by it doesn't apply to Warren Central??? WC is the third largest high school in Indiana

There's a few school right underneath Warren Central that are catching up in enrollment. No one is catching Carmel or Ben Davis anytime soon. 

10 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I guess I get it, but I also don’t get it when always choosing to not split up schools from the same school district. Why would that be so illogical to send schools from the same district to 2 different sectionals. If it ever came down to it, and things were really based on north and south, why would it be such a a big deal to split schools in the same district up? Never fully understood why that is a priority of the IHSAA to keep district schools together.

Not saying I agree or disagree with it, but IHSAA does not want one district to be able to win more than one title (and that is at the sectional level).  There is no way in Hades that IHSAA would put HSE and Fishers in separate halves of the state and potetentially have both make it to LOS.

14 hours ago, US31 said:

Zionsville works too. 

16 hours ago, BTF said:

Northrop would struggle to get out of 2A with Adams Central and Luers there. They have no business in 6A. But unless you form a committee, we have to go by the numbers. 

Well I think that this group of dudes could come up with a better system than what the IHSAA currently is working with.