Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral loses 3 year starting QB Danny O'Neil and some other outstanding starters.  Coming back is an outstanding RB, Jalen Bonds, and a lot of defensive players.  All three backup QB's were sophomores this year, and another possibility will be WR Devaughn Slaughter who played some QB his sophomore year.  We'll know more in August!

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

So anyone wanna take a stab at the sectional alignment for 2024?

Would be easier if we knew whether or not Valpo is bumping up or down. So there will be one or two teams coming down. Do we know who those teams will be? 

7 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

So, did Warren make regionals this past season because the schools in their sectional were bad, or did they put something together in the playoffs? 

Is this something Warren can build off of after a rough 3 win regular season?

Warren was significantly improved by the end of the season but they didn't have the breakaway players they have been notorious for.  That's going by the one time I saw them live so it could have been an outlier.

7 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

With Snider moving up to 6A, I would love to see Northrop take Snider’s spot in 5A and Snider take Northrop’s spot in 6A. If that is the case, it would be Snider, Homestead, HSE, and Fishers. Pretty good sectional in my opinion

If there are 2 or 3 moving up to 6A that fall in the North, then I believe as of the last numbers that the 2 or 3 that would move down would be from the North as well. This should not change too much as far as sectionals go. There might not be much change throughout.

16 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

So, did Warren make regionals this past season because the schools in their sectional were bad, or did they put something together in the playoffs

Is this something Warren can build off of after a rough 3 win regular season?

Yes Warren Central made it to Regionals because their Sectional was terrible. Their Sectional had Perry Meridian (2-8), Southport (2-9), and Arsenal Tech (0-10). They beat Perry Meridian 49-0 and Southport 47-0 (Southport beat Tech 41-12). It was a horrendous Sectional which is probably what Warren Central needed because it did give them a little bit of a boost. They ended up playing well against Center Grove in Regionals eventually losing 14-0.

Warren Central will return all of their top skill position players on Offense. QB Jackson (Jr) and Dennison (Fr), RB McMoore (Jr) and Clark (Jr), WR Corley (Jr) Hester (Jr) Williams (Jr) and Morris (Jr). Defensively they return their top 3 tacklers in Shanklin (Jr) and the Dungy's (both Jr's). Former Warren Central Safety rated top safety in the nation Jerimy Finch's son Jerimy Finch Jr (So) (or JJ Finch) also will return he is a Defensive Lineman though at 6' 4" 240 lbs.

We will have to wait and see how they improve.

8 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

With Snider moving up to 6A, I would love to see Northrop take Snider’s spot in 5A and Snider take Northrop’s spot in 6A. If that is the case, it would be Snider, Homestead, HSE, and Fishers. Pretty good sectional in my opinion

If you look at this program historically, I don't see Homestead being average for long. Unless something else is going on over there, I'm sure there's a run on talent coming. 

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

That sectional becomes one of the hardest in 6A....if not the hardest....just boils down to how good Carmel ends up being. 

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I raise you by saying neither makes semi-state

With what is coming out of sectional 3 and having Westfield in their own sectional Carmel has a tall task.

Warren just needs to get lucky against Center Grove. If they can build on their playoff success they may shock some people next year. But, they have Center Grove in their regional...Not liking their chances. 

6A will be very interesting.

Brownsburg loses QB Dunn, RB Sherrell, WR's Smith and Olinger. However Coach Hart has been able to replace players each year. The Bulldogs just have been very good but stumble in the Tournament.

Cathedral loses offensively 3 year starter at QB O'Neil and TE/WR's Long and Meeks. They do return RB Bonds and WR's Slaughter and Johnson. Defensively they lose Kirch, Weingart, and Smith who were very good players. They return Lockhart, Harden, and Hughes. Will be an interesting year for the Irish I think they return 3 or 4 of their O-lineman.

Center Grove loses offensively 2 year starter at QB Cherry, top 2 RB's in Yoder and Cook (I think they will be fine in the RB department), and top WR Coy. They do return Offensively WR Halubar (Jr) and Baxter (Jr) and at RB have Hennessy (JR) and McClurg (Fr). Defensively they lose O. Bright, McConnell, Johnson, Soderdahl, Beggs, and Boswell. They do return Cherry (So), Woolwine (Jr), and L. Bright (So). I am sure Coach Moore will have some players to plug in for the Trojans. Even if their passing game drops off the Wing T is well ingrained to their players from Bantham Football to Junior Trojans to High School.

Ben Davis they lose a lot of Seniors but the cupboard is NOT bare. Offensively the lose QB Gotkowski, RB Morrison, WR N. Williams, WR Skibinski, WR McClain, and WR Searcy. They do return  RB Price (Jr), WR Zackery (Jr), WR Horton (So), WR M. Williams (Jr), and WR Stapleton Jr (Jr) also while Gotkowski was injured QB Rogers (Jr) filled in very well! Defensively they lose several very good players Oyesigi, Brown, Evans, Harris, Hurns, Contreras, Falke, Dau, Rondo, Howard, and Hampton. They did rotate a lot of players defensively and will return White (Jr), Bertram (Jr), 2 way player Zackery (Jr), and Horner (Jr). I think their defense takes a bigger hit than their Offense.

Westfield many felt the Shamrocks going to Semi-State was a year ahead of schedule. Offensively they lose QB Gilbert and WR Nosler. They return though RB Garnett III (Jr), WR Aramboles (Jr), WR Braun, and WR Knott (Jr). Defensively they lose Lieske, Feltrinelli, Good, Goodvine III, Vondersaar, Graybill, and Stewart. However they return their top tackler Webster (Jr) as well as King (So), Law (Jr), Aramboles (So), Butler (Jr), and Poriah (Jr). Coach Gilbert has been pretty consistent with Westfield and they could have a solid year next year building on this past years success. 

HSE offensively loses their top RB Alexander and WR Hamilton. Their QB returns Weston (Jr) and second leading rusher Wallace (JR) but WR will be tough shoes to fill. Defensively they lose 8 of their top 10 tacklers in Osiecki, Parker, Seyferth, Ingalls, Carlson, Wright, Rhodes, and Myers. A lot to replace on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't know what to make of Carmel next year. I think Warren Central has a better chance of being a more improved team next year, but Carmel I just don't know. If I were to right now look and say who would be the top team I would say Ben Davis. Warren Central could be right up there. Outside of those within the Center Grove program we don't know a lot, but I do know Coach Moore does a great job with that program and will have them ready.  As for Cathedral Coach Peebles has done a terrific job so it will be interesting to see what thing bring. I thought it would be tough to replace Orin Edwards after the 2019 season and Nathan McCahill played outstanding at QB in 2020. Then I wasn't sure what they would have after McCahill and Danny O'neil has been spectacular for 3 years. I am interested to see how the Irish look at QB

13 hours ago, temptation said:

So anyone wanna take a stab at the sectional alignment for 2024?

This is going to be a shot.

Sectional 1: Jeff. CP. Valpo (if they have higher enrollment) and LC

Sectional 2: Nothing changes Penn, Elkhart, Carroll, Warsaw

Sectional 3: Snider, Fishers, HSE and Homestead 

Sectional 4: Carmel. Westfield. Noblesville and Zionsville

Sectional 5, 6, 7 & 8 nothing changes. I think the two schools that get moved up replace teams already in the North. Portage and Northrop. 

There is always this weird thing the IHSAA does and instead of trying to keep some sort of competitive balance, they water down 6A north and stack 6A south even further. i.e. the Penn Carmel state finals. 

If Valpo and Snider come up, they could push a combination of HSE, Fisher or Carmel into the South....We know how bull that is. If that is the case you could see Jeffersonville, Columbus North or Indy Tech.  move down. Idk enough about school locations in the Indy area to redraw the sectionals. 

9 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

This is going to be a shot.

Sectional 1: Jeff. CP. Valpo (if they have higher enrollment) and LC

Sectional 2: Nothing changes Penn, Elkhart, Carroll, Warsaw

Sectional 3: Snider, Fishers, HSE and Homestead 

Sectional 4: Carmel. Westfield. Noblesville and Zionsville

Sectional 5, 6, 7 & 8 nothing changes. I think the two schools that get moved up replace teams already in the North. Portage and Northrop. 

From the enrollment numbers I have seen Warsaw appears to be dropping to 5A next year.

7 minutes ago, WawaseeFan22 said:

From the enrollment numbers I have seen Warsaw appears to be dropping to 5A next year.

That is a shame, they have been a strong 6A team over the past few years. If that is the case, we could see a sectional shake up that could make things interesting. do they move Portage and Valpo (if they move up) into sectional 2 and have CP, LC and Jeff pick up Carmel. Move Carroll into 3 and push HSE or Fishers into 4. 

I don't think I have ever seen a Penn v Carmel regional game. 

Nineteen students separate the smallest three schools...............Northrop, Warsaw, and Jeffersonville. The gap between Jeffersonville and Arsenal Tech is 23 students. Then comes Lafayette Jeff, but they'd have to lose about 75 students. Using these classifications, Snider bumps up, Northrop bumps down. Harrison, Valpo, and Chesterton are the most likely to shift in population enough to bet a bump up. Of course the forementioned schools would have to lose population. For now I think we just roll with Snider and Northrop switching spots. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BTF said:

Nineteen students separate the smallest three schools...............Northrop, Warsaw, and Jeffersonville. The gap between Jeffersonville and Arsenal Tech is 23 students. Then comes Lafayette Jeff, but they'd have to lose about 75 students. Using these classifications, Snider bumps up, Northrop bumps down. Harrison, Valpo, and Chesterton are the most likely to shift in population enough to bet a bump up. Of course the forementioned schools would have to lose population. For now I think we just roll with Snider and Northrop switching spots. 

I would like to see a bit more of a shake up in 6A north, swapping north teams for other north teams, just to make the field a little more competitive. 

Snider helps, but add Valpo and Harrison could make things a little more interesting in the region. But, that wont happen. 

35 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I would like to see a bit more of a shake up in 6A north, swapping north teams for other north teams, just to make the field a little more competitive. 

Snider helps, but add Valpo and Harrison could make things a little more interesting in the region. But, that wont happen. 

Agree, but I'm not going to fault programs like Merrillville and Valpo for staying down in 5A. It will be their only chance at a state title. Class 6A isn't a level playing field. In fact, it's lopsided as hell. It's no coincidence that three 6A's four state champions are by far the largest enrollment schools in the state. To be fair, "by far" doesn't apply to Warren Central. But the gap between Carmel, Ben Davis and everyone else is an entire school's student body. If you're not in the top twenty in enrollment, you don't have a prayer at that level. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree, but I'm not going to fault programs like Merrillville and Valpo for staying down in 5A. It will be their only chance at a state title. Class 6A isn't a level playing field. In fact, it's lopsided as hell. It's no coincidence that three 6A's four state champions are by far the largest enrollment schools in the state. To be fair, "by far" doesn't apply to Warren Central. But the gap between Carmel, Ben Davis and everyone else is an entire school's student body. If you're not in the top twenty in enrollment, you don't have a prayer at that level. 

I hear you, But, even a large school enrollment doesn't even guarantee you being competitive....I mean winning state at this level. Penn and other large 6A north schools. 

3 hours ago, WawaseeFan22 said:

You must have access to numbers I haven't seen. Everything I've been told by insiders at Warsaw is their enrollment is higher now than it was during the last enrollment count. I am expecting they will still be in 6A, but again in the bottom 3 or so.

• Like 1