Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Moratorium Rant

On 7/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

All out of season activities are voluntary by rule. I did not say in practice, I said by rule. 

OK first of all VB is the scourge of women's sports. This crap is the reason my kid dropped VB. Her passion was Softball, she liked to play Basketball. Her HS BB coach worked with her. She was a good enough athlete she could help the BB team and missed most of the summer stuff. Even at schools the size of Seymour, sports HAVE to share athletes, some coaches get that and some never will. See my post above, "the placed on kids in the summer by coaches are stupid!"

At Lafayette central catholic they put in a school rule due to many kids playing multiple sports. the rule put in place for the coaches is this.

Monday- Fall sports 

Tuesday- Spring sports 

Wednesday- Winter Sports

Thursday- Athlete choice which practice to go to 

Now these are evening sessions. This doesn't include weights in the mornings for Football. Soccer doesn't lift and all the girl coaches get a personal trainer for all the girl sports team to run a conditioning program. they do this because so many do multiple sports and its easier to get girls to a combine workout instead of multiple conditioning sessions for multiple sports