Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

wrc 2019 week 1

33 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

what does defensive integrity mean? I honestly do not know....

I find a Brian Moore coached team that fails to control the line of scrimmage (unless they are outmatched) and lacks fundamentals like a unicorn: they might exist, but good luck catching one.

The man has cut his teeth in coaching on line control and fundamentals.... 

Defensive integrity meaning lining up correctly, players understanding their assignments, being fundamentally sound, not blitzing all the time to get your defenders out of position.  Basically, being sound on defense.  They gave up 62 points to NC last year, and I can't find the official statistics on how many rushing yards they gave up, but I know it was a TON.  Like an amount that is hard to do.  From watching his teams over the years, the defensive philosophy has become a head scratcher, and it seems as though it has gotten progressively worse.  

Can the man coach, obviously yes.  Only my personal opinion, but I do think people lavish too much praise for him.  His win/loss record is impressive, but he is smart enough to jump ship when he sees a talent drop off, and has never stayed around for lean years at the respective schools.  

Enough on this topic.....I know most will disagree.   I just don't see it anymore, especially when they play a team of equal talent or better. 

Not sure about the staff he has at PH?  1 person can't do it all. 

Edited by Reb08

7 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Defensive integrity meaning lining up correctly, players understanding their assignments, being fundamentally sound, not blitzing all the time to get your defenders out of position.  Basically, being sound on defense.  They gave up 62 points to NC last year, and I can't find the official statistics on how many rushing yards they gave up, but I know it was a TON.  Like an amount that is hard to do.  From watching his teams over the years, the defensive philosophy has become a head scratcher, and it seems as though it has gotten progressively worse.  

Can the man coach, obviously yes.  Only my personal opinion, but I do think people lavish too much praise for him.  His win/loss record is impressive, but he is smart enough to jump ship when he sees a talent drop off, and has never stayed around for lean years at the respective schools.  

Enough on this topic.....I know most will disagree.   I just don't see it anymore, especially when they play a team of equal talent or better.  

Not sure about the staff he has at PH?  1 person can't do it all. 

you are right, most will disagree with you (like all but maybe 5 people), but you are entitled to your opinion on a public forum, and I respect your opinion enough as a poster to drop the subject.....

Just hope everyone stays healthy and the WRC has a competitive and exciting season with few blowouts...

When you start a brand new program with two teams who had a combined record of 3-20, having a sound defense couldn’t be too easy to have in week three last year. North Central’s runningback is playing at ISU and they were a top 5 team in 1A. They got ran over. Get over it dude! 

How many schools has Crabtree been to? How about King? How about Barrett? 

If you’re a good enough coach to get any job you want, why wouldn’t you go to the program you could have the most success? 

Seems to be a more personal issue underlining your opinion..... you’ve mentioned his leaving multiple times on this forum... did he jump ship before you or your son could play for him? Or was it that when he went to FC with his son it made them too dominant for your liking those 2 years? 

love him or hate him, our kids are lucky to play for him. Sams as many other kids in the WRC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

When you start a brand new program with two teams who had a combined record of 3-20, having a sound defense couldn’t be too easy to have in week three last year. North Central’s runningback is playing at ISU and they were a top 5 team in 1A. They got ran over. Get over it dude! 

How many schools has Crabtree been to? How about King? How about Barrett? 

If you’re a good enough coach to get any job you want, why wouldn’t you go to the program you could have the most success? 

Seems to be a more personal issue underlining your opinion..... you’ve mentioned his leaving multiple times on this forum... did he jump ship before you or your son could play for him? Or was it that when he went to FC with his son it made them too dominant for your liking those 2 years? 

love him or hate him, our kids are lucky to play for him. Sams as many other kids in the WRC. 

No personal issue, just a personal opinion that he is overrated as a coach.  However, only my opinion.  And NC had a good team, but they certainly weren't great.  That was the most points they scored all year.  Regardless of the personnel you have, you can attempt to play defense in a way that makes some logical sense.  That didn't happen.  Watch the film.  I honestly find it to be strange.  

Agree with you about going to a program that gives you a chance to be successful.  Will concede that. 

I'm done on the topic.  Opinions are like......you know what.   However this is a forum to express your opinion.  

Best of luck to all 

On 8/21/2019 at 1:14 PM, Warriorfan said:

I would call Brian Moore a legendary coach but not Herb King.  Year in and out Seeger was extremely well coached and very dominant, I cant put Rockville under King in the same category. I would also disagree that they would call it a truly competitive conference.  I have spoke with both on several occasions on this very topic and both have said on different occasions that the conference was lacking in consistent competition.  Yes Seeger under Moore was solid and very successful and Rockville had some success as did Fountain Central for a period and Now North Vermillion is experiencing some success, but when you look at the conference across the board there are several teams that go many years without being successful.  That's where they lack competition  you will have in any year usually two team that are dominant a couple more that play well and the lower tier that struggles.  This is common in other conferences also but when this happens often it limits competition. 

Herbs and good coach and stuff but really hasn’t been the same since he split with Peaches. I swear to God he isn’t 

30 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Herbs and good coach and stuff but really hasn’t been the same since he split with Peaches. I swear to God he isn’t 

I thought it was State Law that Peaches & Herb couldn't split? I swear to God I did.

• Haha 1

recap of week 1: anybody have insight to any of these scores?

What happened in Rockville? PH 52, SHS 7

What happened in Mecca?   AHS 50, RP 6

What happened in Ladoga?  SM 26, FC 0

What happened in Covington? SV 20, CHS 14

What happened in Spencer? NV 43, OV 8

On a side note, the mercy rule will help prevent a lot of 70-0 games this season. I read some games across the state made it into the 60 point range, but most stayed in the 40's and 50's. That will be good for football...

Parke Heritage just had to many athletes for the patriots to handle. The patriots run defense seemed pretty tough all night. Just couldn’t handle all the athletes in the receiving game. #22 Anthony wood had a great game receiving for the wolves. I believe he is a sophomore and he has a lot of potential. Logan white looked fantastic at Qb for the wolves as well. 

Seeger's run defense was "OK" against a team that does not run the ball real well especially since they have an almost completely new O-line.  I did not see much improvement out of the Seeger team.  May be a little early to say that PH looked great or that Seeger is terrible but i'm sure it looked that way to some. PH looks pretty good but may be a little weak on the edges defensively.  Any team that can throw the ball well may present some problems for the Wolves.