Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, footballer_02 said:

From an individual standpoint, I'm curious who you thought had great week 1 performances and will impact the game week 2? I'm curious to see how Laville's Kolby Watts plays this week along with Andrew Dill.

Both need to be more involved in the offense period.  They are 2 of the most dynamic players in the conference.  Looks like the offense has changed from last year, it seems to be more power and a run game.  

Caston @ North Judson

Caston turned some heads Week 1 and probably should've taken a 2  TD win but blew it at the end. The Jays turned some heads as well with their preforamce vs the Cavs... I expect the Jays to pound the ball, but for the Comets to get a couple deep balls to Schanlaub... Jays 33 - 14

Culver @ SCUM

Culver had a disappointing Week 1 vs the Jays with a lot of silly turnovers... SCUM had a good comeback but fell a shanked kick short of a win. I expect Culver to bounce back and get a good win... Culver 36 - 21

Knox @ Rochester

Knox will be wanting revenge from a tough loss last year and after a good Week 1, the tribe will stay rollin' ... Skins 28-0

Pioneer @ Winamac

Pioneer didn't look like themselves week 1 and the Warriors looked bad, expect the Panthers to put it to em... Compton will air one out but it'll happen with a running clock... Panthers 60 - 7

Triton @ LaVille

Triton looks lost out on the field and with decent skill players that cant compare to LaVille's... The Lancers will take care of business at home... LaVille 34 - 14

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

The catch you are referring to was in 1st half.   And when I say shambles I just mean by the number of kids they have.   It's going to be a hard year with team that small and little depth.    Hopefully in coming years they get alot more kids to come out.    Just looks to be trending down more and more every year to me.  

The catch you are referring to was in 1st half.   And when I say shambles I just mean by the number of kids they have.   It's going to be a hard year with team that small and little depth.    Hopefully in coming years they get alot more kids to come out.    Just looks to be trending down more and more every year to me.  

They had 31 kids listed.. Counting injured kiefer and the Kicker. 

Colin Barkley, Jared Parish, Shayden May, Michael Loehmer, Austin Cole and James Gibson all have joined and will be added to the roster im sure this week.  That will give them 37. Not to bad considering they had 36 last season, graduated 7 seniors and had 4 kids switch schools..

The numbers issues was always creeping up. The class of 2020 only had 10 kids or so and the class of 2021 was always small. The class of 2022 has always been big.. The class of 2023 had some rough things happen in middle school which hurt their numbers this year. 

They have 17 kids in the 7th/8th grade team (about 3-4 i heard don't have enough practices yet. ) and just beat Knox middle school with 63 kids by six. 

Pioneer has around 18-20 kids in their middle school and barely had enough for 2 teams last year. Just a thing smaller schools go through. 

He is a HOF for reason!!!   

Miss our days of battles with Judson, it was great to be able to hook up with them this past summer scrimmage with them Highland and Bremen

Just a fact, your week 1 is always dicey, typically speaking

Even in our 2014 year, we gave up 35 points to KV,  of course we scored 65, but 35 points for that state team to give up that year was odd to say the least.   Settle in and got the legs under them which many teams will do this week as well.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Miss our days of battles with Judson, it was great to be able to hook up with them this past summer scrimmage with them Highland and Bremen

Even in our 2014 year, we gave up 35 points to KV,  of course we scored 65, but 35 points for that state team to give up that year was odd to say the least.   Settle in and got the legs under them which many teams will do this week as well.  

Im hoping Winamac shows more improvement. A win is less likely but I hope they can atleast compete some. 

Starting out with Knox, Pioneer and North White and LaVille in 3 of your first four games. Yikes. 

Well, here's my two cents:

Caston at North Judson - Just don't see Caston scoring much in this one. NJSP, 38-10.

Culver at South Central - SC won a close one last year. Feel like this will be a close one this year.  Going with the Cavs, 31-28

Knox at Rochester - Like Knox here, 21-17

Pioneer at Winamac - Pioneer bounces back, 40-0

Triton at LaVille - LaVille has to stay sharp against Triton.  Trojans have play-makers that can come up big at any point.  Lancer defense held Bremen to under 20 yards according to game announcer on the internet.  Going with the hosts, 35-10

Here's to a healthy Week #2 of high school football!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

16 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hey. I remember that game. 😀

1 hour ago, Rambo69 said:

How did every team come out of week 1 I know Caston had a guard tear his ACL and I heard the same thing about Pioneer but I heard they also had a guard get a concussion any other major injuries?

Judson had a few guys get banged up, but no injuries..

On 8/29/2019 at 11:17 PM, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen had 140 yards total. 20 yards or so in the second half. 5 turnovers were forced by LaVille.

Yes, my bad. The under 20 yards I was referring to was meant to be in the second half.

Didn't write what I was thinking .....

as always, the game is better

from _the_sidelines007

Friday, Aug. 30
Culver 52, South Central 22
Knox 34, Rochester 27
LaVille 59, Triton 14 ©
North Judson 46, Caston 0 ©
Pioneer 50, Winamac 0 ©

Most of these winning margins were even larger than I anticipated!  I thought Caston would score a couple.  I didn't see Culver putting up 52!  Not completely surprised by the LaVille trouncing of Triton, although I was hoping for a better fight by the Trojans.  Triton has some decent skill on the offensive side of the ball.  Just have to get a rhythm going.  Pitney has a good arm and is pretty accurate.  I'd like to see him throwing 25-30 times a game. 

Knox and Pioneer took care of business.  Good for them.

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:
Friday, Aug. 30
Culver 52, South Central 22
Knox 34, Rochester 27
LaVille 59, Triton 14 ©
North Judson 46, Caston 0 ©
Pioneer 50, Winamac 0 ©

Most of these winning margins were even larger than I anticipated!  I thought Caston would score a couple.  I didn't see Culver putting up 52!  Not completely surprised by the LaVille trouncing of Triton, although I was hoping for a better fight by the Trojans.  Triton has some decent skill on the offensive side of the ball.  Just have to get a rhythm going.  Pitney has a good arm and is pretty accurate.  I'd like to see him throwing 25-30 times a game. 

Knox and Pioneer took care of business.  Good for them.

Heard Jackson from Roch returned and had two kick off returns for TDS. 

Since 2016, Winamac actually competed a bit against Pioneer. I think the Warriors were atleast in the Red Zone 3 times. 4th and 1 on the 10.. Had their kicker been healthy. I would have liked to seen them kick it there and be down 3-6... Then i believe Winamac's next series.. They were on like the 4. They dropped a td pass then the fullback fumbled it as he was getting into the end zone. 10-14 game with about 6 mins to go in first half feels different then 0-14. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior