Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 6A Who can win it all?

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Lemme say this.  Catching CG early could be good for Carroll…

A quick glance shows that CG is replacing its quarterback, top WR, top two RBs and top two tacklers.

Would you take Carroll +10.5?

I would take Carroll +10.5 in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, I believe Carroll will win that game straight up. Just like I stood out on a limb last year calling for Snider to win at Warren Central, I will stand out on a limb calling for a Carroll win over Center Grove

22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'll take cg at carrol + 10.5

No

Make your picks rn and double down until you convince even yourself that you're right

Is being the new Penn something you would want to advertise in 2024

You mean -10.5 I assume?

I think he means “new Penn” as in 1990s Penn.

1 minute ago, Komets2727 said:

I would take Carroll +10.5 in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, I believe Carroll will win that game straight up. Just like I stood out on a limb last year calling for Snider to win at Warren Central, I will stand out on a limb calling for a Carroll win over Center Grove

Credit where it’s due and you sure are getting the maximum amount of mileage out of that Snider/Warren pick too, lol.

I like boldness.

23 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Is being the new Penn something you would want to advertise in 2024

Stick to stuff south of I-70. 😂🤣

For several decades, Penn dominated the North, and managed to win 5 IHSAA championships along the way. So, yeah. If a school were to become “the new Penn,” that would be a great accomplishment.

46 minutes ago, temptation said:

You mean -10.5 I assume?

I think he means “new Penn” as in 1990s Penn.

Credit where it’s due and you sure are getting the maximum amount of mileage out of that Snider/Warren pick too, lol.

I like boldness.

Well, it was a very lonely limb so I will ride the coattails of that as long as I can, lol. CG is the benchmark as far as I am concerned in 6A. I think they have lost some very key players in key positions so Carroll playing them early in the year is advantageous for Carroll as well as Carroll getting to play them at home in a hostile environment. Also,  Carroll’s QB is a D1 guy and 3 year starter. Not naming a score yet, but I would not be shocked if Carroll won by double digits. How is that for being bold?

19 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Well, it was a very lonely limb so I will ride the coattails of that as long as I can, lol. CG is the benchmark as far as I am concerned in 6A. I think they have lost some very key players in key positions so Carroll playing them early in the year is advantageous for Carroll as well as Carroll getting to play them at home in a hostile environment. Also,  Carroll’s QB is a D1 guy and 3 year starter. Not naming a score yet, but I would not be shocked if Carroll won by double digits. How is that for being bold?

Game is at CG I believe.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Stick to stuff south of I-70. 😂🤣

For several decades, Penn dominated the North, and managed to win 5 IHSAA championships along the way. So, yeah. If a school were to become “the new Penn,” that would be a great accomplishment.

yeah how far are we going to look back, as i said 'in 2024' where Penn is now the king of beating up a bunch of smaller schools and then getting ran over whenever any real competition shows up.

but im game, if we want to look back in the past we could drop into the late 60s or early 70s when penn was dominating with 1-9, 0-9, and 0-10 records.

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Temp is right, game is at Center Grove. 

39 minutes ago, Rodney said:

yeah how far are we going to look back, as i said 'in 2024' where Penn is now the king of beating up a bunch of smaller schools and then getting ran over whenever any real competition shows up.

but im game, if we want to look back in the past we could drop into the late 60s or early 70s when penn was dominating with 1-9, 0-9, and 0-10 records.

The Kingsmen had their struggles with Fort Wayne schools all through the 80's and the first half of the 90's. It was '95-97' where they really made their mark on the championship landscape. I would agree that they dominated their general area for decades. I'm not sure how they did against region teams, but Snider, North Side, and Dwenger accumulated a good amount of victories over the Kingsmen. Much respect to their program. 

10 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Well, that limb got a bit shorter… lol. Still, I will stay out on the limb

Even up? Probably not double digits now I'm guessing. 

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

The Kingsmen had their struggles with Fort Wayne schools all through the 80's and the first half of the 90's. It was '95-97' where they really made their mark on the championship landscape. I would agree that they dominated their general area for decades. I'm not sure how they did against region teams, but Snider, North Side, and Dwenger accumulated a good amount of victories over the Kingsmen. Much respect to their program. 

I still like Carroll to beat CG so getting 10.5 is even better

13 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I still like Carroll to beat CG so getting 10.5 is even better

I thought I was bold. Normally when I'm bold though, it's more for the fun of it. Center Grove hasn't skipped a beat for five seasons, and I really don't think they will at home in their opening game. We're talking about a program that was an overtime away from their fifth straight title. My brain says Center Grove by 14, but I'm taking the bet Temp. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Well, not unless you done want to piss off Rodney. If memory serves me correctly, you had them at #25 year end. 

Not even close, especially in a preseason poll.  I give many 5A/6A schools the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reloading.  1A/2A schools don’t get that same benefit from me…only 1 3A school does (Chatard), and I am torn on a couple of 4A schools (New Pal, East Central).

Tell me about Dwenger’s prospects this upcoming year.

Edited by temptation

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not even close, especially in a preseason poll.  I give many 5A/6A schools the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reloading.  1A/2A schools don’t get that same benefit from me…only 1 3A school does (Chatard), and I am torn on a couple of 4A schools (New Pal, East Central).

I really don't have any information on returning players. All I have are a few intangibles. 

Head coach is going into his seventh year. He took over a well oiled machine and prospered in his first three years. Those teams were really good. The last three seasons have seen a stretch that Dwenger hasn't seen in about 20 years. You can chaulk that up one of two ways. A downtrend in talent or a coach that was given a gold mine but failed to keep the train going. Not knowing much about the man now in charge, I'll roll with a little bit of each. Dwenger has always had good feeder programs and an alumni that loves football. So this may have just been a downtrend in talent. We've seen it with Homestead the last few seasons and we've seen it with Snider during the covid years. So no school is really exempt from that sort of thing. I've got Dwenger finishing fourth in the SAC this season, which is a compliment considering the last three seasons. Last years games against Brownsburg and Moeller were unsettling to say the least. A Svarczkopf team would have never let that happen. 

Conclusion: I have no idea what this years team brings back as I've yet to do the research on a program I have tons of respect for. A Top 25 finish isn't in the cards though. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I really don't have any information on returning players. All I have are a few intangibles. 

Head coach is going into his seventh year. He took over a well oiled machine and prospered in his first three years. Those teams were really good. The last three seasons have seen a stretch that Dwenger hasn't seen in about 20 years. You can chaulk that up one of two ways. A downtrend in talent or a coach that was given a gold mine but failed to keep the train going. Not knowing much about the man now in charge, I'll roll with a little bit of each. Dwenger has always had good feeder programs and an alumni that loves football. So this may have just been a downtrend in talent. We've seen it with Homestead the last few seasons and we've seen it with Snider during the covid years. So no school is really exempt from that sort of thing. I've got Dwenger finishing fourth in the SAC this season, which is a compliment considering the last three seasons. Last years games against Brownsburg and Moeller were unsettling to say the least. A Svarczkopf team would have never let that happen. 

Conclusion: I have no idea what this years team brings back as I've yet to do the research on a program I have tons of respect for. A Top 25 finish isn't in the cards though. 

Got it.  Dwenger used to fall into my 4A “reload” category.  I’ll wait and see this year.

8 hours ago, temptation said:

I am really down on Dwenger guys. I think the alumni are really down on Garrett as a head coach and if he doesn’t have success this year, don’t be surprised if there is a change next year. It is possible that Dwenger finishes 4th in the SAC this year, but that is more of a statement that it is the Big 2 and the Little 8. Reminds me of the Big 10 many years ago. Just think the conference is down this year.

I think Dwenger will be thrashed their first 2 weeks this year with Brownsburg and Moeller and the heat will be turned up quickly on Garrett

On 6/28/2024 at 8:33 PM, BTF said:

When did Penn play Dwenger or North Side? Don't recall them having any W's vs Penn, let alone a good amount of wins.