Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 6A Who can win it all?

22 hours ago, temptation said:

Not even close, especially in a preseason poll.  I give many 5A/6A schools the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reloading.  1A/2A schools don’t get that same benefit from me…only 1 3A school does (Chatard), and I am torn on a couple of 4A schools (New Pal, East Central).

Tell me about Dwenger’s prospects this upcoming year.

Wanna add Reitz, New Pal and Mooresville to my 4A benefit list and Gibson Southern, West Lafayette, Roncalli, Brebeuf and Heritage Hills to my 3A list.  Guerin Catholic building momentum in 3A but I’m not there yet.

Not sure any of them will crack my top 25 but easily earn a spot somewhere just outside.

Just my opinion.

On 6/27/2024 at 10:48 AM, temptation said:

Nah, you give up too easy.

Let’s try this one…

Hey @Bash Riprock…since you like to downplay enrollment and often cite culture, coachng, youth leagues, etc…

Talk to me a little about Russ Mann walking into Ben Davis in his first year and winning a state title…

Think that says a lot more about Jason Simmons than Russ Man.

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Probably right but explain how Simmons landed a collegiate gig with likely double the salary despite a winning percentage barely above .500…

Position coach vs head coach an entire different animal. 

Would also guess he was hired for his connections to Central Indiana football in regards to recruiting.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, psaboy said:

When did Penn play Dwenger or North Side? Don't recall them having any W's vs Penn, let alone a good amount of wins. 

Late 70's, into the 80's. Dwenger beat Penn in 1978, I want to say 22-18. 

Edited by BTF

On 6/18/2024 at 10:17 AM, Muda69 said:

So Cathedral has at most a 15% chance at a 6A title?  Really?

Cathedral and Brownsburg will consume most of that percentage. Followed by HSE and Fishers who is followed by Carroll Snider and CP. The rest are unless the season proves us all wrong, mathematically just playing for participation trophies..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Cathedral and Brownsburg will consume most of that percentage. Followed by HSE and Fishers who is followed by Carroll Snider and CP. The rest are unless the season proves us all wrong, mathematically just playing for participation trophies..

Not too far from where I am at though I’m not throwing dirt on Westfield just yet.

I think the HCC is up for grabs.

(Snider is 5A by the way.)

Edited by temptation

On 6/17/2024 at 8:09 PM, BTF said:

Well, if you can't win a state title with enrollments like 5200, 4567, & 3748, then you have a serious problem. 

Completely agree with you. Carmel, the largest school in the state for years,  has a total of 9 titles in football with 4 coming since 2000.

In my opinion, this is significant underperformance and should be a major frustration for Carmel fans.

14 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Completely agree with you. Carmel, the largest school in the state for years,  has a total of 9 titles in football with 4 coming since 2000.

In my opinion, this is significant underperformance and should be a major frustration for Carmel fans.

Same could be said from Penn's perspective, last title was the 2000 season against CG, 24 years and the closest we have been was a lopsided 12 point loss to CG almost ten years ago. Haven't even competed for a semi-state title sine 2017....

21 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

This will likely trigger the usual suspects but gimme a school of roughly 3000 with a f/r/l population around 30 percent (Brownsburg) over a school of roughly 5500 with a f/r/l population of less than 15 percent.

Brownsburg’s late season choke jobs are mind boggling though the argument could also be made that Carmel is on the verge of being the 4th best team in its own county.

On 6/19/2024 at 2:45 PM, KmartGiant said:

Fort Wayne is zero comparison to Indy FB. All little bitty schools. Not a fair comparison. You beat Warren on a down year and now your schools are national powerhouses. Lol poor comparison.

Too be fair Snider would have given Ben Davis a better game than Crown Point did last year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Side note, anyone seen @KmartGiant?

Dude got this thread started with his hyperbole, called everyone names, was called out and then disappeared.

I have been away from the site for a couple months, so when I saw this 13 page thread going, I had to catch up. 

Just feels like he thought he had the high ground in the argument and would not "give it up." I think over the years we have all just commonly agreed that state runs through the big schools in Indy. How or why, does it even matter anymore? Enrollment, feeder program blah blah blah. 

On 6/19/2024 at 5:21 PM, KmartGiant said:

Nobody likes a DB Rodney. Be an adult and post as one. Don't be a worthless POS as you are. Grow up.

Did this get him banned from the thread? This is unnecessary. I got banned from a thread because I got heated about politics...calling someone a pos because he pointed out that he was either deliberately not reading the responses or just wanted to be a contrarian....either way, not cool and not welcomed. 

31 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I think over the years we have all just commonly agreed that state runs through the big schools in Indy. How or why, does it even matter anymore? Enrollment, feeder program blah blah blah. 

Right. The more I think about it, the more it seems like northern state championships in 5A/6A have been a function of being able to avoid BD and WC. CG is interesting because they consistently manage to beat those two in games that matter. Carmel is 0-5 against those two in the finals––with some close calls for sure––and Penn is 1-4. Both Carmel and Penn have been much more competitive with CG, although it's doubtful Penn would be today. 

On 6/28/2024 at 12:49 PM, Boilernation said:

I think Merrillville was the only chance and they just don't have the enrollment. Like you said, they were stacked with talent in 2020 and 2021 and still couldn't get past Westfield (and Chatard). Could possibly have had 2 NFL players. Grant is seemingly a lock to go 1st round. MAYBE Jo Jo Johnson can work his way into the NFL if he can get healthy in college. I'm not even sure if he will crack IU's 2 deeps this year. But, he was an electric WR / DB in HS. 

I'm skepitcal of Crown Point as well. They will always have talent and elite coaching. Counting the '25 class, last years Crown Point team had at least 5 MAC recruits. But, one thing Cody was always right about is that Crown Point hasn't had any elite speed athletes like a Jo Jo Johnson or Justin Marshall (Merrillville --> Colorado State)  and it showed against Ben Davis. The Giant WR's and RB's looked like men against boys when playing Crown Point. 

Crown Point's defensive backs made Penn look like an air threat. 

Penn threw for 300+ yards against them. But, yes BD was beyond CP. 

On 6/28/2024 at 3:41 PM, temptation said:

Right but you also said “poised to be the new Penn” but that isn’t going to happen overnight.  

Will he see it through?

From my seat it feels like he came to develop a culture and a successor at the same time. I think he sticks it out 3-5 more seasons, especially if he is developing his replacement. But, if he is already having health scares, the mrs. may have something to say about it.