Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WWFan

Trinity Lutheran

Recommended Posts

Noticed on Harrells site they have been removed from scheduling page. They calling it quits officially or just taking another year? Anyone know? DT needs to know his contraction talk is working!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told by a trusted source close to the program, that they have called it quits for the immediate future. He said he saw no way they could move forward in the foreseeable future. 

That being said, they have an all new administration in place, principal and AD are both in their first year, so who knows. The principal has a sports background, including college Football, the AD is a retired insurance salesman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta be tough for those kids who want to play football to have gone through the up and down yes or no stuff.  Wasn't that long ago they were kinda making some noise with the passing game and a good QB... I would also think they would have some trouble getting long term commitments from opponents......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Gotta be tough for those kids who want to play football to have gone through the up and down yes or no stuff.  Wasn't that long ago they were kinda making some noise with the passing game and a good QB... I would also think they would have some trouble getting long term commitments from opponents......

 

It's a horrible situation for the kids who want to play Football. 

Long story short, they were sold a bill of goods by a snake oil salesman and started the program before they were ready. He highlights his kid, they shops him around Indy and move on to greener pastures, presumably. Life lesson, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  Football ends round one.

They team up with another club team and compete for a year, a non-IHSAA schedule, then move everything on campus and call it Trinity Lutheran. Schedule a mix of IHSAA member schools and non-members, with multiple players who aren't enrolled at Trinity. An unnamed by me AD from another IHSAA member school catches wind that he has an athlete attending practices and contacts the IHSAA. Football ends round two. I believe they had 7-9 players who were not enrolled at Trinity Lutheran. 

As stated this is an awful situation for the kids who just want to play Football. The adults have failed them miserably. I know there were some kids who transfered after the program was shut down the first time, I have no idea if any are transfering this time. I have heard that some may possibly play on a club team. In the meantime between the two shutdowns, Trinity has moved from co-ed soccer to separate boys and girls teams, I would guess this only exacerbates their situation with numbers.

I'm a Football guy, I wan to see the game of Football grow and prosper, and the situation at Trinity doesn't do the game any justice. I would guess the folks who write the checks at Trinity are going to have a tough time ponying up for a part three after two failures. Just please get your ducks in a row before there's another redo with Football. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your info. We had them scheduled at one point but never got to play them. Hopefully they get another shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Thank you for your info. We had them scheduled at one point but never got to play them. Hopefully they get another shot

No need for another shot

Permanent contraction is the only choice.  Others need to follow to improve overall competitive balance

280 is the targeted goal.

 

 

 

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DT said:

No need for another shot

Permanent contraction is the only choice.  Others need to follow to improve overall competitive balance

280 is the targeted goal.

 

 

 

So Indy Lutheran is out?  And Attica?  And 2013 state champ Tri-Central?  And 2018 runner-up North Vermillion? 

Phew ... good thing that 2018 state champ and three-time state champ, Pioneer, and seven-time state champ, LCC, have those extra 8 and 7 kids, respectively, hanging around the halls to keep them from having to throw in the towel.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxbat said:

So Indy Lutheran is out?  And Attica?  And 2013 state champ Tri-Central?  And 2018 runner-up North Vermillion? 

Phew ... good thing that 2018 state champ and three-time state champ, Pioneer, and seven-time state champ, LCC, have those extra 8 and 7 kids, respectively, hanging around the halls to keep them from having to throw in the towel.

Contraction candidates are not hard to identify.  Just take a look at the bottom of the sagarin rankings by class.  

Heck, we might get to 180 using that criteria

Lol

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, foxbat said:

So Indy Lutheran is out?  And Attica?  And 2013 state champ Tri-Central?  And 2018 runner-up North Vermillion? 

Phew ... good thing that 2018 state champ and three-time state champ, Pioneer, and seven-time state champ, LCC, have those extra 8 and 7 kids, respectively, hanging around the halls to keep them from having to throw in the towel.

No. No. No. And no.

Did you think DT was referring to enrollment numbers as the cutoff line for contraction? I'm assuming, but you know what that sometimes means 😜

5 hours ago, DT said:

Contraction candidates are not hard to identify.  Just take a look at the bottom of the sagarin rankings by class.  

Heck, we might get to 180 using that criteria

Lol

 

 

Exactly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Gotta be tough for those kids who want to play football to have gone through the up and down yes or no stuff.  Wasn't that long ago they were kinda making some noise with the passing game and a good QB... I would also think they would have some trouble getting long term commitments from opponents......

 

Why are some on this forum so keen on giving "every kid who wants to play football" a chance to play, and the more schools that offer kids the opportunity to play, the better?

Look, I get it. I get how Friday Night Lights can bring a community together especially in rural Indiana. It's a big event, a community gathering in all those places where there's nothing to do and nowhere to go. We've seen it happen at Eastern.

But facts is facts. A lot of schools simply don't have the money, the resources and the numbers to field even a semi-competitive football program.

With the IHSAA's "open enrollment" policy, any kid who wants to play football can simply transfer to a school that has a decent, established program in place.

DT is right. A lot of programs need to fold their tents. As he said, just look at the bottom of the Sagarin ratings by class. Loaded with perennial bottom-feeders, moribund programs with little hope of resurrecting to even the level of mediocrity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We reach the magic 280 number as follows :

6A - 32

5A - 54

4A - 54

3A - 54

2A - 54

1A - 32

 

Expected realized contraction benefits :

* Improved overall competitive balance

* Elimination of non competitive programs

* Elimination of in season game cancellations

* Reduction in injuries due to competitive / size mismatches

* More balanced distribution of schools by class

* Significant cost savings for schools contracting non competitive programs

* Potential conference realignment to replace contracted programs, resulting in overall improved conference strength from top to bottom

* Reduced travel expense as many contracted programs are geographic outliers

* More competitive post season tournament

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DT said:

We reach the magic 280 number as follows :

6A - 32

5A - 54

4A - 54

3A - 54

2A - 54

1A - 32

 

Expected realized contraction benefits :

* Improved overall competitive balance

* Elimination of non competitive programs

* Elimination of in season game cancellations

* Reduction in injuries due to competitive / size mismatches

* More balanced distribution of schools by class

* Significant cost savings for schools contracting non competitive programs

* Potential conference realignment to replace contracted programs, resulting in overall improved conference strength from top to bottom

* Reduced travel expense as many contracted programs are geographic outliers

* More competitive post season tournament

 

 

 

 

 

* More athletes available for soccer and cross country.

 

  • Disdain 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ts32 said:

Why are some on this forum so keen on giving "every kid who wants to play football" a chance to play, and the more schools that offer kids the opportunity to play, the better?

Look, I get it. I get how Friday Night Lights can bring a community together especially in rural Indiana. It's a big event, a community gathering in all those places where there's nothing to do and nowhere to go. We've seen it happen at Eastern.

But facts is facts. A lot of schools simply don't have the money, the resources and the numbers to field even a semi-competitive football program.

With the IHSAA's "open enrollment" policy, any kid who wants to play football can simply transfer to a school that has a decent, established program in place.

DT is right. A lot of programs need to fold their tents. As he said, just look at the bottom of the Sagarin ratings by class. Loaded with perennial bottom-feeders, moribund programs with little hope of resurrecting to even the level of mediocrity.

I was in the ditch at: But facts is facts

You totally lost me at: DT is right

Why must every thread on this board turn into a contraction debate?

If the local school board and community support having Football, why not? Are there schools out there that should probably call it a day, absolutely. Is it my place as a taxpayer and community member of Seymour tell Linton what they should be doing with their Football program?

Bigger point, you mention yourself open enrollment, this is bigger than sports, school systems today need to have butts in desks to make it financially. How does cutting out sports programs further that cause? Furthermore, in rural communities if they opt to drop Football, because kids can just transfer to another competitive school, how long before rural schools lose enough where it puts their school in jeopardy? What about the local competitive school, how long before they're forced to expand, thus putting more pressure on the local tax base, no bother for the transfers, they have no skin in the game. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Is it my place as a taxpayer and community member of Seymour tell Linton what they should be doing with their Football program?

Who here is telling you to do this IO?  Just the putting out the idea that contraction is a viable option for some communities is not the same as "telling <insert school here> what they should be doing with their Football program."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...