Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2019 Season

My predictions for the NLC this week:

CMA 35 Memorial 42....CMA looks to be improved, but so is Memorial.  Memorial wins this one and avenges their loss from last year.  Memorial may be the best 1-4 team in the state.  

Jimtown 7 Concord 14...this could be a low scoring affair...it's a rivalry game, so win-loss records can go out the window....Concord is the better team, but the Jimmies ALWAYS make this one close, or upset Concord...overall the Jimmies are the underdog this year.

Northwood 7 Northridge 8...Double OT:  Northwood's only quality win is vs. Jimtown, who I think is a little down.  My gut tells me the Panthers will have a hard time moving the ball. 

Plymouth 63  Wawasee 0...Sorry Warriors.

Warsaw 49 Goshen 7....this one might be a bit of a mis-match as well.  

My Predictions

CMA 17 Memorial 24   After watching Memorial personally, I noticed they have a ton of untapped potential and a healthy amount of speed. Might be difficult for the Eagles to stop.

Jimtown 7 Concord 14   Agreeing with Fairfield02 on this one. 

Northwood 14 Northridge 10   This game could be a tossup, but I’m giving Northwood the edge simply because they are due for a decent victory. Going to be a fun one to watch.

Plymouth Wawasee   Use your imagination 

Warsaw Goshen   See above

Slick John here to set some lines for the forecasted rainy weather, which usually becomes an equalizer between teams.  Interesting set-up to the regular conference slate as Concord and Memorial have out of conference match ups to end the month of September.  With that being said, it also allows for Plymouth to catch and tie Concord for the lead in the conference and a monster match up next week down at the Rock Pile.   

CMA (-4) @ Elkhart Memorial:  A wet field may neutralize some of the advantages one would think Memorial would have.  Their record, though, makes them underdogs.  CMA's resume' is all over the place as far as quality of opponents and results.  This is the type of game you bet on at the end of the night after you've had too many pops, and are bored. 

Jimtown @ Concord (-14): Another wet field that could help the visitors.  Concord's passing game will be tested if there are weather elements to deal with.  Jimtown's unique offense could give Concord some problems also in this rivalry game.  There is also this: I can appreciate the emotion from teachers in buildings!!!  Good thing for the Jimmies, none of the people in the picture are part of the team (I don't think).  

0?ui=2&ik=f74a7e7592&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1645785736623378707&th=16d701685fd75113&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9PxjT6XEd3cJKzGoBkGvQuOTbBvVXtaQht1QPajWG__laoqQwLzAzVJ0K4IpVvB2Gn2Fg8JYcb3qRysIx3AkGidoze4UmS9pI1MkJgDTb8Y3JY1D5eRyRVsig&disp=emb

NorthWood (-2) @ Northridge: Another potential muddy track for two teams that throw the ball about as well as Nate Andrews stays calm.  Interestingly enough, the loser of this game will likely finish in the bottom half of the conference (or at least a tie for 4th and 5th).  

Plymouth (-28) @ Wawasee: Using my imagination, I will predict some surprise onside kicks....and several Plymouth Touchdowns. 

Warsaw (-28) @ Goshen: Warsaw maybe a little sloppy due to weather and a long bus ride, I just don't think Goshen can score.   

Bonus Odds! 

Odds to win at least share of NLC Varsity Football Championship

Plymouth (3-0) (8:5)- The pride of Marshall County heads north for a sneaky tough matchup.   

Concord (4-0) (2:1)- current league leader (by 1/2 game).  Jimtown will give them a better game than expected, but it will not have any bearing on the conference title. 

Warsaw (2-1)(5:1)- Solid win vs. Northridge last week lets them cheer for Concord next week in hopes of controlling their own destiny in week 9. 

NorthWood (2-1)(5:1)- Unlike Warsaw, they need Plymouth to win next week for a shot at their destiny in their week 8 matchup vs. Warsaw and week 9 vs. Plymouth. 

Northridge (1-2)(15:1)- Had another chance last week, and were unable to get the job done.   

Memorial (1-3)(100:1)- Another pretty solid showing last week from what I am told.  

Wawasee/Goshen (0-3) (600:1)- COMBO PICK!!!! Both still mathematically alive (for one more week)

37 minutes ago, Wedgebuster said:

Will Plymouth have anything for NP if those two meet up in the Sectional?   What do you NLC fans that have seen the Rockies this year think? 

Battle of opposites schematically. Plymouth is throwing it all over the yard to some stellar athletes. NP historically doesn't defend passing attacks well at all. NP obviously is down the hill, here we come football with hefties up front and a stud catching snaps. Comes down to can Plymouth stop the run, and can NP defend the pass. 

I expect Special Teams and whoever ends up on the right side of some trick plays to decide this one. Personally, I think whoever wins that one is playing for a Semi-State game. 

1 hour ago, Wedgebuster said:

Will Plymouth have anything for NP if those two meet up in the Sectional?   What do you NLC fans that have seen the Rockies this year think? 

I apologize if I am misspeaking, but I'm assuming New Prairie is still more of a ground and pound type offense under Coach Radtke correct? If so, much like Warsaw, that style of offense is always easier when playing from ahead. Plymouth was able to take advantage of some Tiger mistakes early in the game and Warsaw was playing catch-up the entire game. Baron can throw the ball all over the field and the Rockie defense is solid enough. Would I bet on Plymouth winning that potential match-up? No. Could they pull it off? Yes.

• Like 1

This week's non expert predictions:

Concord 21 Plymouth 22 Double OT...my gut actually tells me that the Minutemen are going to win, but my head says,"Don't pick against Plymouth again!"

Northridge 42  Goshen 0....Goshen has been down three years in a row now....i don't see them winning another NLC game in 2019...maybe 1 more.

Northwood 35  Elkhart Memorial 42...disagree if you want, but Memorial has played a BRUTAL schedule so far...and both of these teams have beat Goshen by a ton and lost to Concord by a little....much more even match up than the records show...Northwood hasn't beat ANYONE with a winning record yet. (Northwood's opponents that they have beaten have a combined 7-17 record...Northridge being the best at 3-3)  All of the teams Memorial has lost to have a combined 24-6 record. (With a 6-0 Concord being the best, and Warsaw, Plymouth, and Elkhart Central all sitting at 5-1) 

Wawasee 0  Warsaw 56...even though it's a rivalry, it'll be over at halftime.  

8 hours ago, Fairfield02 said:

This week's non expert predictions:

Concord 21 Plymouth 22 Double OT...my gut actually tells me that the Minutemen are going to win, but my head says,"Don't pick against Plymouth again!"

Funny enough, it's my "heart" that is pulling for Concord (so that Warsaw still has a shot at the title), but my GUT is telling me not a chance Plymouth loses this game at home. Should be a great battle! Can't wait to watch it on Channel 46

Slick John reporting for duty on the first weekend in October, and an exciting first week it is.  Mobile sports betting opened yesterday in the state of Indiana, so I once again might as well contribute, as best I can, to the degeneration of our society and bank accounts.  

Concord @ Plymouth (-4)- In a battle of the shortest coaches in the confernce, this could be a high scoring game, if both offenses get going.  However, I think that Plymouth will have to drive the ball longer and not rely so much on big plays.  That being said, John Barron is a River Boat Gambler, and will fake punts, run trick plays and go for it on fourth down from his own 27.  I think Plymouth will have to convert some of those types of plays to be victorious tonight.  Concord's offense can throw the ball pretty well too, and if they can extend some drives and keep Plymouth off the field longer than they are used to, it could be the difference in the game.  The winner of this game is obviously in the driver's seat the rest of the way, but far from having clinched an out-right title.    

Goshen @ Northridge (-20.5)- Low scoring affair in Middlebury.  Goshen did, however, reach double digits last week....so there's that. 

NorthWood (-22.5) @ Memorial- The Panthers are facing a potential let-down game with Warsaw and Plymouth on the docket in the next two weeks.  This could allow Elkhart Memorial to stay close!  Psh- who are we kidding?  Nate Andrews doesn't take weeks off!!!    

Wawasee @ Warsaw (-41.5)- What is the definition of insanity?  A loyal Wawasee football fan. 

Bonus Odds! 

Odds to win at least share of NLC Varsity Football Championship 2019

Plymouth (4-0) (8:5)- Being at home this week is an advantage, but they have lost 3 of 4 to Concord. Still have Goshen and NorthWood on the schedule. 

Concord (4-0) (2:1)- Concord hasn't seen a passing attack like Plymouth's yet this season.  Still has Northridge and Warsaw on the schedule. 

NorthWood (3-1)(3:1)- Cheering for Plymouth this week.  Matchups with Warsaw and Plymouth coming up in the next two weeks. Scores have been a little more impressive than Warsaw's in recent weeks. 

Warsaw (3-1)(4:1)- Cheering for Concord this week.  NorthWood and Concord remain. 

Northridge (1-3)(OFF)- Mathematically eliminated.  Will have to play well and get a decent sectional draw to finish with a winning record. 

Memorial (1-3)(OFF)- Mathematically eliminated.  The Eastern Equine Encephalitis got the best of these Crimson Chargers.  As for the ailment that Elkhart Memorial suffers from; there may not be a vaccine for that, either.

Wawasee/Goshen (0-4) (OFF)- It's over, Johnny. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Slick John Picanos said:

Concord @ Plymouth (-4)

Goshen @ Northridge (-20.5)

NorthWood (-22.5) @ Memorial

Wawasee @ Warsaw (-41.5)

Concord +4 - they might even win the game outright - 8 schmeckles

Northridge -20.5 - this one feels a little risky, but counting on at least 4 Northridge TDs and only 1 Goshen TD - 3 schmeckles

Memorial +22.5 - home dog by more than 3 TDs?! I'll take Memorial - 10 schmeckles

Wawasee +41.5 - basing this on the fact that Warsaw has only won 1 game by more than 42 points. The ground and pound offense milks the clock, and once the Tigers go up by 35, that running clock will come into play. - 5 schmeckles

(I hope everyone enjoyed my Rick & Morty reference lol)

• Like 1

Memorial over Wawasee- I have not good reason why.

Plymouth over Goshen- Thank goodness for the mercy rule

Concord over Northridge- Minutemen will bounce back from a tough loss vs Plymouth

Warsaw over NorthWood-Bart ball will prevail. Revenge from last year.

My non expert picks this week:

Memorial 35 Wawasee 14 Memorial finally plays an opponent that they are superior than...EM is the best one win team in the state...I will keep saying it.

Goshen 0 Plymouth 42...tough sledding for the Redhawks...the windy weather keeps the Plymouth passing game in check.  

Northridge 14  Concord 21....the Minutemen do just enough to win this won.

Warsaw 21  Northwood 14...Warsaw causes some Northwood turnovers that end up being the difference in this won.  I actually wouldn't be surprised though if Northwood pulls this one out.