Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2019 Season

1 hour ago, Fairfield02 said:

Northridge 14  Concord 21....the Minutemen do just enough to win this won.

Warsaw 21  Northwood 14...Warsaw causes some Northwood turnovers that end up being the difference in this won.  

one* and one*....I apparently need to proof read a little bit more....

I just have winning on the mind...lol

37 minutes ago, Steve said:

Goshen 35 Plymouth 3 

Love it....

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 11:04 AM, Steve said:

Memorial 0 Wawasee 21

Goshen 35 Plymouth 3 

Northridge 10 Concord 14

Warsaw 21 Northwood 14

Ok for real now:

*Plymouth 35 Goshen 0     Self explanatory 

Memorial 28 Wawasee 3   See above

Northridge 17 Concord 21  Could be close game but I don’t see a Concord losing after last week’s loss

Warsaw 28 Northwood 17   I believe Warsaw defense will be a big factor tonight  

*In case of rain

Plymouth 21  Goshen 0     Ball will be staying on the ground more than the Rockies are comfortable with 

Just a random observation:

If Plymouth beats NorthWood on Friday night (come on Panthers!! 😛), the NLC standings will finish like this:

7-0 Plymouth
6-1 Warsaw/Concord
5-2 Warsaw/Concord
4-3 NorthWood
3-4 Northridge/Memorial
2-5 Northridge/Memorial
1-6 Goshen/Wawasee
0-7 Goshen/Wawasee

Looking back through http://www.almanacsports.com/football/conference.php?conf_id=northernlakes&season , it looks like the last time this happened was in 2008, before that was 2001.

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Just a random observation:

If Plymouth beats NorthWood on Friday night (come on Panthers!! 😛), the NLC standings will finish like this:

7-0 Plymouth
6-1 Warsaw/Concord
5-2 Warsaw/Concord
4-3 NorthWood
3-4 Northridge/Memorial
2-5 Northridge/Memorial
1-6 Goshen/Wawasee
0-7 Goshen/Wawasee

Looking back through http://www.almanacsports.com/football/conference.php?conf_id=northernlakes&season , it looks like the last time this happened was in 2008, before that was 2001.

Looks like I’m going to be in the house at Concord Friday night. What can I expect from these teams?

Non-expert picks this week:

Northridge 14 Memorial 21...I really like Memorial in this one, although I have been picking them all year and they keep losing.  Against common opponents and on paper, Memorial actually seems to be the better team.  Hard to go game to game though....I still think Memorial gets it done.

Plymouth 38  Northwood 14....It's close at first, but once the Rockies settle in, it will be smooth sailing....Northwood has the home field advantage, but they have not done well this year against ranked teams.  

Warsaw 14 Concord 15 OT....I don't know...i just feel like the Minutemen will get this one.  

Wawasee 21  Goshen 7.....and Wawasee wins the battle of the bottom.

Slick John reporting after a week hiatus.  Let's just say it had something to do with a late night in Vegas, search warrents, a kicked in window, a missing shoe, and a bloody sock.  

Northridge (-7) @ Memorial- Difficult one to pick here as both teams are probably playing their last winnable game of the season.  This is potentially the last game at Crimson Charger Stadium as well (at least as far as I know).  

Plymouth (-14) @ NorthWood- Plymouth will be on grass for only the 2nd time this season.  I'm not sure that plays a huge role, but it is something to note.  NorthWood had a disappointing performance last week after an extremely hopeful first half.  NorthWood has more fans cheering for them this week than normal in the form of Minutemen and Tigers.  New Prarie eventually awaits Plymouth and East Noble evenually awaits NorthWood in their respective sectionals.  

Warsaw @ Concord (-1.5)- Great game shaping up in Dunlap.  Winner has a chance at a share of the title.  Warsaw has the ability to control the ball enough to keep Concord's offense off the field.  Turnovers and special teams play a role, but I'm not sure in favor of which team.  

Wawasee @ Goshen (PK)- Sagarin has Wawasee as 4-5 point favorites, but I just can't count out the Pride of the Redhawk and their desire to win the Traveling Chief Trophy.  

Bonus Odds! 

Odds to win at least a share of NLC Varsity Football Championship 2019

Plymouth (6-0) (OFF)- Clinched!!!  Congrats to John Barron and the Plymouth Rockies

Concord (5-1) (9:5)- Statistically the best defense (at least in points allowed) in the conference will face BartBall for a chance at a share of the title. 

Warsaw (5-1)(9:5)-  Did they anger the Panthers enough last week to motivate them to be competitive against the Rockies?

NorthWood (4-2)(OFF)- Eliminated, but still play a huge role in potential multiple champions. 

Northridge (2-4)(OFF)- Squaring off with Memorial in a game for 5th/6th. 

Memorial (2-4)(OFF)- .....One last ride....

Wawasee/Goshen (0-6) (OFF)- Squaring off in a game that will be so bad its' good. 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2019 at 2:23 PM, Slick John Picanos said:

Wawasee @ Goshen (PK)- Sagarin has Wawasee as 4-5 point favorites, but I just can't count out the Pride of the Redhawk and their desire to win the Traveling Chief Trophy.  

Sadly, they don't play for the Chief anymore because #feelings...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wedgebuster said:

As someone that no longer lives in Indiana, can someone give me a recap of the Plymouth vs Northwood and Concord vs Warsaw games last week?   Always enjoy hearing about the NLC! 

I was at Concord. It was a tale of 2 halves. Concord came out with a great passing attack and jumped out to a big lead. It was 34-7 at halftime, and Warsaw looked stunned. But the 2nd half was all Warsaw as they scored 21 unanswered with a power running attack, and had the ball at the end, but got stopped on downs near midfield. Very impressed with the Concord QB and their well-conceived passing attack. But most impressive on both sides were the place kickers. Both hit the end zone on kickoffs regularly. Great high school football game.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I was at Concord. It was a tale of 2 halves. Concord came out with a great passing attack and jumped out to a big lead. It was 34-7 at halftime, and Warsaw looked stunned. But the 2nd half was all Warsaw as they scored 21 unanswered with a power running attack, and had the ball at the end, but got stopped on downs near midfield. Very impressed with the Concord QB and their well-conceived passing attack. But most impressive on both sides were the place kickers. Both hit the end zone on kickoffs regularly. Great high school football game.

Thanks!   Really exciting to see Bart Ball take off at yet another school.  If the run heavy offenses like Warsaw's and New Prairie's seem to have any weakness, its the DB's being very inexperienced and/or uncomfortable playing the ball in the air. 

Good luck to all of the NLC teams tonight. 

I started a new career and have been too busy to post much this year. 

We got a tough draw for round 1, but you never know what might happen when those lights come on.

Also sharing something I saw Chuck Freeby share on Twitter this morning that I feel a lot of people take for granted. 

Screenshot_20191025-065811_Twitter.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pulling for Warsaw to bring home their first sectional title tonight against Penn! 

5 years ago today, Northridge won our first sectional title, and the culture is a complete 180 from when I played. 

Good luck Plymouth also, hope to see the NLC represented in Regionals, but it'll be a tough one tonight first.

Also Mishawaka will have a good one tonight to finish their time in the NIC with a sectional title, looking forward to their addition as well as our new facilities that should be ready by next fall.

Lastly, in non NLC news, what a turnaround for Fairfield this year, go out and bring home a sectional tonight!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...