Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 2 July

On 7/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, cw13 said:

Until we get leadership that wants to put the cases at a manageable level........the fall football season will be a chopped up mess........i can see some teams w/o cases going 2-3 weeks w/o games because opponents have outbreaks. Spring, and hopefully some treatments......is the realistic chance for a full season, perhaps not chopped up....but the fall between players, students, teachers, coaches, families and officials having outbreaks is a very doubtful happening

I asked our AD about how the schedule would look with positive cases and cancelling games.  He said that we will play all of our scheduled games if we have enough kids.  He told all coaches to build depth and that we would play Varsity first and go to the lower levels if both teams have enough to play.  I agree that this will be chopped up but we all should try to play if we can.

1 minute ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I asked our AD about how the schedule would look with positive cases and cancelling games.  He said that we will play all of our scheduled games if we have enough kids.  He told all coaches to build depth and that we would play Varsity first and go to the lower levels if both teams have enough to play.  I agree that this will be chopped up but we all should try to play if we can.

Then why didn’t we finish the basketball tourney in March?  Why didn’t we try to play a shortened spring season?  There is absolutely ZERO difference with the virus today than there was then.  Everyone is hoping, but it just isn’t going to happen if you use common sense.  

10 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Then why didn’t we finish the basketball tourney in March?  Why didn’t we try to play a shortened spring season?  There is absolutely ZERO difference with the virus today than there was then.  Everyone is hoping, but it just isn’t going to happen if you use common sense.  

Instead of locking down and staying in our homes we need to learn to live with this virus.  Back when this started science said a lockdown would allow us to get ahead of the virus.  IT DID.  We were told to slowly reopen and to wear masks, social distance, and wash our hands. WE DIDN'T.  So now we are trending upward.  This isn't going away even though POTUS claims it will some day disappear.  Common sense tells us to try and make kids understand what the adults can't.  We can beat this by following the three rules:  wear masks, social distance, and wash our hands.  Other countries have done it.  Maybe our state can do it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Yup.. Hoping isn't gonna make this disappear. Herd immunity doesn't work. 

7 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Instead of locking down and staying in our homes we need to learn to live with this virus.  Back when this started science said a lockdown would allow us to get ahead of the virus.  IT DID.  We were told to slowly reopen and to wear masks, social distance, and wash our hands. WE DIDN'T.  So now we are trending upward.  This isn't going away even though POTUS claims it will some day disappear.  Common sense tells us to try and make kids understand what the adults can't.  We can beat this by following the three rules:  wear masks, social distance, and wash our hands.  Other countries have done it.  Maybe our state can do it.

Other countries had total lock downs. We had states either not do it or open way to quick. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

On 7/18/2020 at 8:16 PM, DannEllenwood said:

Facts matter.  Obviously not to him.

I posted the symptoms.  Facts.  This is why I keep asking for the symptoms.

How someone can dismiss that they are being lied to are unreal.

A man dies in a motorcycle accident.  Death certificate="Covid".  WAKE UP!

My buddies grandma died of covid. 

A guy on my Facebook's grandpa died of it. 

You really need to wake up. 

I really enjoy you going on and on about how you love facts but yet when you talk about how the republicans freed the slaves, you still think the Republican party today is the same as it was then and when facts are presented its not, you still carry on pretending that it is.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

You think State can flip seasons that quick ?  

I personally doubt it cause most states probably didn't prepare a back up plan. I think if most did.. It could be done. 

On 7/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, cw13 said:

Until we get leadership that wants to put the cases at a manageable level........the fall football season will be a chopped up mess........i can see some teams w/o cases going 2-3 weeks w/o games because opponents have outbreaks. Spring, and hopefully some treatments......is the realistic chance for a full season, perhaps not chopped up....but the fall between players, students, teachers, coaches, families and officials having outbreaks is a very doubtful happening

I think if it gets worse like in your situation.. Theyll shut it down. 

On 7/20/2020 at 1:09 PM, CoachDurham said:

Only if you did spring sports in the fall because they are easier to social distance while playing.

Football makes money, I would assume that is why they would want to do that.

Yup. It's all about money... Students, athletes, coaches and teachers be damned. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

42 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

While I sympathize for those who have been effected, this line of reasoning works both ways. You know at least two people who have passed, potentially more who have tested positive: I personally do not know a single person who has even had a confirmed case of this virus, let alone passed from it. That includes social media. That can obviously change, and I hope it doesn't obviously, but unfortunately unless/until it does that lack of personal connection, if you will, makes it really hard to completely understand this level of reaction. And yes, I watch the news,  depressing as it is, but what qualifies as "concern worth" seems to change so fast that without some personal connection,  which you appear to have, it's really, really hard to understand some days.

Edited by wabashalwaysfights
Additionally comments

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

While I sympathize for those who have been effected, this line of reasoning works both ways. You know at least two people who have passed, potentially more who have tested positive: I personally do not know a single person who has even had a confirmed case of this virus, let alone passed from it. That includes social media. That can obviously change, and I hope it doesn't obviously, but unfortunately unless/until it does that lack of personal connection, if you will, makes it really hard to completely understand this level of reaction. And yes, I watch the news,  depressing as it is, but what qualifies as "concern worth" seems to change so fast that without some personal connection,  which you appear to have, it's really, really hard to understand some days.

I know of atleast 3 more people who have tested positive but didn't die. 

A girl about 3 years older than i, her 7-10 year old son and a guy thats 20-22. 

Two places in town shut down.

It shouldn't matter if you know someone or not. 

The fact that people have died, are dying and will die from this should bother us all but it doesn't..  

Edited by TheStatGuy

8 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

The fact that people have died, are dying and will die from this should bother us all but it doesn't. 

I disagree.  Unfortunately,  whether any of us like it or not, oftentimes that is the human condition: "malady x" has not effected me so I disregard it. Substitute whatever you want for "malady x," and there could literally be hundreds of possibilities.

An unfortunate example that comes to mind is driving under the influence.  I saw a speaker at a school convocation once who spoke to this. He talked about how he knew it was dangerous to get behind the wheel while under the influence, but he had done it so many times and no one ever got hurt, so why should this time be any different? Unfortunately, he was involved in a wreck that claimed a young women's life and he paid the price (a hefty jail sentence plus the guilt that comes with that). Now he works to educate people about the dangers of driving under the influence, but does that mean that people will stop the practice?  Statistics tell us far from from it.

We can disagree about the nature of this virus, how dangerous it is or isn't, but the fact is my friend that whether an individual knows someone who has been effected by this or has been effected by it personally does indeed matter. 

27 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

I disagree.  Unfortunately,  whether any of us like it or not, oftentimes that is the human condition: "malady x" has not effected me so I disregard it. Substitute whatever you want for "malady x," and there could literally be hundreds of possibilities.

An unfortunate example that comes to mind is driving under the influence.  I saw a speaker at a school convocation once who spoke to this. He talked about how he knew it was dangerous to get behind the wheel while under the influence, but he had done it so many times and no one ever got hurt, so why should this time be any different? Unfortunately, he was involved in a wreck that claimed a young women's life and he paid the price (a hefty jail sentence plus the guilt that comes with that). Now he works to educate people about the dangers of driving under the influence, but does that mean that people will stop the practice?  Statistics tell us far from from it.

We can disagree about the nature of this virus, how dangerous it is or isn't, but the fact is my friend that whether an individual knows someone who has been effected by this or has been effected by it personally does indeed matter. 

Then why is it tougher for America to handle wearing a mask, staying at home and other stuff than it is in other countries? Is it we kinda just lost our way on caring about others? 

Is it because our president didn't take this serious until what 2 weeks ago? Is it because certain people think it's a hoax? Think its only political? When clearly its serious, when it's clearly not a hoax and its not political? 

3 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Then why is it tougher for America to handle wearing a mask, staying at home and other stuff than it is in other countries? Is it we kinda just lost our way on caring about others? 

Is it because our president didn't take this serious until what 2 weeks ago? Is it because certain people think it's a hoax? Think its only political? When clearly its serious, when it's clearly not a hoax and its not political? 

Because, fair or not, many Americans’ trust of the mainstream media is at an all-time low and they are tired of the flip flopping and one sided reporting.

People have gone from skeptical to full blown conspiracy theorists when the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Do you REALLY think the outbreak of this thing would have been ANY different in February and March if someone else were in office?  I don’t care for 45, (didn’t vote for him in 2016, won’t in 2020) but laying this all at his feet is irresponsible and biased.

1 minute ago, TheStatGuy said:

I was just reading @Coach Nowlin's comments on bringing politics into every discussion on this board so in light of that,cI will disregard your second line of questioning. Not trying to dodge, just following @Coach Nowlin's lead on this one, it is likely more productive in the long run. 

To your first line of questioning, I don't know that I would go so far as to suggest that Americans "have lost our way on caring about others." Europeans and Americans are fundamentally different on a number of levels, so in many ways I think when you attempt to compare the two on any level you're comparing applies to oranges.

14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Do you REALLY think the outbreak of this thing would have been ANY different in February and March if someone else were in office?

Yes.

14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I don’t care for 45, (didn’t vote for him in 2016, won’t in 2020) but laying this all at his feet is irresponsible and biased.

No one on this Forum has done that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Yes.

No one on this Forum has done that.

“Stat boy” continues to do so...others’ tone indicates they do as well.

Tell me oh wise one, how exactly would things have been different with someone else in the Oval Office?

Arcadia, lol.

24 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Tell me oh wise one, how exactly would things have been different with someone else in the Oval Office?

A subject for the OOB.

24 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Arcadia, lol.

There is no "wrong side of the tracks" in Arcadia. Unlike Nobletucky.

INDIANAPOLIS — Washington Township Schools will have virtual classes until further notice. While that's welcome news for some, its bad news for students like Sharlee Little's 12th grade son Cole, who was planning to play high school soccer when virtual classes end for the day.

"As of right now since the board has decided not to have fall sports he will not be playing his senior year along with all the other kids that play sports," Little said.

In a video message to the school board, students of North Central are asking the school board to reconsider their decision to eliminate sports and extra-extracurriculars ahead of a Wednesday night school board meeting.

Edited by cw13

On 7/22/2020 at 9:59 AM, gonzoron said:

A subject for the OOB.

There is no "wrong side of the tracks" in Arcadia. Unlike Nobletucky.

Still waiting for you in the OOB...

And you don’t really think I’m from Noblesville do you?

Arcadia, lol.

44 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Still waiting for you in the OOB...

You a member there? Hold your breath waiting for me to come back. Please. I left there over a month ago. If you're there commenting, that must bring the number up to what, 4 or 5? I have another location where I can discuss non-football topics with normal people. If I want to read Facebook-style ramblings and "debates", I'll just go look at Facebook instead of back into that cesspool that the OOB became.

49 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Arcadia, lol.

You can laugh at Arcadia all you feel you need to. Won't bother me any. I've never lived there.

24 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

You a member there? Hold your breath waiting for me to come back. Please. I left there over a month ago. If you're there commenting, that must bring the number up to what, 4 or 5? I have another location where I can discuss non-football topics with normal people. If I want to read Facebook-style ramblings and "debates", I'll just go look at Facebook instead of back into that cesspool that the OOB became.

You can laugh at Arcadia all you feel you need to. Won't bother me any. I've never lived there.

You live in the bursting metropolis of Cicero then huh?

On 7/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, wabashalwaysfights said:

On 7/22/2020 at 5:11 AM, TheStatGuy said:

You really need to wake up. 

I really enjoy you going on and on about how you love facts but yet when you talk about how the republicans freed the slaves, you still think the Republican party today is the same as it was then and when facts are presented its not, you still carry on pretending that it is.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, wabashalwaysfights said:

On 7/22/2020 at 7:06 AM, TheStatGuy said:

The fact that people have died, are dying and will die from this should bother us all but it doesn't..  

While these experiences are interesting, they are only anecdotal evidence. And anecdotal evidence is worse than no evidence at all. When there’s no evidence, people don’t draw any conclusions. But with anecdotal evidence, they often draw the wrong conclusion.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

While these experiences are interesting, they are only anecdotal evidence. And anecdotal evidence is worse than no evidence at all. When there’s no evidence, people don’t draw any conclusions. But with anecdotal evidence, they often draw the wrong conclusion.

So are you suggesting that we completely ignore our personal experience?