Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 2 July

10 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I’m sure science or something similar.... blah blah blah with him. Don’t bite

You have to be kidding me. I’ll help ya too. You just have to want to be helped. 

10 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I’m sure science or something similar.... blah blah blah with him. Don’t bite

Feel free to tag me. 

4 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Elkhart Schools is offering 2 options this fall.

1. Hybrid- 2 days in person with two days of at home (assuming doing assignments) and Friday elearning.  I believe school is either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday

2. elearning 5 days

does that satisfy being able to participate in fall athletics ? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

I would hope the ihsaa would be smart enough to allow them to participate.     

Why though? Parents aren’t comfortable sending their kids to school but they are for athletics? How does that make sense? Should extra curricular only be for students/schools with students in the building?

34 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

They let home school kids participate don't they?

Yes, but they have to attend school for a minimum of a single course and are subject to the same "on-campus" days that their non-homeschooled classmates are.  They also have to pass the same state tests requirements as their non-homeschooled classmates.

I would expect that one thing that might change with regard to the COVID situation is a rewording of IHSAA guidelines that is tied to "acceptable attendance" measures as determined by the school as tied to their general delivery methods ... i.e., if the school as a whole goes to online instruction, which they are able to count as DOE days for state funding purposes, then student athletes would be counted as "in class" for purposes of IHSAA eligibility.  It would be something, since it would be tied to the general population delivery, that would likely only be enacted in extreme circumstances.

• Like 2

Brownstown football player tests positive for coronavirus

By Lew Freedman -

7/14/20 10:16 PM

A Brownstown Central High School football player tested positive for the coronavirus Monday, and after informing coach Reed May of the result, the program shut down workouts for two weeks Tuesday.

1 hour ago, cw13 said:

Brownstown football player tests positive for coronavirus

By Lew Freedman -

7/14/20 10:16 PM

A Brownstown Central High School football player tested positive for the coronavirus Monday, and after informing coach Reed May of the result, the program shut down workouts for two weeks Tuesday.

What were the symptoms?  

On 7/14/2020 at 9:54 AM, Temptation said:

I want to add that I believe that suburban and rural schools will probably be fine.  They might have an outbreak or close around flu season but I think the Indy schools are in trouble.

“Awaiting the July 4th spike” is now the new buzz phrase...

For some reason in NW Indiana..the virus situation is worse lately in Porter County than it is in Lake County

(for those who dont know, Porter County is the border to the east of Lake County)

On 7/14/2020 at 10:11 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Fort Wayne doing phone interviews now with parents to find out their thoughts.   Seems late in the game to start that personally......

Very late. This discussion should have been had in May.

What you're basically asking parents to do is sign a 'death waiver' 

On the teeny, weenie miniscule chance your kids dies from the virus he caught at our school, please dont sue us.

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

does that satisfy being able to participate in fall athletics ? 

I posted this somewhere else, but prior to Covid a student-athlete was able to participate (practice and play) so long as they satisfied the school district's requirement for attendance for e-learning. Essentially, the student has to complete any assignment, participate in any activity/meeting teachers may require, and/or complete any alternative assignment deemed necessary by the he classroom teacher and approved by the school. 

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

On the teeny, weenie miniscule chance your kids dies from the virus he caught at our school, please dont sue us.

Such hyperbole on your part.  Why send out a survey in May when the data changes by the hour?  Don’t you want your parents to have the very best information for their area before making a decision?

Roughly THIRTY folks in the school aged demographic have died from this virus.  In that same time period, nearly 200 have died from the flu, over 400 to suicide and over 600 in swimming/drowning related deaths.

STRAIGHT from the CDC.

Spare me the nonsense.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Such hyperbole on your part.  Why send out a survey in May when the data changes by the hour?  Don’t you want your parents to have the very best information for their area before making a decision?

Roughly THIRTY folks in the school aged demographic have died from this virus.  In that same time period, nearly 200 have died from the flu, over 400 to suicide and over 600 in swimming/drowning related deaths.

STRAIGHT from the CDC.

Spare me the nonsense.

Facts over fear. 

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Pretty much. 

5 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Facts over fear. 

I think you lost that "facts over fear" when you kept going on and on about the caravan...that never came. 

17 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Elkhart Schools is offering 2 options this fall.

1. Hybrid- 2 days in person with two days of at home (assuming doing assignments) and Friday elearning.  I believe school is either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday

2. elearning 5 days

hey @DannEllenwood didnt i say something like that on John Harrells? (yes, i did)... And did you think a school would do that? (You didn't). 

On 7/15/2020 at 12:14 AM, Coach Jennings said:

Why the quotations around the word virus?

He doesn't believe the virus exists. 

Its sad. A relatives of mine's niece and great nephew got it... My buddies grandma died from it.. As did a guy i knows grandpa. 

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

He doesn't believe the virus exists. 

Its sad. A relatives of mine's niece and great nephew got it... My buddies grandma died from it.. As did a guy i knows grandpa. 

Died “with it.”  

(Fixed it for you.)

Silver Creek, however, isn’t the only local football team feeling the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Floyd County Health Officer Dr. Tom Harris confirmed Tuesday that a player at a Floyd County high school had tested positive for COVID-19.

“Transmission risk to other players was low,” said Harris, who declined to say which school the player attends.

Edited by cw13

7 hours ago, Temptation said:

Died “with it.”  

(Fixed it for you.)

I believe a "virus" exists, just not the "virus" the majority of you all think.

1 hour ago, cw13 said:

Silver Creek, however, isn’t the only local football team feeling the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Floyd County Health Officer Dr. Tom Harris confirmed Tuesday that a player at a Floyd County high school had tested positive for COVID-19.

“Transmission risk to other players was low,” said Harris, who declined to say which school the player attends.

what were the symptoms?

51 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

I believe a "virus" exists, just not the "virus" the majority of you all think.

what were the symptoms?

Did you try the antibody test?  Can you try to donate blood to see?