Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC 2020 Thread

Seeger is in quarantine and had to cancel vs Parke Heritage.  I am really looking forward to see how the Wolves stack up against a bigger school in Franklin County. Playing a school like that, definitely helps PH prepare for the rest of their season.  Win or lose a game like this makes you better!

9 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Were the Wolfs scared of the Herbies?

The Wolfs are scared of Seeger?? Yeah right. They torched the Patriots the last couple of years. The Wolfs are scared of Seeger, but picked up 3A Franklin County to play instead?? No sir! The Wolfs are showing championship aspirations by stepping up and playing a bigger school in Franklin County. This is the exact move that WRC teams should be making!

NO CA-CA TORTA FOR YOU!!! 

21 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The Wolfs are scared of Seeger?? Yeah right. They torched the Patriots the last couple of years. The Wolfs are scared of Seeger, but picked up 3A Franklin County to play instead?? No sir! The Wolfs are showing championship aspirations by stepping up and playing a bigger school in Franklin County. This is the exact move that WRC teams should be making!

NO CA-CA TORTA FOR YOU!!! 

You may want to retract that statement given what I just saw on twitter concerning the Wolfs rescheduled game.  

3 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Seeger is in quarantine and had to cancel vs Parke Heritage.  I am really looking forward to see how the Wolves stack up against a bigger school in Franklin County. Playing a school like that, definitely helps PH prepare for the rest of their season.  Win or lose a game like this makes you better!

Parke Heritage game against Franklin County has been canceled. Parke Heritage will not play a week 1 game.

Just now, CheapSeats said:

Last night I saw on Twitter they were playing??  Would have been.a great opportunity for PH to play a bigger school.  Honestly, with all this COVID stuff, I am surprised someone would just not play.

I'm not sure why it's canceled. I saw in another thread it wasn't because of COVID.

Exciting and disappointing Friday in the WRC. 

Hate hearing FC is now out for a couple weeks. Hopefully their opponents can pick up some games. Wonder if Southmont or PH has reached out to each other? Anyone heard? 

I would like to see PH play this year. From what I heard from their scrimmage is they looked pretty good. Scoring on about 40 percent of their plays and only giving up two TDs. The Johnson kid is an all around athlete that I have been able to see play basketball a couple times. He seems to be the real deal. Not sure why they aren’t playing Franklin county Saturday, but not sure I would of made the 3 hour drive any ways. 

Do we know for sure if Seeger is out two weeks? 

Lets hope no other teams deal with this in our conference. 

is there any games around that a person can get in if they are not a parent? I know some schools are limiting tickets to so many people per player.  Any one have info on the South vermillion game? Might not be a bad one to go looK that their talent.

Thanks for any info 

1. North Vermillion, Riverton Parke, Seeger, and Fountain Central have all been placed under quarantine at some point since the start of the season. 

2. Attica, South Vermillion, Parke Heritage, and Covington have not been placed under quarantine yet.

3. It would take the luck of the Irish for A-Town, SV, PH and Real Housewives of Covington to make it through the season without going into quarantine at some point.

I cringe thinking about all of those endzone cameras collecting dust instead of being used by the WRC.

On 8/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, Oldschoolfan said:

Rumor has it Seeger will not be playing Friday night. 

So back to my previous question. How will conference be decided if teams miss games due to COVID? I would like to have an idea on how we will crown 2nd place in the WRC. 

Do you have any ideas? Could you use winning percentages at the end of the season? Maybe teams are only eligible to win the WRC if they play all of their conference games? Perhaps a WRC coaches poll? 

23 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Do you have any ideas? Could you use winning percentages at the end of the season? Maybe teams are only eligible to win the WRC if they play all of their conference games? Perhaps a WRC coaches poll? 

I don’t think it’s really going to matter. The covids will be the winner this year. 

According to the TH paper, Parke Heritage has a case of COVID. Below is the quote from the paper. 

"As the season goes along, we'll have to get used to constant bobbing-and-weaving. Three area teams — Riverton Parke, Parke Heritage and North Central — are not playing on Friday due to positive COVID cases either among players or coaches."

13 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

According to the TH paper, Parke Heritage has a case of COVID. Below is the quote from the paper. 

"As the season goes along, we'll have to get used to constant bobbing-and-weaving. Three area teams — Riverton Parke, Parke Heritage and North Central — are not playing on Friday due to positive COVID cases either among players or coaches."

Pretty sure Seeger had the Covid case, not the Wolfs.  The Wolfs has rescheduled a game with Franklin County but then canceled the next day.  Sounds like lots of shady stuff going on in Parke County.  Could be the side effects of no Covered Bridge Festival?

3 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Pretty sure Seeger had the Covid case, not the Wolfs.  The Wolfs has rescheduled a game with Franklin County but then canceled the next day.  Sounds like lots of shady stuff going on in Parke County.  Could be the side effects of no Covered Bridge Festival?

I'm thinking Parke Heritage also has a case. 

38 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

I'm thinking Parke Heritage also has a case. 

It is being reported on the EiAC thread that the Wolfs backed out of the Franklin County game due to not thinking they could win and fear of some of their players getting hurt.  If that’s the case...WOW!

22 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

It is being reported on the EiAC thread that the Wolfs backed out of the Franklin County game due to not thinking they could win and fear of some of their players getting hurt.  If that’s the case...WOW!

Have read some things from Franklin Co. Administration.  They were none too impressed with how the situation was handled.  I'll leave it at that.