Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 2

6 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

5:24 3rd

Parke Heritage 48, Covington 6

Christian Johnson 60 yd TD pass to Noble Johnson

Is this the same school throwing the ball up 40 that wouldn’t play a bigger school because of the talent difference?    That’s the WRC style.   

34 minutes ago, WRCNFL333 said:

Is this the same school throwing the ball up 40 that wouldn’t play a bigger school because of the talent difference?    That’s the WRC style.   

I guess thats how you become a hall of fame coach?

Yes I believe the Johnson kid threw  one pass in the second half. A 20 yard pass and a 40 yard run. That will happen when you are playing 8 In the box and man coverage. 
Not sure Covington’s defense would of stopped PH tonight even if the handed the ball off. 
Covington has some talented players but this may be a rebuilding year for them.

Is SV the real deal this year or is NV down this much? 

21 minutes ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Yes I believe the Johnson kid threw  one pass in the second half. A 20 yard pass and a 40 yard run. That will happen when you are playing 8 In the box and man coverage. 
Not sure Covington’s defense would of stopped PH tonight even if the handed the ball off. 
Covington has some talented players but this may be a rebuilding year for them.

Is SV the real deal this year or is NV down this much? 

It’s not just PH, it’s many schools that have talent gaps vs their opponents, especially in the WRC.  The worst part is the coaches that do it never stick around to see the other side of the beaten.   Just as the talent level is about to run out, the leave for another school, leaving the new coach with the responsibility of taking a beating as payback for the previous years.   Rarely do you see a coach like Crabtree remain loyal in the down years and take his lumps similarly to how he gave them.    It’s not a coincidence why many feel Coach Good resigned or Herb left Rockville or the hall of famer left FC.  Just look at the teams and talent they left and the results the following years. It’s a time-tested tradition in the WRC.    If this is truly a down year for NV (and i don’t think it will end up being so)  kuddos to Coach Crabtree for seeing it through.  And this is why many root for the coaches at Covington to pull it together and win or at RP to finally turn the corner one day.   Lord knows they’ve taken some of our a$$ beatings over the years and would relish a shot to throw the ball up 40. (Even if it is a 20 yard pass by a player with 6 TD to an all-state WR,.... as you say) But in reality, they probably wouldn’t throw in that situation.  They’d either have their JV in to get reps or run the ball to milk the clock.   

44 minutes ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Not sure if any schools beside SV and Covington have soccer, but is some of the lack of competitiveness from those schools in the past been from talent being pulled in two directions? 

I’m not sure which schools have fall sports other than football.   Schools go through cycles of athletes in 1A.  Some schools also overcommit to winning at football with hefty salaries to coaches and schedules and staff that fit their requests.  Others  school wouldn’t think to pay a coach $70k to only teach weights and coach football.   But to my point above, this is why the local legendary coaches come and go so often.   They aren’t willing to coach through talent gaps.  Nobody wants to lose, but it’s easy to understand why a coach like Crabtree (if NV is really as bad as people want them to be) or the RP or Covington coach are to win again, people will appreciate it.   There’s zero doubt that guys like Barrett, Herb and Moore are great coaches.  They’ve won at every school they’ve been to.  But give them a couple years and they’ll be gone.  And not coincidentally, the level of talent will be too, thus leaving the next coach to have 1-2 win seasons and people tossing the ball on them up 40-50 points.   

I can see your point. But honestly believe those coaches above put a lot of time and heart in the kids while they are there. Like most people in any job you do your best to make moves that better your life and career. If they can have success and move on that’s is what most of us do. Doesn’t mean we don’t have respect or love for our former players or co workers. We just make smart business moves. 
Also I wouldn’t just look at the coaches, look at the schools and school boards that are chasing those coaches. If an awesome offer comes up you have to take a look at it and see if it’s a good fit for you and your family.

Just hearsay after last year but heard Crabtree was willing to look else where, but his wife and kids wanted to stay. If that’s the case. Good for him putting the wants and needs of his family first.  
Did King leave on his own or was he being pushed out? Same thing with Barrett? Did he chose Sv to be closer to family. I’m not sure just asking the question. 

4 minutes ago, WRCNFL333 said:

Twin Lakes 42 Seeger 15.   That was quite a surprise.   Maybe the COVID effect on practices is real based on Seeger and NV.   Will the trend continue with FC and RP?  

I’m know nothing about Twin Lakes, but I think Seeger was expecting a tough game. Not sure if  it was planned to be that lopsided

Different subject, 

Didn’t SV leave the conference a few years back? I was gone from the area but I thought I remembered that. If so why did they return? Lack of success, travel, or something else? 

like a previous poster said. Sv should be in contention for the title year after year. Does it benefit SV to play 1A schools for a conference title, but then struggle in their class in sectionals? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Different subject, 

Didn’t SV leave the conference a few years back? I was gone from the area but I thought I remembered that. If so why did they return? Lack of success, travel, or something else? 

like a previous poster said. Sv should be in contention for the title year after year. Does it benefit SV to play 1A schools for a conference title, but then struggle in their class in sectionals? 

South Vermillion left the WIC a few years ago. They weren't very competitive in football in the WIC. Not sure about the other sports. I know they competed pretty well in boys basketball and baseball. I assume they left the WIC to join the WRC because of the compeititon. They should easily dominate the WRC. They are the biggest school by a lot.

It looks like SV is flexing their D1 talent through the WRC so far.  97 points in 2 games and their starters have only played 4 quarters.  The Wolfs look to be dominant again.  I wonder if they saw what Pioneer did to 6a Chesterton?  And I was a little surprised with the Herbie score.  Maybe the Herbies still had some guys out on quarantine?  RP-Attica Monday....in what could be one of the best/worst WRC games of the year!

• Like 1

I would assume there are a few hard decisions this year for coaches. We hope we get to play a full season now, but it’s got to be in back of their minds on how long to do you play your kids. For example. If you have a player that’s on the verge of getting to play college ball do you let them play a little longer to get some game tape? Do you let seniors play a little longer as you never know when it might be the last game? 

I still hate it for the spring athletes last year that graduated. Let hope we get all of the games in now. 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:04 PM, WRCNFL333 said:

It’s not just PH, it’s many schools that have talent gaps vs their opponents, especially in the WRC.  The worst part is the coaches that do it never stick around to see the other side of the beaten.   Just as the talent level is about to run out, the leave for another school, leaving the new coach with the responsibility of taking a beating as payback for the previous years.   Rarely do you see a coach like Crabtree remain loyal in the down years and take his lumps similarly to how he gave them.    It’s not a coincidence why many feel Coach Good resigned or Herb left Rockville or the hall of famer left FC.  Just look at the teams and talent they left and the results the following years. It’s a time-tested tradition in the WRC.    If this is truly a down year for NV (and i don’t think it will end up being so)  kuddos to Coach Crabtree for seeing it through.  And this is why many root for the coaches at Covington to pull it together and win or at RP to finally turn the corner one day.   Lord knows they’ve taken some of our a$$ beatings over the years and would relish a shot to throw the ball up 40. (Even if it is a 20 yard pass by a player with 6 TD to an all-state WR,.... as you say) But in reality, they probably wouldn’t throw in that situation.  They’d either have their JV in to get reps or run the ball to milk the clock.   

This is Brett Sheldon and I'm replying to this Bull. Not hiding behind a user name.

Coach Moore has a record of over 200 wins and less than 50 losses.... He was at Seeger for 19 years straight. He doesn't just leave a school because of talent level. 

He took the Lafayette Jeff job when they went 9-56 the previos 6 seasons and went 8-3 the first year there. Get your facts straight hater!

8 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Dang, what's going on with North Vermillion?  Is it the virus, or are they in a rebuild year?

I've heard it both ways. I've heard they have guys out and that they're rebuilding. I'm sure them losing some time to COVID doesn't help.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:48 AM, Oldschoolfan said:

I can see your point. But honestly believe those coaches above put a lot of time and heart in the kids while they are there. Like most people in any job you do your best to make moves that better your life and career. If they can have success and move on that’s is what most of us do. Doesn’t mean we don’t have respect or love for our former players or co workers. We just make smart business moves. 
Also I wouldn’t just look at the coaches, look at the schools and school boards that are chasing those coaches. If an awesome offer comes up you have to take a look at it and see if it’s a good fit for you and your family.

Just hearsay after last year but heard Crabtree was willing to look else where, but his wife and kids wanted to stay. If that’s the case. Good for him putting the wants and needs of his family first.  
Did King leave on his own or was he being pushed out? Same thing with Barrett? Did he chose Sv to be closer to family. I’m not sure just asking the question. 

I’m know nothing about Twin Lakes, but I think Seeger was expecting a tough game. Not sure if  it was planned to be that lopsided

Barrett left NP to be closer to family....the family had just lost their son to cancer the previous year...

• Like 1