Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 2

Week 2 thread.  Let’s get started.  

Attica vs Tri-County:  The Ramblers will be an interesting team this year.  In addition to Coach Good resigning, this group is down to about 18 players.  After multiple years of success with players like Harmeson, Little, and Sheridan, is this the team that takes the plunge after losing maybe the best lineman in the conference in Hargan and two great athletes in Douglas and Kirkpatrick.   My guess is yes.  But not this week.  

The Ramblers get in the win column 20-14

Seeger vs Twin Lakes:  A new scheduled game further proving that the fighting Herbies will take on a teams -  any time, any place and any where. Under the shadow the hall of famer that always cast over Seeger mountain, Team King returns nearly all their offense and will be as physical as any team in the league.  Back from a Covid vacation, the Fighting (Don’t call me New England) Patriots start their march to a great season with high expectations.                     Patriots 50 Tri-County - 0 

Parke Heritage vs Covington:  Rumor has it that PH has T-minus 2 years to get their return on investment on Coach Moore   Highly paid hall of famers are hard to come by and expectations continue to rise   The fans are fickle in Rockville and the talent stream is lacking behind this group of athletes    So many questions are to be answered and most important will be how many passes will they throw when leading by more than 30?  Can the offense win games in poor weather?  The sectional is winnable if they can, but the wrath of Crabtree and his quarters still lurk.    Its obvious what Covington wants to do.  Wide open, full spread, call plays at the line   X’s and O’s are great, but you must have the Joe’s   Unfortunately, the Trojans lost maybe the best athlete in the conference and a stud MLB on defense.   Virtually reality is cool, but it’s not beating the Wolves   

PH 55 Trojans 13 

South Vermillion vs North Vermillion:   I’ve written is once and I’ll write it again, the Wildcats have won one sectional game since 2010.   It’s cool to be the big fish on the small pond and cooler to start 22 D1 athletes, but does the regular season matter for the Wildcats at this point?   This is all about the march to the playoffs and that path goes through Western Boone. All we can ask at this point is to keep the studs off the kickoff team, keep them healthy and limit group texting to coaches complaining about other coaches.   The matchup against the Falcons provides quite the intrigue given their peers from the north lost their QB, RB, top WR’s and top tackler.  But when has that ever impacted Team Crabtree?   Never.    The falcons keep it close with a new philosophy and look on offense, but drop their second street to the Wildcats  

SV 30 NV 20 

Riverton Parke - No game. So the Panthers got an Under Armor sponsor?  Wow.   Team Sanders will do their best to build on a 3 win season last year.   Some say the only thing their coach will win is a bench press contest.  Not so fast my friend.   Despite the loss of the older Hazzard who led the team in offense and tackling, the Panthers get a little older with a large junior group and benefit from a weaker conference and schedule    No game this week for the Panthers due to Covid,......again.  This time it was their opponent who couldn’t play.    Until then, the Panthers are still a mystery team and sit atop the conference standings with zero losses

Fountain Central -  (No game) I’m not paid consultant, but I’d be more than happy to be a free one from time to time.   If only potential coaches would reach out and ask about jobs before accepting them, huh?   My first question would be - “Did Herb or the Hall of Famer recently coach them?”  “Yes!” “And they recently left for another school?”  “Yes..?”   “Run.  Run as fast as you can or have a lot of patience and sign a 10 year contract because the well is dry”     Coach Hall takes another step in year 3 with his midline/option offense and 3-4 defense, but to no avail.   I’m predicting another  rough season for the Mustangs is ahead.   But much like the Panthers, they continue to be a mystery team and undefeated until we see them play.  

Already posted predictions, but I will update now.  

SV 72, NV 6-  the D1 talent will be too much to overcome for the Falcons.  Rumor has it that a few power 5 coaches will be in attendance for this game??

Wolfs 78, Covington 6- rumor is that the Wolfs petitioned the WRC to play flag football this fall...but they were denied.  Wolfs are hungry and want to send a message to all against an inferior team.  

Attica 10, Tri-County 8.  Ramblers win by scoring 5 safeties against the Caviliers’ 4 safeties.  Attica has tough kids. 

Seeger 32, Twin Lakes 16.  Covid 19 can’t even stop the Herbie Express.  

• Like 1

Not to be a smart a$$, but the mighty SV Mildcats won 2 sectional games last year....without the services of one of their D1 studs.  You have to go back to 2004 (I think) to find the Mildcats beating someone not named Cascade or Seeger in a sectional game?

7 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Not to be a smart a$$, but the mighty SV Mildcats won 2 sectional games last year....without the services of one of their D1 studs.  You have to go back to 2004 (I think) to find the Mildcats beating someone not named Cascade or Seeger in a sectional game?

I stand corrected.  2-11 since the 09-10 season.  Regardless, with 25 D1 athletes on the roster, the post season is all that matters.   Maybe a rematch up the upcoming Seeger game?  Maybe a date with Western Boone in round 1.  Whatever the situation, they have to feel some pressure at SV to escape the sectional, right?  

Edited by WRCNFL333
Grammar

I know SV has their QB, 6'4 and 205lbs who has D1 offers. Who else on their team is remotely D1? Their results from last year do not impress me. Beating a 1A Covington team doesn't impress me at all. Is the hype sarcastic or are they a serious contender to win the WRC and a sectional title?

10 minutes ago, Arrow95 said:

I know SV has their QB, 6'4 and 205lbs who has D1 offers. Who else on their team is remotely D1? Their results from last year do not impress me. Beating a 1A Covington team doesn't impress me at all. Is the hype sarcastic or are they a serious contender to win the WRC and a sectional title?

LB Joey Shew has had some feelers from FCS schools.  RB Anthonio Nieves is probably not at that level, but will be a college football player.  I think people are poking a little fun at SV with the D1 comments! 

12 minutes ago, Arrow95 said:

The WRC had two QB’s commit and will play D3 football this year in college. Logan White is most likely the best of the two as a true QB.  I think he’s as good as the SV QB. But, I believe there’s a lot of internal pressure at SV based upon the expectations set by the staff and local media.  In reality, many of the posts have quite a bit of sarcasm regarding the D1 talent.  The TE would make a great D3 weapon.  D1?   Not so sure.   Same with the QB.  

As a big 2A school in a 1A conference, they should dominate, but they haven’t.   It’s all about getting through the sectional that includes Seeger and more importantly, Western Boone.   That’s why they pay the coach 70k a year at a 2A school - to win!  

Ah that makes sense. PH qb has been starting since his sophomore year right? He's tough. 

I watched Shew wrestle when he was a sophomore. He went to semi state at 195lbs. He was impressive.

Yes, they should be going 8-1 or 9-0 year in and year out with their size over their schedule. $70,000? good for that coach but he needs to deliver quick!

Where is SV qb going? Indiana State?

9 minutes ago, Arrow95 said:

Ah that makes sense. PH qb has been starting since his sophomore year right? He's tough. 

I watched Shew wrestle when he was a sophomore. He went to semi state at 195lbs. He was impressive.

Yes, they should be going 8-1 or 9-0 year in and year out with their size over their schedule. $70,000? good for that coach but he needs to deliver quick!

Where is SV qb going? Indiana State?

No, the all-state PH QB graduated.  His replacement is a sophomore and very talented.   

12 hours ago, WRCNFL333 said:

The WRC had two QB’s commit and will play D3 football this year in college. Logan White is most likely the best of the two as a true QB.  I think he’s as good as the SV QB. But, I believe there’s a lot of internal pressure at SV based upon the expectations set by the staff and local media.  In reality, many of the posts have quite a bit of sarcasm regarding the D1 talent.  The TE would make a great D3 weapon.  D1?   Not so sure.   Same with the QB.  

As a big 2A school in a 1A conference, they should dominate, but they haven’t.   It’s all about getting through the sectional that includes Seeger and more importantly, Western Boone.   That’s why they pay the coach 70k a year at a 2A school - to win!  

SV played Webo last year who had the Mr. Football at the QB position (and is now playing D3 Ball).  Nothing against the SV QB, but Wright was the best QB on that field last year and it wasn't close and Wright wasn't D1.  

No argument here about last years game.  Garzolini has made huge strides in the offseason and should be able to improve his stock from his Sophomore year.  He does have an offer from Indiana State and I don't suspect that will be his only scholarship offer.   Good Luck to the Stars and maybe we will meet again this season.

It's good to see SV have success again. I think the last time they had this much hype was when they had Andy Walsh and those boys. They had an aerial attack. That Mumaw kid was pretty good too. Laswell was another good player. SV was loaded.They lost to South Putnam that year in the sectional. 

10 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Just saw Rick Semmler had a tweet that said Attica will play Riverton Parke on Monday. 

Harrell's site has it listed this morning. Panthers at Red Ramblers, Monday the 31st @ 6:30p.

From what I've read here, I wonder if the head coaches will have a bench press competition instead of a coin flip? 

1 hour ago, Oldschoolfan said:

So with the game Monday, will they be able to play again Friday? Or maybe move it to Saturday? Just curious how this will work out. If so, is there a possibility that other games can be made up during the season? 

Looks like RP has SV scheduled for Saturday the 5th at 11 am and Attica has Seeger the same day at 10 am