Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 3

49 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

Didn't see a thread for this week so I'll go ahead and start it.

Here are the week 3 games.

Friday, Sep. 4
North Vermillion at Covington Š, 7 pm
Parke Heritage at North Central, 7 pm
Saturday, Sep. 5
Fountain Central at Frontier, 12 am
Jay County at Seeger, 1 pm

Riverton Parke at South Vermillion Š, 11 am

Let's discuss some football!!

My predictions - 

NV  20 vs Cov 12 - Coach Crabtree becomes the king of the single wing and gets in the win column vs the Trojans.   Every team that has been impacted by Covid is winless and the steak stops Friday.   

PH 51 vs  NC 15  - Until the SV game arrives, it doesn’t appear we will know how good the Wolves really are with NC this week, Attica and Eastern Green the next two. How many TD will C Johnson have and how soon will he break all the QB records at PH?   The Wolves stop throwing after a lead of 50+ and run away with this game against a COVID returning T-Birds team

Frontier 42 FC 0  This is a complete guess as to how this game turns out.  Flip the coin - Frontier dominates the Mustangs in their COVID return   

Jay County  6 Seeger 50    Herb’s boys return to a full week of practice following their loss to Twin Lakes and dominate Jay County in a rebound win.   The next big test for the Patriots will be Sheridan and SV  in back to back weeks in October.    Can we make the Seeger-PH game happen?  Based on how crazy this season has been, it could happen   

RP 20 SV 48   The University of SV continues their streak in the 2020 season and beats an RP team coming off their loss to Attica.   The COVID effect is real and the Wildcats get the Panthers on a short week.   SV gets North Central next week as a tune up to Sullivan, followed by PH the next week    

Many teams are returning from either COVID off weeks or getting a full week of practice after a loss following a COVID quarantine.   How will they respond?  How will the Falcon respond?   And how many games will be canceled or rescheduled    Stay tuned   

NV 12, Covington 8

Wolfs 72, Tbirds 0

FC 18, Frontier 16

Herbies 42, Jay County 14

D1’s 68, RP 0

NV-Covington seems to be best game of the week in terms of competitiveness.  Someone has to win.  Purely a guess on FC, they could get waxed for all I know.  Jay County is a loooooong way from Seeger.  The bus ride will be too much.  The Wolfs will continue on a state record pace of 7 running clock games in a season.  The SV D1’s will be looking for all sorts of paybacks Saturday.  68 may be way too low of a total with the revenge factor and D1 athleticism in play.  

With Attica canceling on Seeger that makes for a potential interesting week 4 if the Ramblers don’t want to play the Wolfs either.  Who will the Wolfs get as a replacement?  I’ll bet it’s not any team that could be competitive with them...you can’t get state records playing in games where the other team has a pulse.  Time will only tell.  

Well it felt alittle more like football weather this week. Got a little chilly towards the end of the game. I’ll have to prepare better next week.

Down at North central the game ended the way most people expected. One thing I don’t think anyone expected was how sloppy the Wolves played tonight. Silly penalties, dropped passes, didn’t seem like their head was in the game. After a few mistakes they would make a a big play and all would be forgotten. 
So what do we think the reason could be. Couldn’t get motivated to play? Looking forward to a bigger game down the road? Undisciplined? Who knows. I do hope the wolves improve week after week. This team could be pretty good if the keep their head in it. The team is full of athletes and anyone of them can beat you on any given night. Just tonight was not a good performance. Sloppy sloppy sloppy

NC has good size on the line, not sure what they are feeding those boys. They have a couple hard runners that really came to life in the 4th quarter. Yes I know it was against the JV, but they still ran hard. 

looking forward to tomorrow’s game. Trying to decide if I want to go to SV or Seeger. 

anyone have any type of recap on the NV Covington game? 

Week 3 in the WRC is in the books.  At least 2 “expected” blowouts and probably 3.  Unexpected was Covington’s huge win over NV.  That win obviously shows the discrepancy between the top and even the middle of the WRC this year.  Looks like FC is in for another long year.  This has to be the lowest amount of talent ever in the history of WRC football.  That, or 2 of the teams are just that elite? 

Week 4 brings some interesting scenarios into play.  Rumor has it the D1’s have the Covid (and possibly knew this prior to playing today....shame on them) and could be out this week.  If they play it will be a whitewashing if the lowly Thunderbirds of NC.  Is Attica healthy enough to play the Wolfs?  If not, who do the Wolfs play?  Do they go for a game that may test them or do they go after someone that they can get records against?  I know what my vote is.  Looks like the Herbies will roll to another victory this week...too bad them and the Wolfs couldn’t hook up.  Trojans will flex their muscle against the struggling Stangs.  NV is probably hoping for Covid to either hit them again or Greene County.  Stay tuned folks, should be a wild week in the WRC.  

12 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

This conference is extremely weird. It's SV and Parke Heritage and then a big drop to Seeger then another huge drop to the rest of the conference. I'm looking forward to the PH/SV game in a few weeks. I may make the drive up there for that if it's played.

I thought you lived in Iowa, I swear to God I did 

1 hour ago, casualfan said:

PH is playing Carroll (Flora) this week.

Interesting.  I am sure it is rather difficult to find teams to play the week of a game so I will give the Wolfs a pass on this one.  At least this Carroll team can most likely walk and chew gum.  

On 9/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, wrcsage said:

Outside of a few teams (and we really know nothing about them since they’ve both beaten inferior opponents) is this the worst overall In terms of talent the WRC has ever been?

Yeah the conference seems to be down this year.  It seemed to be heading that way a couple of years ago.  Not that long ago, it was Fountain Central, North Vermillion, and Rockville battling for the conference title and all of them solid teams in class 1A.  I know Rockville consolidated so PH has more or less taken their place.  But to see Fountain Central AND North Vermillion both be winless after 3 games tells me something.  There will be times when you have several teams in a rebuild not to mention this crazy year with the virus affecting teams.  I get that.   Maybe after this year it will get better.  But this year, by all appearances, it is down.  South Vermillion and PH are the 2 teams carrying the conference this year.   Everyone else is just along for the ride. 

I would say that’s the only reason Moore picked that team. 

So is South Vermillion playing this week since the school is on virtual? Is it true SV knew this before they played Riverton? Hopefully not. 

Hope South Vermilion stays healthy so all their D1 athletes are at 100% when they play the Wolves. Should be a good game. Hope neither team has excuses.