Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 8

I did some research, because I like to use facts and not opinions to base my judgments.  A lot of people claim South Putnam is unbeatable in the sectional, but if you look at their record they haven't exactly been beating up on the world.  With the exception of West Vigo (5-2), their opponents have a W-L record of 12-30.  It will be a good measuring stick for PH this week since they picked up West Vigo to compare scores to SP & PH.  

This got me to thinking of all the Coach Moore haters out there, and I have a few questions.  Did he not leave Seeger for Fountain Central to be the athletic director?  Would this not be a step up and not a talent chase?  Was he not a head coach in 2009, 2010 & 2011?  Isn't FC his alma mater? (It is - he went to school with my cousin).  Then he takes a job at Lafayette Jeff.  Jeff was 9-53 in the 6 years before he became coach.  I would ask where was the talent to chase?  Of course they were in the Hoosier Crossroads until 2014, when they joined the North Central.  His first year at LJ they go 8-3, and even though he left (maybe didn't like the big school atmosphere?), LJ has consistently won since then.  So did he set them up for that success?  I'm not a hater or an admirer, but just thought there were some questions I'd like some answers for.  I know that is a difficult concept for some.

This week's games:

Parke Heritage over West Vigo - the Vikings will be a stronger test than Riverton Parke, but I think the Wolves are up to it.

Covington over Tri County - the Trojans are playing another Midwest Conference team this week, and they will be 2-0 in the MWC after defeating the Cavaliers.

North Vermillion over Fountain Central - the Falcons should handily defeat the Mustangs, who are playing more like Pintos this season.

Attica over South Newton - the Ramblers are also playing their second game in the Midwest Conf. this week, and even their MWC record at 1-1 by beating the Rebels.  The SN seniors have never won a varsity game in 4 years, so hopefully Attica doesn't allow them to break the streak.

South Vermillion over Seeger - enough with calling them the D1s.  That just ain't true.  The Wildcats will beat the Patriots in a basketball score.

Have a great rest of your week.  

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

This got me to thinking of all the Coach Moore haters out there, and I have a few questions.  Did he not leave Seeger for Fountain Central to be the athletic director?  Would this not be a step up and not a talent chase?  Was he not a head coach in 2009, 2010 & 2011?  Isn't FC his alma mater? (It is - he went to school with my cousin).  Then he takes a job at Lafayette Jeff.  Jeff was 9-53 in the 6 years before he became coach.  I would ask where was the talent to chase?  Of course they were in the Hoosier Crossroads until 2014, when they joined the North Central.  His first year at LJ they go 8-3, and even though he left (maybe didn't like the big school atmosphere?), LJ has consistently won since then.  So did he set them up for that success?  I'm not a hater or an admirer, but just thought there were some questions I'd like some answers for.  I know that is a difficult concept for some.

You and I seem to be in agreement Mr Ballhawk. Coach Brian Moore rightfully earned his place in the hall of fame by being a legendary football coach, not by chasing talent. Now I have a couple of questions for you.

1. What did Lafayette Jeff know that Seeger and Fountain Central didn't? Jeff was able to find a replacement for Moore that took their program to the next level following his departure. Seeger and Fountain Central both fell off the face of the earth following his departure. 

2. Do you prefer your fart sandwiches smooth or chunky?

3. If Parke Heritage becomes a bottom feeder after Coach Brian Moore leaves, does that prove that he is irreplaceable? If so, does that make Lafayette Jeff the Beyonce of Indiana high school football? Standing in the front yard telling me how I'm such a fool, talking bout how I'll never ever find a coach like you........You must not know bout me, you must not know bout me. I can have another coach in a minute, matter of fact he'll be here in a minute, baby.

• Haha 1

When is the last time a Coach Moore led team won anything of significance?   Something more than a sectional?  When they did advance to the regional during his most recent time at Fountain Central, as a head coach & assistant, they got lambasted.    Same stuff.....terrible defense, with no regard for having any type of defensive integrity.   If you don't believe me, go back and look up the scores.   Gashed. 

Fast forward to his time at Parke Heritage.....same stuff, terrible defense.  How can someone be considered so great, but not show any improvement on the defensive side of the ball in his 3 years there so far?  3 years?  Simple question.  Someone please answer it. 

Finally, I'm starting to think his success at Seeger can be attributed to the late and great Tom Cook.  Tom was his defensive coordinator.   Man, how I wish I could speak with Coach Cook. 

2 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

When is the last time a Coach Moore led team won anything of significance?   Something more than a sectional?  When they did advance to the regional during his most recent time at Fountain Central, as a head coach & assistant, they got lambasted.    Same stuff.....terrible defense, with no regard for having any type of defensive integrity.   If you don't believe me, go back and look up the scores.   Gashed. 

Fast forward to his time at Parke Heritage.....same stuff, terrible defense.  How can someone be considered so great, but not show any improvement on the defensive side of the ball in his 3 years there so far?  3 years?  Simple question.  Someone please answer it. 

Finally, I'm starting to think his success at Seeger can be attributed to the late and great Tom Cook.  Tom was his defensive coordinator.   Man, how I wish I could speak with Coach Cook. 

Also, just to note, when Coach Malone was at FC from 2009-2011, they didn't play stupid defense.  That was a great coaching staff top to bottom.  Moore was a part of that staff as well.  Not sure what has happened to his defensive approach, but it ain't good.

I'd be interested to hear Ron (OBF)'s view on Coach Moore and his success rate after almost 3 years at Parke Heritage.  Surely, PH doesn't think they can just out score everyone and win in the post season??  The defensive side of the ball has been neglected in a major way.  Did the riff between Batty, Kent, and Moore lead us to where we are today, as far as the defense is considered?  When Batty was the DC for Herb, the Rox played some defense.  Wolves play no D!

46 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

You and I seem to be in agreement Mr Ballhawk. Coach Brian Moore rightfully earned his place in the hall of fame by being a legendary football coach, not by chasing talent. Now I have a couple of questions for you.

1. What did Lafayette Jeff know that Seeger and Fountain Central didn't? Jeff was able to find a replacement for Moore that took their program to the next level following his departure. Seeger and Fountain Central both fell off the face of the earth following his departure. 

3. If Parke Heritage becomes a bottom feeder after Coach Brian Moore leaves, does that prove that he is irreplaceable? If so, does that make Lafayette Jeff the Beyonce of Indiana high school football? Standing in the front yard telling me how I'm such a fool, talking bout how I'll never ever find a coach like you........You must not know bout me, you must not know bout me. I can have another coach in a minute, matter of fact he'll be here in a minute, baby.

1. The big deal at Jeff was that they switched conferences. Not playing Fishers, Avon, Brownsburg, Zionsville, HSE has dramatically helped their win total. not so much in the post season.

2. Not chunky, too unpredictable.

3. PH is transitioning into a basketball school.  Football at PH will be a .500 team in the coming years.

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

1.  There's always a lot more $$$ at a 6A and plenty of "classes" available to teach.  I think that draws coaches who want the small college atmosphere and lighter class load of a 'football' school.  Jeff did benefit from the conference switch, that is for sure.  The HCC was and is a meat grinder and the Lafayette schools were the punching bag of the Hamilton, Hendricks and Boone County schools.

2.  None of the above thank you.

3.  C'mon man.  If you're Beyonce, there's always someone waiting to catch you when you fall.  Lafayette Jeff had the resources and talent and found a coach to build on that.  It's probably more coincidence, but you never know.  How many assistant coaches stayed at Jeff?

1 hour ago, CheapSeats said:

1. The big deal at Jeff was that they switched conferences. Not playing Fishers, Avon, Brownsburg, Zionsville, HSE has dramatically helped their win total. not so much in the post season.

2. Not chunky, too unpredictable.

3. PH is transitioning into a basketball school.  Football at PH will be a .500 team in the coming years.

Jeff was still getting beat by county Rivals at Harrison and McCutcheon. Now that is not the case.

Jeff had talent, they sent 3 D-1 Kids from a team that didn't win any games. The conference helped, but Moore also helped Jeff. He brought in both assistants who were OC and DC, and now the OC is the head coach and still has the DC.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

I'd be interested to hear Ron (OBF)'s view on Coach Moore and his success rate after almost 3 years at Parke Heritage.  Surely, PH doesn't think they can just out score everyone and win in the post season??  The defensive side of the ball has been neglected in a major way.  Did the riff between Batty, Kent, and Moore lead us to where we are today, as far as the defense is considered?  When Batty was the DC for Herb, the Rox played some defense.  Wolves play no D!

Haven’t really been a good defense for awhile in Parke Heritage/ Rockville. I would say it was Herbs defense that worked at Rockville, or Batty forgot how to coach D when he became head coach.

Points allowed under Batty as head coach last few years

17-18

21-34-57-65-35-42-41-54-40-8-40

16-17

40-20-34-39-57-44-42-38-56-55

15-16

48-14-40-30-6-45-54-58-46-15

issue I heard about Kent was he wanted to step in and be head coach. Doesn’t matter how much you think you know. Sometimes it’s better to sit back and listen. Is Kent coaching any places now? I know he was teaching at RP a couple years ago. He was a great football player, nice kid, but does he have the ability to develop a team? 

Just for fun do you think PH would of had better success under someone other then Moore? Base this on the candidates they would be getting after going 4-17 the previous 2 years. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Haven’t really been a good defense for awhile in Parke Heritage/ Rockville. I would say it was Herbs defense that worked at Rockville, or Batty forgot how to coach D when he became head coach.

Points allowed under Batty as head coach last few years

17-18

21-34-57-65-35-42-41-54-40-8-40

16-17

40-20-34-39-57-44-42-38-56-55

15-16

48-14-40-30-6-45-54-58-46-15

issue I heard about Kent was he wanted to step in and be head coach. Doesn’t matter how much you think you know. Sometimes it’s better to sit back and listen. Is Kent coaching any places now? I know he was teaching at RP a couple years ago. He was a great football player, nice kid, but does he have the ability to develop a team? 

Just for fun do you think PH would of had better success under someone other then Moore? Base this on the candidates they would be getting after going 4-17 the previous 2 years. 

No, I don't think PH would have had better success under someone other than Moore.   He is a good coach, not great in my opinion, despite his record, as some would suggest on here.  Mark of a great coach or having a great staff is whenever you can win games you aren't suppose to.  When is the last time he has done that?  Another simple question....

7 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The 3 seasons AM (after Moores) FC went 11-2,11-2,8-3 beat North Vermillions twice (something Moores didn’t do until Crabtrees had his worst NV team) and won 2 sectionals. Looks like they figured something out. I swear to God they did.

11 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Yeah, it is amazing when you look at a map and can look at an address and assign a kid to a team. Pretty crazy process. Little League has only been doing it for like 100 years. Give it up Ron. 

Lol. What’s your name keyboard warrior? 

I gave Bobby a call at the boys and girls club this eve (boys and girls club merged Their league with the wabash valley sports center league) and there is six 3-4 grade teams and Seven 5-6 grade teams participating. Even though it is done by location, the lines move according to what kid needs to play where to make each team competitive. (Great idea really) So like I said, they are beating Terre haute teams that have the good athletes scattered around. If RP wins a sectional in the next 10 years I will donate 25% years salary to get them some new bleachers and I’ll buy every person in Mecca a nice cold beer at coach sanders establishment. Even you bear. 

The talent chaser theory... 

how many schools has Moore been to? 

how many schools has crabtree been to? 

how about herb? 

Barrett? 

crabtree could be coaching at any level he wants, if he puts himself in the next tax bracket by going to a school that is way bigger, more talent, better facilities, more opportunities, is he tasing talent or making a good move? 

bad coaches don’t get the opportunity to coach at multiple places. 

8 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

After Rockville had its worst season in 50 years and Turkey Run was turkey run the fair weather fan is “content” with winning This amount of games but obviously not pleased and believe they should have won the sectional last year. I would say the community is ready to win some hardware and anything short of a sectional title will be a huge disappointment. As I have stated before this program hasn’t been anything but mediocre since we haven’t won a title.  He has been great with these kids if that counts for anything as well. They love him. 

I don’t think there was ever a “riff” between Moore and Batty. Sometimes assistants that are ready to be first time head coaches don’t like to do what’s asked and be a sidekick, smart comments and poor body language coming from an assistant to a head coach is a quick way to hurt a program. That was my view on it from the stands. Would love to see Batty back on the sidelines and as far as I know J Batty and Moore still have a Solid relationship. 

ive been asked 50 times why the wolves can’t stop anyone. Is it scheme? Mentality? Or do these teams not have hard nosed kids? It’s obvious they have athletes but O and D are completely different animals. 

When is the sectional draw? 

4 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

After Rockville had its worst season in 50 years and Turkey Run was turkey run the fair weather fan is “content” with winning This amount of games but obviously not pleased and believe they should have won the sectional last year. I would say the community is ready to win some hardware and anything short of a sectional title will be a huge disappointment. As I have stated before this program hasn’t been anything but mediocre since we haven’t won a title.  He has been great with these kids if that counts for anything as well. They love him. 

I don’t think there was ever a “riff” between Moore and Batty. Sometimes assistants that are ready to be first time head coaches don’t like to do what’s asked and be a sidekick, smart comments and poor body language coming from an assistant to a head coach is a quick way to hurt a program. That was my view on it from the stands. Would love to see Batty back on the sidelines and as far as I know J Batty and Moore still have a Solid relationship. 

ive been asked 50 times why the wolves can’t stop anyone. Is it scheme? Mentality? Or do these teams not have hard nosed kids? It’s obvious they have athletes but O and D are completely different animals. 

When is the sectional draw? 

Draw is tomorrow night. 
Athletes can play defense if they’re coached. 

Damn I don’t know which post to comment on. 

My opinion on the Wolves defense is you have the same athletes playing both ways. It feels like to me they are “taking a break” on defense so they are fresh on offense.  Would be nice to have a few younger players that could step up and fill in on defense and make an impact or atleast feel a hole.  I’m not sure the wolves have any players that truly like to hit anyone. Back in years past you would have kids that didn’t care about offense they just wanted to hit someone. That how’s for other teams also, not just the Wolves 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Damn I don’t know which post to comment on. 

My opinion on the Wolves defense is you have the same athletes playing both ways. It feels like to me they are “taking a break” on defense so they are fresh on offense.  Would be nice to have a few younger players that could step up and fill in on defense and make an impact or atleast feel a hole.  I’m not sure the wolves have any players that truly like to hit anyone. Back in years past you would have kids that didn’t care about offense they just wanted to hit someone. That how’s for other teams also, not just the Wolves 

Apparently the quote I was told was true “we have a lot of athletes but not many football players”.  Make sense. 

hows Lopez doing at his new school? Can’t find where he went 

Edited by Oldbleacherfan
Typo