Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Trevor Lawrence

Gipper

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

BC looks way better once they got rid of that slap......  who already is in trouble at Colorado state....  

Tough to pull it out on the road...  good effort

That slap is Steve Addazio. Part of the Urban Meyer coaching tree. 🤔 

32 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Dabo has announced that Lawrence is out for the trip to Notre Dame. No problem. We’ll settle his hash in the ACC Championship game.

So the series will be split this year?

If they play Saturday and ND wins, do they jump ahead of Clemson?

It's unfortunate that Trevor Lawrence isn't going to play, but that news along with stud DE Xavier Thomas missing the first half for targeting gives ND a better chance to win. ACC football is not very good, ND has the best defense Clemson will have seen and Clemson is by far the best team ND will have seen. But as much as I've been anticipating this weekend's game, the only game that will matter will be the game in December. If ND doesn't slip up (BC, NC) these 2 teams should meet in the ACC championship with the winner moving to the playoffs. By then I'm sure Clemson will be at full strength. ND has a great defense and a solid running game along with offensive line, but the passing game is what makes me worried. Clemson is just on another level, and when they lose players they have a backup 5 start QB and a backup 5 star DL to replace them with. You'd think at some point ND will win a "big" game (Miami, Michigan, Georgia, Clemson, Alabama) and I hope Saturday is it, there's a lot going in ND's favor. But it's Tuesday and who knows what will happen between now and then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

It's unfortunate that Trevor Lawrence isn't going to play, but that news along with stud DE Xavier Thomas missing the first half for targeting gives ND a better chance to win. ACC football is not very good, ND has the best defense Clemson will have seen and Clemson is by far the best team ND will have seen. But as much as I've been anticipating this weekend's game, the only game that will matter will be the game in December. If ND doesn't slip up (BC, NC) these 2 teams should meet in the ACC championship with the winner moving to the playoffs. By then I'm sure Clemson will be at full strength. ND has a great defense and a solid running game along with offensive line, but the passing game is what makes me worried. Clemson is just on another level, and when they lose players they have a backup 5 start QB and a backup 5 star DL to replace them with. You'd think at some point ND will win a "big" game (Miami, Michigan, Georgia, Clemson, Alabama) and I hope Saturday is it, there's a lot going in ND's favor. But it's Tuesday and who knows what will happen between now and then. 

We could sure use some good old-fashioned South Bend November weather to greet those boys from South Carolina. But it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bobref said:

We could sure use some good old-fashioned South Bend November weather to greet those boys from South Carolina. But it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

I got to see my first ND usc game in person last season....Mike Collins has been great on the PA for so many years, but LOVED hearing the weather report, followed by "Trojan fans, you are NOT in Southern California". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2020 at 8:30 PM, DE said:

No it's not.  He will play.

So far, strike one against me.  LOL.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:19 AM, DE said:

Looking into my crystal ball.  Lawrence plays and Clemson plays OR if he can not, Clemson does not play that week.

My crystal ball must have been from Oregonian "crystal", because it sure was murky.

Strike 2!

On 11/3/2020 at 12:48 PM, Bobref said:

Did you forget your alumni gifts?  What IS this November weather?  😉

21 minutes ago, DE said:

So far, strike one against me.  LOL.

My crystal ball must have been from Oregonian "crystal", because it sure was murky.

Strike 2!

Did you forget your alumni gifts?  What IS this November weather?  😉

Summer weather and no full house. What a crappy home field advantage this turned out to be!