Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Trevor Lawrence

Gipper

He’s required to isolate 10 days before he can practice. That means he’ll miss their game against Boston College this weekend. His status is uncertain for the big one at Notre Dame Nov. 7.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30219908/trevor-lawrence-positive-covid-19-miss-boston-college-clemson

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

He’s required to isolate 10 days before he can practice. That means he’ll miss their game against Boston College this weekend. His status is uncertain for the big one at Notre Dame Nov. 7.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30219908/trevor-lawrence-positive-covid-19-miss-boston-college-clemson

No it's not.  He will play.

28 minutes ago, DE said:

No it's not.  He will play.

I’m sure if there’s any way he can play, he will. But the ACC policy says “at least” 10 days, and he does have symptoms.

“The rules established by the ACC's medical advisory group require anyone testing positive for COVID-19 to isolate for at least 10 days after the test before returning to practice, assuming they no longer are showing symptoms. That would also put Lawrence at risk for missing the Nov. 7 showdown with No. 4 Notre Dame.“ (emphasis supplied.)

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

I’m sure if there’s any way he can play, he will. But the ACC policy says “at least” 10 days, and he does have symptoms.

“The rules established by the ACC's medical advisory group require anyone testing positive for COVID-19 to isolate for at least 10 days after the test before returning to practice, assuming they no longer are showing symptoms. That would also put Lawrence at risk for missing the Nov. 7 showdown with No. 4 Notre Dame.“ (emphasis supplied.)

Looking into my crystal ball.  Lawrence plays and Clemson plays OR if he can not, Clemson does not play that week.

19 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Thier 5 star Freshman QB will be just fine tomorrow and when they play ND as well 

Which one?  They have a better QB room than most NFL teams.

36 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Because ACC protocol won’t allow it ... at least, not without multiple additional positives. I think Dabo is the south end of a northbound horse, but he would never allow that to happen.

Bingo.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Because ACC protocol won’t allow it ... at least, not without multiple additional positives. I think Dabo is the south end of a northbound horse, but he would never allow that to happen.

Great analogy!

Wasn’t TL so adamant about having a season?  In other news, I hear the Purdue-Illinois game may not take place.

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

I withdraw that, uncool of me.

And didn’t realize what you were referencing until now.

Again, DE, sorry for being such an idiot.  We were talking about two different things, and as a numbers geek, my comprehension of the written word ain’t so good.

6 hours ago, Gipper said:

Again, DE, sorry for being such an idiot.  We were talking about two different things, and as a numbers geek, my comprehension of the written word ain’t so good.

Man. Zero worries. 👍 

• Like 1