Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

On 9/9/2021 at 6:52 AM, Maynard111 said:

Pizza Shack Update... will now be called "The Shack"
The building is undergoing a to the bones renovation.  The old awning facade will come off that covers the upstairs windows so that space can become a lounge. 
The menu will be expanded to include grill items, the pizza and salad bar will remain.

The new owners have extensive experience in the restaurant and food truck business, this is no rookie effort to revive a business. 

Here's a link to their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/TheShackofTipton/

May be an image of indoor

New pizza box design.

May be an image of text

Update on the continuing saga of the Pizza Shack conversion to The Shack is an article in the Kokomo Tribune. Thanks to Carson Gerber for the write up.

Business partners renovating Tipton's Pizza Shack

Cicero restaurant owners aim to bring something new, but familiar, to iconic pizzeria

https://www.kokomotribune.com/news/business-partners-renovating-tiptons-pizza-shack/article_1d77f704-1bb6-11ec-9af0-83b0b669a94c.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social 

15 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Weather sure changed near Western... COLD and WET !  Anyone else gettin' in on this ?

I'm only outside for a half tonight and then headed to a volleyball tournament for the weekend ... an indoor one, so weather will be less of a concern for me this weekend.  Not so much for my son who suits for both JV and varsity and heads on the road to Muncie tomorrow.  "Luckily" they got to practice in the rain and cold earlier this week.

He told me that he'd rather play in extreme heat rather than wet and cold.  I informed him that there are very few extreme heat games in Indiana that end your season, but plenty of wet, cold ones that are the last one of the season for half the teams on a weekend.  Of course, I said it with a smugness knowing that I was going to be indoors this weekend. 😀

snoot 124   21
Fballfan15 119   26
Sailors 114   31
FarmerFran 113   32
LC_Bears_04 111   34
foxbat 109   36
Coach Durham 108   37
footballer_02 107   38
skeeterman 106   39
Mod22 106   39
Ducks82 105   40
WarriorBrocho77 103   42
CoachAnderson 101   44
nmsu_aggie 101   44
DonnieBaker 100   45
gonzoron 97   48
BACKSIDEBELLY 96   49
WCGrad92 95   50
CamB31 82   63
CoachSnyder 78   67
Muda69 76   69
AllGasNoSectionals 54   91
Obi-Wan 29   116
Coach_MarkBrown 11   134

On 9/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, gonzoron said:

Just don't let Twin Lakes past midfield. Kicker nailed a 55 yard FG last night. Very impressive punting as well.

That's probably Rule #1 in most DC's handbooks. 😀

7 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It's that weekend already?  Man, the season has gone by quickly.

Yep, I gotta get my dog walk in to Tipton County before Friday. It's gonna take a little longer this year because they built some houses and took away my direct route from the back yard. It's a short detour, though. His gift from last year has worn out its welcome, needs a little refreshing.

dog poop.jpg

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yep, Tipton fans are mostly turds.  I remember the days when they played Frankfort and the FHS team bus got pelted with frozen hot dogs as it was leaving Tipton.

Is that why they stayed home last week? Stars are really, really hot.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Good thing it wasn't the Clinton Prairie Gophers.  In addition to being messy, it would just be downright cruel pelting a bus with live gophers. 😀

Don't forget to tip your waiter!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Something about a player testing positive for Covid-19 resulting in something like half the team getting contact traced.  A couple other FHS teams (IIRC Tennis and Soccer) had the same thing happen last week as well.

That said Western Boone got their easy homecoming anyway by scheduling an equally moribund Hammond Central team.

On 10/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, gonzoron said:

First time I’ve seen high school instant replay utilized here at Tipton. Incomplete pass call overturned by Tipton sideline. Tipton keeps drive alive and scores. Tipton 7, Hamilton Heights 0 4:30 2nd

On 10/1/2021 at 8:17 PM, Fballfan15 said:

Happened right in front of me. He caught it and 5 seconds later lost it diving for a first down. If it stayed incomplete, you might have seen me on the field

On 10/1/2021 at 8:53 PM, gonzoron said:

I know. But they did it without a replay board. Ref right at the play signaled incomplete, then later the call was changed.

Brought this from scores thread cause it confused me and in case some missed it.

I've seen refs on top of the play miss calls several times(who hasn't) and a ref further from the play come in and correct it but what really confused me the most is the catch and 5 seconds later lost it.... seems like a lifetime to have possession AND the ref not see it !

I assume Gonzo was on other side of field unless he was sitting with all his Tipton buds, so he has to rely on ref to get it right cause he probalbly didn't see it(didn't say he seen it).

Anyone else see the play ?(I assume Maynard was on the sticks so probably didn't get good view)  Video ?

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

Brought this from scores thread cause it confused me and in case some missed it.

I've seen refs on top of the play miss calls several times(who hasn't) and a ref further from the play come in and correct it but what really confused me the most is the catch and 5 seconds later lost it.... seems like a lifetime to have possession AND the ref not see it !

I assume Gonzo was on other side of field unless he was sitting with all his Tipton buds, so he has to rely on ref to get it right cause he probalbly didn't see it(didn't say he seen it).

Anyone else see the play ?(I assume Maynard was on the sticks so probably didn't get good view)  Video ?

Looked like a catch with a couple of steps and dropped it on the unnecessary reach. But I was wearing wearing my blue tinted glasses Friday night and it was straight across the field with players in the way a little.
Tipton video is from upstairs so sideline players might block the view. Heights uses an end zone camera so maybe they have a better view. would like to see it.

2 minutes ago, Maynard111 said:

Looked like a catch with a couple of steps and dropped it on the unnecessary reach. But I was wearing wearing my blue tinted glasses Friday night and it was straight across the field with players in the way a little.
Tipton video is from upstairs so sideline players might block the view. Heights uses an end zone camera so maybe they have a better view. would like to see it.

This play ultimately did not change the outcome of the game, so there was really no need for anyone to continue a discussion of it. I think dazed and confused must be the guy they ejected after the infamous 'tackle on the track'. I know he has an unhealthy hatred of anything Hamilton Heights. 

6 hours ago, Badger718 said:

Hey Gonz, Stop pooping in my yard! 🙂

Sorry, it's become a tradition. And, unlike orange paint, it's biodegradeable!

6 hours ago, Badger718 said:

Good luck to the Huskies the rest of this year.

Same to the Blue Devils.