Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL 2021 Season

Bobref

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Too many people get captured by the moment.  Recency bias would take over the award and the 17 game regular season would be forgotten.

The Heisman is also awarded prior to the bowl season.  Allows for a level playing field.

Agreed. 

12 hours ago, temptation said:

Perfect example of recency bias.  3 bad hours doesn’t eliminate 17 weeks (or 15.5 in Rodgers’ case) of great play.

It’s called humor….lighten up Francis

Then again, it could be a reason why the post season should count. He didn’t look like a MVP against the 49ers at home 

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

It’s called humor….lighten up Francis

Then again, it could be a reason why the post season should count. He didn’t look like a MVP against the 49ers at home 

I’m light, don’t worry.

So, in theory a guy that has a great regular season but whose team misses the playoffs would have an advantage because we are going to punish Rogers for a playoff performance?  Just doesn’t make sense.

Well, it’s just my opinion, but I think what makes sense is for the season’s MVP to be judged on the entire season’s body of work. We’ll put our best scientists to work solving the dreaded “recency bias” issue. Maybe hypnosis, some combination of drugs, I don’t know. But I’m confident that, somehow, we can overcome it together.

37 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Well, it’s just my opinion, but I think what makes sense is for the season’s MVP to be judged on the entire season’s body of work. We’ll put our best scientists to work solving the dreaded “recency bias” issue. Maybe hypnosis, some combination of drugs, I don’t know. But I’m confident that, somehow, we can overcome it together.

As long as Fauci is nowhere near this or beagles, I’m good. 

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

image.thumb.png.d45956e8bb703a18857d77b3a8ce8272.png😂🤣😅

Name YOUR qb Bob. My bet is Rodgers has more SB ring/s than him. Unless your qb is Nick Foles, then well, we have an issue. 

• Sit and spin 1

38 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The “quality” of those voting was exposed earlier this year when Hub Arkush spoke out of his ass.  It’s no different than baseball writers’ joke of voting to determine the hall of fame inductees.

We can no longer give people the benefit of the doubt as the media is more unreliable than its ever been.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

The “quality” of those voting was exposed earlier this year when Hub Arkush spoke out of his ass.  It’s no different than baseball writers’ joke of voting to determine the hall of fame inductees.

We can no longer give people the benefit of the doubt as the media is more unreliable than its ever been.

Interesting viewpoint, and one I’m more in sync with than you might think. But not really responsive to the subject at hand.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

What about letting all 32 coaches vote?

I don’t particularly care what the method is … within reason. I think coaches’ voting is problematic. There’s only 32 of them, so even a small block working together to promote .. or blackball … someone, can skew the vote. How do the other sports do it? Isn’t baseball also media?

Edited by Bobref

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I don’t particularly care what the method is … within reason. I think coaches’ voting is problematic. There’s only 32 of them, so even a small block working together to promote .. or blackball … someone, can skew the vote. How do the other sports do it? Isn’t baseball also media?

The never ending fence, balancing act is quite impressive.  

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Well, there are only 50 voters anyway.

Rodgers received 39, Brady 10 and Kupp one.

I’ll take 32 head coaches who know the game in an instant over 50 “sportswriters” or whatever they are calling themselves these days.

Yes, baseball’s writers vote.  It’s the most hypocritical joke out there.  Guys don’t get “first ballot” hall of fame votes due to hurt feelings and comparisons to previous generations.  If a guy is a hall of famer, why should he have to wait an additional 2-3 years to get the required percentage of the vote?

And don’t even get me started on the steroid guys…

Just now, temptation said:

Well, there are only 50 voters anyway.

Rodgers received 39, Brady 10 and Kupp one.

I’ll take 32 head coaches who know the game in an instant over 50 “sportswriters” or whatever they are calling themselves these days.

Yes, baseball’s writers vote.  It’s the most hypocritical joke out there.  Guys don’t get “first ballot” hall of fame votes due to hurt feelings and comparisons to previous generations.  If a guy is a hall of famer, why should he have to wait an additional 2-3 years to get the required percentage of the vote?

And don’t even get me started on the steroid guys…

How about all the coaches and players?  Wouldn't they know best?  

I am personally not a fan of jock sniffing sportswriters....and they blackball more people than anyone....plus are biased toward regional candidates.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

How about all the coaches and players?  Wouldn't they know best?  

I am personally not a fan of jock sniffing sportswriters....and they blackball more people than anyone....plus are biased toward regional candidates.

I could get on board with this.