Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Warren Central

9 hours ago, gaby said:

I'm sure he is, I just saw where Avon is #12 in 6A, and I just don't see it.  McCray at RB is good, Norocea at DT is good, sophomore QB Reynolds will be good, Hall is WR is good, but nowhere near the depth needed to compete.  Might regret not working harder to keep all those kids from going to Danville.  

Can you please elaborate on the Avon to Danville migration?

21 hours ago, DT said:

Can you please elaborate on the Avon to Danville migration?

At least 6 seniors that played youth football (and lived) in Avon that will be starters for Danville this fall.  5 of the 6 were enrolled at Avon as freshmen.

They are all good enough to start for Avon, and are probably a pretty big reason Danville is #1 preseason in 3A.  Along with prominent players from Plainfield and Cascade.

Recruiting?  I don’t think so.  Open enrollment and kids seeing an opportunity at an improving program and taking advantage?  That’s how I see it.  Just a better fit for some kids.  Mega schools aren’t for everyone.

Think of it like a Lake Central kid ending up at Griffith or Highland.  About the same distances.

1 hour ago, gaby said:

At least 6 seniors that played youth football (and lived) in Avon that will be starters for Danville this fall.  5 of the 6 were enrolled at Avon as freshmen.

They are all good enough to start for Avon, and are probably a pretty big reason Danville is #1 preseason in 3A.  Along with prominent players from Plainfield and Cascade.

Recruiting?  I don’t think so.  Open enrollment and kids seeing an opportunity at an improving program and taking advantage?  That’s how I see it.  Just a better fit for some kids.  Mega schools aren’t for everyone.

Think of it like a Lake Central kid ending up at Griffith or Highland.  About the same distances.

Thanks for the explanation.  Not a good sign for Avon.  

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Not a good sign for Avon.  

No.  Didn’t even mention one of Cathedral’s leading tacklers was at Avon as a freshman as well.  It’s crazy to think of the talent that could be on the field for the Orioles.

28 minutes ago, Jon said:

Will CG be that team with a bunch of individuals that does not come together as a team and end up with less than successful game/season?  From a couple of interviews that Moore gave it is one of his concerns  this season .

I dought this happenes. Coach Moore will not let it happen. 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, gaby said:

I mean, I have no inside info on this, but I don't doubt it.  It's probably true to a certain extent at a lot of mega schools. Whether they are good enough to start at Avon or not, is debatable. But, they certainly would have been a positive on the depth chart. I know there have been Wayne Township students (Ben Davis) that have and do play for Avon. Brownsburg players transferring to Center Grove. All have different reasons, but open enrollment will see these results.

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I mean, I have no inside info on this, but I don't doubt it.  It's probably true to a certain extent at a lot of mega schools. Whether they are good enough to start at Avon or not, is debatable. But, they certainly would have been a positive on the depth chart. I know there have been Wayne Township students (Ben Davis) that have and do play for Avon. Brownsburg players transferring to Center Grove. All have different reasons, but open enrollment will see these results.

Having watched these kids play (and coaching some of them) since 2nd grade, I have zero doubt they would all start.  And you are correct, it’s everywhere.  Curry at CG started out in Whiteland (before high school), Carroll at CG was at Brownsburg last year, Owen Wood at Cathedral was in the CG system at one point, just a fact that kids can be transient.  We are certainly seeing it more in college with the transfer portal.

Edited by gaby

20 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Center Grove with a 38-14 victory over Warren this evening. Hard fought game by both teams. CG just has so many weapons to throw at you it's scary. 

Dominated both lines of scrimmage all night.  Game took 3 hours.  Every time I looked up, a Warren player was on the ground.

Looks like Warren Central has taken a backseat to Center Grove for the foreseeable future.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:44 AM, Warren Central Warrior said:

What's good GID. I'm finally back after a year long hiatus and I'm ready for some high school football. The defending Class 6A champions Center Grove Trojans travel to Warren Central to take on the Warriors. Center Grove ran the tables en route to its 3rd state title in the last two decades. Warren Central struggled to its first losing season in eight years with a 4-6 finish. The Warriors return much of their team from last year and the Trojans have heavily favored to do something that hasn't been done since 2006. Repeat as state champions. This is a great match up and I would like your opinions on who you all think will win. My prediction: the Warriors pull a 2016 and upset the defending champs in a close game 27-24.

Rise up Warriors!!!

I'm apparently a dumbass. Completely forgot about Center Grove's defense. I know I said Warren Central would win. But after looking at the Trojans, there's no way the Warriors are winning this game. Revised prediction: CG 35 WC 14.

9 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Looks like Warren Central has taken a backseat to Center Grove for the foreseeable future.

I'm apparently a dumbass. Completely forgot about Center Grove's defense. I know I said Warren Central would win. But after looking at the Trojans, there's no way the Warriors are winning this game. Revised prediction: CG 35 WC 14.

I know one week is not much of an indication but I firmly think Warren has still cemented themselves as “the best of the rest” in the MIC.

I foresee them running the table through the Carmel game.

Center Grove is going to do that to a lot of teams.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I know one week is not much of an indication but I firmly think Warren has still cemented themselves as “the best of the rest” in the MIC.

I foresee them running the table through the Carmel game.

Center Grove is going to do that to a lot of teams.  

So you're saying the Warriors have a chance?

2 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

So you're saying the Warriors have a chance?

The postseason will be a different story, but same outcome.  Closer I’m betting.

I don’t see the Warriors quitting on Kirschner, though their receiving core did a few times last night.

Don’t really see them being beaten by anyone prior to Carmel unless they have an off night.

Edited by temptation