Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame vs. Navy

Bobref

9 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Good for him! I foolishly assumed he was a Purdue lock and was disappointed when he committed to Notre Dame. I also remember folks around Indy complaining a kid from Pioneer won Mr. Football. Nice to see he's having success at ND.

People, particularly those in Indy are STILL salty about the 2018 Mr. Football voting.

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

People, particularly those in Indy are STILL salty about the 2018 Mr. Football voting.

Which is probably fair. I just had to laugh at the idiots who thought someone from Pioneer, with an ND offer, couldn't play in the MIC. I just took a look at the 247 Top 10 from Indiana in that class:

1. Karlaftis: Beast. Definitive NFL Draft Pick
  2. Bell: Same as above
  3. James: Major Bust. Likely never fully recovered from leg injury at Avon
  4. Beau Robbins: No idea how he's faired at IU without looking it up
  5. Cameron Williams: Same as Robbins
  6. Tippman: No idea how he's faired at Wisconsin
  7. Kiser

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Which is probably fair. I just had to laugh at the idiots who thought someone from Pioneer, with an ND offer, couldn't play in the MIC. I just took a look at the 247 Top 10 from Indiana in that class:

1. Karlaftis: Beast. Definitive NFL Draft Pick
  2. Bell: Same as above
  3. James: Major Bust. Likely never fully recovered from leg injury at Avon
  4. Beau Robbins: No idea how he's faired at IU without looking it up
  5. Cameron Williams: Same as Robbins
  6. Tippman: No idea how he's faired at Wisconsin
  7. Kiser

Once the MIC slappies feel offended, there's blood in the water.  

Edited by temptation

I appreciate the history of this rivalry, but as a fan, it has consistently been one of the most frustrating games to watch. At this level, the option should not be as difficult to defend as it is. Just looks like guys are trying to find the ball, rather than just attacking their responsibility. Lou Holtz teams actually seemed to defend these teams really well. 
That said, credit goes to the coaches at Navy for getting them to execute so well in this game. Just wish they could do it more consistently against their schedule. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I hope all stayed tune for the dual alma maters.  That's what this series is all about, genuine respect.

That is one of the unique things about this game. No one left the stadium, and you could have heard a pin drop. A stirring sight, to be sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

That is one of the unique things about this game. No one left the stadium, and you could have heard a pin drop. A stirring sight, to be sure.

I have video of the players of both teams assembled in front of the midshipmen, singing the Navy alma mater. Unfortunately when I tried to post it here, I got the message that the file was too big. Here’s a shorter one of the flyover by 3 Marine F-18s.

https://www.facebook.com/don.vistine/videos/226380172919350/

On 11/7/2021 at 9:10 AM, Bobref said:

I sure enjoyed watching in on TV.  Incredible.

A big salute to the Army Black Knights in their hard fought win against the Air Force Academy in OT.  Army will retain the Commander-in-Chief's trophy regardless of the outcome of the Army/Navy game in December.  (Army's 4th in the last 5 years)  

• Like 1