Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A East Central at Memorial

42 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Looks like Sam Ringer is out for EC.  Sr. SS on D and ran some wildcat QB against Roncalli for 2 TDs.

Major loss for EC, seemed like he played a big role on their defense too. Sucks getting another injury after your junior season, from what I heard. Hope he recovers well!

Just now, Screagle said:

?

He tore his ACL or messed up something in his leg. It looked really bad watching their game last week.

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

Looks like Sam Ringer is out for EC.  Sr. SS on D and ran some wildcat QB against Roncalli for 2 TDs.

Tough deal this time of year. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. 

2018 Memorial lost one of our best players during sectionals. IMO the best CB in the Siac that year. That injury IMO cost us back to back state titles. We were burned 3 times for 80 plus yard TD passes vs WL. We can say next man up but eventual the backup gets exposed. 

17 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Looks like it was on a fake punt when they were up 28-0 in the 4th.

He is their punter too.  Special teams are so important at this point in the season.

That will be interesting, since it’s suppose to be windy, same thing goes with us too.  

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

Looks like it was on a fake punt when they were up 28-0 in the 4th.

He is their punter too.  Special teams are so important at this point in the season.

The sad part is that it was not a called fake punt by the coaching staff. Sam made a read and took off. He actually injured his leg during wrestling season and beat the timeline to make it back for this season. He is a great young man. 

Losing Sam is definately a hit to the secondary but I think EC will be ok. They have plenty of experience back there as they start all seniors in the secondary. Sam has not run as much wildcat in recent weeks now that Josh Ringer is back. 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:45 AM, Lysander said:

Tango - no disrespect intended.  You guys absolutely kicked the @ss of an AWFULLY good team.  In no way shape or form I can’t and won’t diminish that “whoopin” (stated as a Franklin County person with a certain crimson neck).

Jeez, whatever folks might want to say about Chatard, they’ve never went up to the next class (4A) and won the Blue ring….only Evansville Memorial has pulled that off as regards 3A moving to 4A….and it’s a damn small  number of teams they have joined in doing so in any class (Cathedral, Columbus East and New Palestine).

I think we also need to recognize that Memorial is just barely a 3A team to start with as regards enrollment.  

Heck no Lysander. I wasn't meaning to infer that at all.  I remember seeing that the 2018s had beaten Cathedral and thinking "uh oh". And that was one of the strangest games I've ever seen.  Nothing went right for BC.    

We are still below 600, but our enrollment has increased this year for the first time in a while.  We have a new President in charge who is solid and we seem to be making some inroads in attracting some kids from outside of the feeder schools.  Had several play on our MS teams this fall.  

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

The game will NOT be lived streamed on Saturday per Memorial’s FB page

Audio stream only.

East Central's Overall Season

Offense: 

Passing: 136 YPG 0.612 CP% 

Rushing: 220 YPG 6.2 YPC  

Total: 356 YPG/ 40 PPG

Defense: 

Passing (allowed): 123 YPG 

Rushing (allowed): 99 YPG 

Total: 222 YPG/ 14.0 PPG 

Sectional Championship recap: 

East Central does their East Central thing and dominates the game right off the back. Scoring 21 points in the 1st Quarter, and beating Martinsville 37-7. EC QB Cole Burton had himself a night, going 10/11 136 yards and 2TD passes to WR JR. Aston. However, EC dominated the run game the entire night nearly having 300 rushing yards, with Soph Josh Ringer going for 116 yards and starting where he left off in the sectionals. Defensively, did really well only giving up 1 score to Martinsville and gathering 5 TFL and 4 PDs. Unfortunately for East Central, Senior Starter Defensive/Punter Sam Ringer left the game in the early 4th quarter after a fake punt, we wish him the best in the future. With a regional championship on the line and a potential rematch with Roncalli. EC will be coming out hot Saturday, against their newest Evansville team in the Memorial Tigers at Enlow! 

8 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

My pick: East Central by 9

Wouldn’t be surprised if EC or Memorial wins the game. Just think EC is better than Memorial, anything can happen in the confines of Enlow. Good luck Trojans, Saturday will be rocking! 

I think a lot will depend on how well Memorial can run the ball.

Memorial RBs look like they can play, but the numbers were quite modest in the two losses.   

4 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

I think a lot will depend on how well Memorial can run the ball.

Memorial RBs look like they can play, but the numbers were quite modest in the two losses.   

Tyler ran pretty well against Jasper, had like 95 yards and a TD (in Memorial terms), but we struggled to keep away Jasper. The Castle game, all types of troubles, can’t make an excuse for that.

Brody out vs Jasper L  and Castle natural grass in a rain and wind storm.  

But yes, if we can’t run the ball…game over  QB is a nice player but we have no chance if we rely on the pass  

Hopefully the Tigers can compete up front on both sides  

2 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Brody out vs Jasper L  and Castle natural grass in a rain and wind storm.  

But yes, if we can’t run the ball…game over  QB is a nice player but we have no chance if we rely on the pass  

Hopefully the Tigers can compete up front on both sides  

All good points, I would watch out for the Punting game on Saturday. Could get interesting, but the younger Ringer Brother does appear to punt it far.

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

East Central's Overall Season

Offense: 

Passing: 136 YPG 0.612 CP% 

Rushing: 220 YPG 6.2 YPC  

Total: 356 YPG/ 40 PPG

Defense: 

Passing (allowed): 123 YPG 

Rushing (allowed): 99 YPG 

Total: 222 YPG/ 14.0 PPG 

Sectional Championship recap: 

East Central does their East Central thing and dominates the game right off the back. Scoring 21 points in the 1st Quarter, and beating Martinsville 37-7. EC QB Cole Burton had himself a night, going 10/11 136 yards and 2TD passes to WR JR. Aston. However, EC dominated the run game the entire night nearly having 300 rushing yards, with Soph Josh Ringer going for 116 yards and starting where he left off in the sectionals. Defensively, did really well only giving up 1 score to Martinsville and gathering 5 TFL and 4 PDs. Unfortunately for East Central, Senior Starter Defensive/Punter Sam Ringer left the game in the early 4th quarter after a fake punt, we wish him the best in the future. With a regional championship on the line and a potential rematch with Roncalli. EC will be coming out hot Saturday, against their newest Evansville team in the Memorial Tigers at Enlow! 

Thanks for the analysis.  I have been impressed with the talented skilled players on the Trojan “O”.  #20 was able to shine with the injury to #15 and was a blessing in disguise for the EC offense (developing another skilled position this year).  At this point, #20 is more dangerous than #15 given what he can do running/receiving. 

Offensively we can score with anyone in the state.  Losing #29 (some rumors floating around ECville is he is considering making an appearance in the game) will really challenge the D.  I’m not sure he missed a tackle all year.  Hoping we can find an athlete to fill his shoes and keep Memorial O at bay.  

No predictions - I saw Memorial play in the state the last few years and saw a hard nosed, athletic, and very disciplined team.  Should give EC everything we want to handle!  Good luck!

5 minutes ago, BL1985trojans said:

No predictions - I saw Memorial play in the state the last few years and saw a hard nosed, athletic, and very disciplined team.  Should give EC everything we want to handle!  Good luck!

No predictions for me either. I think both teams are very similar - hard-nosed, disciplined, and athletic - and if a kid who had to be carted off a week ago is considering trying to play, then its pretty obvious your kids love their school and team as much as ours do. Here's hoping for a great game.  Safe travels to all the EC fans.  Regardless of the outcome, I think the EC fans will enjoy Enlow Field. It is one of a kind.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BL1985trojans said:

Losing #29 (some rumors floating around ECville is he is considering making an appearance in the game) will really challenge the D.

I saw his injury during the sectional championship replay, and I felt pretty bad. Heard he was coming off an injury early this year in Wrestling. But it sucks getting an injury your senior year in the 4Q. I did see he is traveling with the team, during his interview with the812 newspaper. Hope he recovers well, as he seems to be a great kid!