Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A East Central at Memorial

3 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Very interesting game.  A lot of talent on the field.  

Me too, going to be a long bus ride for EC, heard it’s 4.5 hours drive from St. Leon. Any Trojans fans making the drive over to Evansville? Lots of great places to eat nearby 

Edited by TigerFan20

Here is the question... Will @Lysander make a trip south to watch his EC Trojans on Saturday in the friendly confines of Enlow Field? I'm doing chili and dogs, so plenty of food (and liquids) will be available. I just wish EC had picked Friday night....

• Like 2

On 11/6/2021 at 2:39 AM, tango said:

Here is the question... Will @Lysander make a trip south to watch his EC Trojans on Saturday in the friendly confines of Enlow Field? I'm doing chili and dogs, so plenty of food (and liquids) will be available. I just wish EC had picked Friday night....

Bigger question will Mrs. Lysander allow him to wonder that far away from home unattended. I would trust her judgment on this issue. 

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Me too, going to be a long bus ride for EC, heard it’s 4.5 hours drive from St. Leon. Any Trojans fans making the drive over to Evansville? Lots of great places to eat nearby 

About 3.75 hours but still a hike. 
Guys will kick back relax and rest. 

53 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Bigger question will Mrs. Lysander allow him to wonder that far away from home unattended. I would trust her judgment on this issue. 

Could catch Memorial EC then drive up 41 to catch Lawrenceburg GS.

23 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Been looking at their IHSAATV replays, Memorial got their hands full with the Ringer brothers and many more athletes 

I was chatting with one of their fans on the Roncalli-EC thread and they are running much more of a spread offense with power running principles.  They like to get Ringer, #20, and #1 the ball in space.  

1 minute ago, fenderbender said:

I was chatting with one of their fans on the Roncalli-EC thread and they are running much more of a spread offense with power running principles.  They like to get Ringer, #20, and #1 the ball in space.  

Oh yes, completely forgot you are also an Roncalli fan too, Bender. What did you think of EC when Roncalli played them, haven’t see the replay yet, unless there is one.

5 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Oh yes, completely forgot you are also an Roncalli fan too, Bender. What did you think of EC when Roncalli played them, haven’t see the replay yet, unless there is one.

They looked really fast on offense.  Physical as always but maybe slightly smaller than last year.  

They tried to run a 3 man front lining a yard off the ball with a lot of stunting on D. 

#1 can just go get the ball when it is thrown to him.  

Did not see Ringer this year, but he was tough two years ago in season finale at EC.  Had like 170 yards as FR. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tango said:

Did you see the fake punt in the 4th Q against Martinsville? 

I did not yet, as I only gotten through the Mooresville and Greenwood games. I now see the Moeller and Roncalli games are on there too

Edited by TigerFan20

7 hours ago, fenderbender said:

They looked really fast on offense.  Physical as always but maybe slightly smaller than last year.  

They tried to run a 3 man front lining a yard off the ball with a lot of stunting on D. 

#1 can just go get the ball when it is thrown to him.  

Did not see Ringer this year, but he was tough two years ago in season finale at EC.  Had like 170 yards as FR. 

EC does run more spread this year than years past.  I don't think we're as big as years past on the oline but I would argue js more athletic.  This is the most weapons that we've had on offense in quite sometime. Josh Ringer is the superstar sophomore running back that missed 8 games this year due to injury. For the 1st time in a long time EC finally has an offense that can hurt you in the passing game if you load up the box. 

9 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

@ImparcialObserverJR and @tango, Mrs Lysander has instructed me that I will be in Chicago on Saturday……and I never disobey Mrs. Lysander.  

Good luck to both squads on Saturday.  Hoping I’ll be able to watch online.  Stay warm folks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To any Trojans making the drive to Evansville, here is some places to eat before the game nearby, either the night before or tailgating:

Kipplees on N Boeke RD

Turoni’s on N Weinbach Ave 

Pizza by the Slice on Lincoln Ave 

Steve’s Una Pizza on Washington Ave 

There’s also a Little Ceaser’s on Washington too, for the tailgaters 

Some options on Green River Road (intersects Washington): 

Hoosier Burger 

G D Ritzy’s 

Azzip Pizza 

Rafferty’s 

Cheddars 

Pangea off of Green River

On Burkhardt, one of my favorites for wings is Mister B’s and Drakes has great food too. And other options too 

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1