6. Lack of coordinated feeder system

7. Strong apathetic attitude towards football

8. Competitive consolidation

9. Merger consolidation

3A

275 Indianapolis Washington 12.35 25.90 274 14.30 271 10.03 281

60 286 Pike Central 6.81 40.82 194 8.41 283 4.71 288
61 287 Rushville 6.51 45.12 162 4.66 289 6.45 285

Indy Wash - 8 (consolidate all IPS football  to Indy Tech prior to entry into The MIC)

Pike C and Rushville - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,

On 12/14/2021 at 7:31 PM, HHF said:

Top reasons for Contraction :

1. Chronic lack of competitiveness

2. Chronic staff turnover

3. Low numbers

4. Poor administrative support

5. Poor community support

6. Lack of coordinated feeder system

7. Strong apathetic attitude towards football

8. Competitive consolidation

9. Merger consolidation

3A

275 Indianapolis Washington 12.35 25.90 274 14.30 271 10.03 281

60 286 Pike Central 6.81 40.82 194 8.41 283 4.71 288
61 287 Rushville 6.51 45.12 162 4.66 289 6.45 285

Indy Wash - 8 (consolidate all IPS football  to Indy Tech prior to entry into The MIC)

Pike C and Rushville - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,

I can attest for Pike that 4, 5, and 7 are not relevant.

Administrative support is very present as is the community support.  7 is a direct result of 3 or vice versa.

Our current coach is working his tail off to fix the issues that do exist.  Numbers were higher than in years past this year.  We had a small senior class, but a large freshman class.  I cannot speak to what is coming up from the middle school though.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SoIndRef said:

Administrative support is very present as is the community support.  7 is a direct result of 3 or vice versa.

Our current coach is working his tail off to fix the issues that do exist.  Numbers were higher than in years past this year.  We had a small senior class, but a large freshman class.  I cannot speak to what is coming up from the middle school though.

I've always been a believer that PC could be turned into a decent program. It would certainly take the right coach. I don't know him, but hopefully they have that guy now. 

3 hours ago, SoIndRef said:

I believe that there is a tradition that exists in Pike county around playing football at Pike Central and it's multigenerational.  You can be passionate about a sport without large successes.....that hardly makes one a zealot. 

• Like 1

This may ruffle feathers but I’m a firm believer Wood Memorial should be closed as a whole and move all the kids between princeton/pike central/gibson  southern/ Tecumseh

wood memorial doesn’t even have football anymore after that crap that they were doing with hazing and what not.  Wood is like 15 miles from pike central….same distance to princeton.

20 miles to gibson  southern but for some kids it might only be 15 miles still. Tecumseh is 11 miles away 

I mention this because numbers can always help and princeton and pike central could sure use them.

In regards to Crawford county I read the aforementioned story and also checked John Harrell basketball site to see basketball record. I correlate basketball success to having athletes. I was shocked to see they went to the state championship recently. What’s the story behind that? Once in a lifetime talented class? 

13 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

In regards to Crawford county I read the aforementioned story and also checked John Harrell basketball site to see basketball record. I correlate basketball success to having athletes. I was shocked to see they went to the state championship recently. What’s the story behind that? Once in a lifetime talented class? 

In the video, around the halfway point, the AD seems to allude that there are "athletes" at the school, but that they aren't out for football.  It's probably not a critical mass running around the hallways, but there may be enough for basketball.

4 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Another case where I think the right coach could make it a competitive program. 

Edited by vicvinegar