Jump to content

Jim Harbaugh and the Chicago Bears are a Natural Fit


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

IMO you can’t compare Marcus Freeman to Jim Harbaugh. One is a boarder line HOF coach and the other has coached 1 game. ND had a top 10 college coach and he couldn’t get them to that next tier to what they aspire to be, and I think they needed a new voice. 

Could very well be true.  So tell your boy Bobby to stay in his lane.

Wolves shouldn’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep but as I’ve mentioned on this site before…the Temp keeps receipts.

Harbaugh just took an unranked team to the college football playoff and Bobby still had the nerve to trot out the same lazy narrative as the National pundits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, temptation said:

Could very well be true.  So tell your boy Bobby to stay in his lane.

Wolves shouldn’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep but as I’ve mentioned on this site before…the Temp keeps receipts.

Harbaugh just took an unranked team to the college football playoff and Bobby still had the nerve to trot out the same lazy narrative as the National pundits.

I wouldn't worry too much about what anyone says about Harbaugh. His record Stanford and Michigan speaks for itself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

So Harbaugh botched his interview with the Vikings thinking it was just a formality and part of the process and now can’t leverage a raise after taking his team to the college football playoff a year removed from taking a 50% pay cut?

Yikes.

That’s one way the story has been spun.  Keep in mind, these are the same folks that also said he’d “never leave the NFL for college” and that “Oakland was still in play” when he was physically on the runway heading to his introductory press conference in Ann Arbor 7 years ago.

The guy never gets a fair shake from the media.  Dig a little deeper footballqueen.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DE said:

You are an ND alum and I am just an ND fan, but I am not.

Don't sell yourself short. The alumni don't make the program, the fans do. Otherwise Notre Dame would be reduced to Harvard and Yale status. The fans are a big reason Notre Dame posted a 76 million dollar profit last year. So go ahead and thump your chest and say "Notre Dame is my team!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

That’s one way the story has been spun.  Keep in mind, these are the same folks that also said he’d “never leave the NFL for college” and that “Oakland was still in play” when he was physically on the runway heading to his introductory press conference in Ann Arbor 7 years ago.

The guy never gets a fair shake from the media.  Dig a little deeper footballqueen.

So Harbaugh interviewed for the Vikings job for the hell of it??? Lol ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

But, but Paul Finebaum said so!!!

I have no clue what he said since I try hard not to watch him. I take 90% of what he says with a grain of salt. I'd own that guy in a one on one debate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Footballking16 said:

So Harbaugh interviewed for the Vikings job for the hell of it??? Lol ok

No, not at all.  Still doesn’t make your statement above accurate.  Here are the facts.

1.  Nine hour interview in which both sides agreed that it took a left turn around 3pm (interpret that how you wish).

2.  Jim was completely transparent with all involved (AD, staff, players, recruits) that he was exploring his options.  (Personally I can’t blame him and it’s actually refreshing in this day and age.)

3.  Expect the terms of the new deal at UM to emerge in the next few days.  Likely in the $8 million dollar range.

Just stop with your BSPN nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

No, not at all.  Still doesn’t make your statement above accurate.  Here are the facts.

1.  Nine hour interview in which both sides agreed that it took a left turn around 3pm (interpret that how you wish).

2.  Jim was completely transparent with all involved (AD, staff, players, recruits) that he was exploring his options.  (Personally I can’t blame him and it’s actually refreshing in this day and age.)

3.  Expect the terms of the new deal at UM to emerge in the next few days.  Likely in the $8 million dollar range.

Just stop with your BSPN nonsense.

I’ll wait for that contract extension. He already showed his hand, and failed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Don't sell yourself short. The alumni don't make the program, the fans do. Otherwise Notre Dame would be reduced to Harvard and Yale status. The fans are a big reason Notre Dame posted a 76 million dollar profit last year. So go ahead and thump your chest and say "Notre Dame is my team!"

😂 I know. I’m just not a lunatic fan like some folks and their “love” for their team/school. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Lol.

You interview for one of two reasons in this kind of industry:

1) You're genuinely interested in the job with the expectation you're going to accept the position if offered

or

2) You interview or blow enough smoke about interviewing for another job so that you can possess the leveraging power in negotiating a better contract from your current employer.

Neither happened with Harbaugh.

Harbaugh was dead set on taking the Vikings job and in fact thought and acted like the job was already his when he interviewed. He was the Vikings GM #1 choice as they had previous ties back to when he coached the 49ers. But he botched the interview with the owners who were turned off by his antics.

As far as Harbaugh saying he's 100% committed to Michigan, always wanted to be there, yada yada....what the hell else is he supposed to say?? He got rejected from a job that he truly wanted and has nowhere else to go but back to Michigan. Nothing but damage control from here on out as he had already told players and recruits that he wanted to coach again in the NFL.

Happy for you though that Harbaugh is back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DE said:

Some folks (fbk16) will never learn Temp.  I just do not get it.

What is there to get?!?!?

He's back at Michigan only because he didn't get the Vikings job. Where else was he going to go at that point? How hard is this to understand? Do you really think Harbaugh isn't in Minneapolis full time if he didn't screw up his interview? Are all the people and sources who were part of the interview process coming out and saying Harbaugh acted like an idiot in his interview lying??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What is there to get?!?!?

He's back at Michigan only because he didn't get the Vikings job. Where else was he going to go at that point? How hard is this to understand? Do you really think Harbaugh isn't in Minneapolis full time if he didn't screw up his interview? Are all the people and sources who were part of the interview process coming out and saying Harbaugh acted like an idiot in his interview lying??

Not what you said in your original manifesto.  Reading is hard huh?

Yes, they are lying.  I know it may have been hard for you to read that.

”Botched.”

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, temptation said:

Not what you said in your original manifesto.  Reading is hard huh?

”Botched.”

"Botched", "Screwed up", "Acted like an idiot"....all the same thing.

Harbaugh didn't wow the Vikings owners for a job he thought was already his and they told the new GM to go find somebody else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What is there to get?!?!?

He's back at Michigan only because he didn't get the Vikings job. Where else was he going to go at that point? How hard is this to understand? Do you really think Harbaugh isn't in Minneapolis full time if he didn't screw up his interview? Are all the people and sources who were part of the interview process coming out and saying Harbaugh acted like an idiot in his interview lying??

you continuously doubt Temp who obviously has an "in" with Michigan football and Coach Harbaugh.  Temp has never share the "in" with me, but all he has ever said has always led me to believe him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DE said:

you continuously doubt Temp who obviously has an "in" with Michigan football and Coach Harbaugh.  Temp has never share the "in" with me, but all he has ever said has always led me to believe him.

Temp has an "in" with Michigan? What are you talking about? Temp knows about as much about Michigan as you or I. Temp (just like everybody else) already conceded to Harbaugh leaving for the NFL, read his posts on THIS thread on page 3 paralleling that. It's more than comical that Temp is now buying into this notion that Harbaugh somehow got cold feet at the alter during the 11th hour and backed out to return to Michigan. Harbaugh saying anything else is just coachspeak at this time, what the hell else are you supposed to say upon returning to a job that you were dead set on leaving.

*I deeply apologize if your post was sarcastic. That's the only other way I can read it. "Temp has an in with Michigan"...gold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Temp has an "in" with Michigan? What are you talking about? Temp knows about as much about Michigan as you or I. Temp (just like everybody else) already conceded to Harbaugh leaving for the NFL, read his posts on THIS thread on page 3 paralleling that. It's more than comical that Temp is now buying into this notion that Harbaugh somehow got cold feet at the alter during the 11th hour and backed out to return to Michigan. Harbaugh saying anything else is just coachspeak at this time, what the hell else are you supposed to say upon returning to a job that you were dead set on leaving.

*I deeply apologize if your post was sarcastic. That's the only other way I can read it. "Temp has an in with Michigan"...gold. 

ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...