Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jim Harbaugh and the Chicago Bears are a Natural Fit

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

One of those NY6 bowls Penn State won was against MEMPHIS, while Michigan got matched up with Alabama.  

ONE playoff appearance trumps 2 NY6 bowl wins and gimme a break on the Las Vegas Bowl, Pinstripe Bowl, Duke's May Bowl or Holiday Bowl win meaning jack shit.

Penn State's rival is...PITT?  Wisconsin'sare IOWA and MINNESOTA?  Come on dude.  Admit defeat.

I'm playing your game. 

What is considered a successful Michigan season these days? 20-30 years ago it was was beating your rivals (ND/OSU/Michigan St), winning B10 titles, and competing for national championships.

Michigan has ONE B10 title since 2004, zero national title appearances, and a dogsh*t record against both OSU and Michigan State. Their postseason record is dogsh*t in said time frame.

What top 10 program can't regularly compete for a conference championship and gets continually clowned by their rival(s)? Outside this past year (my outlier), what is truly the last "successful" season Michigan has had? And if you want to try and tell me 2018 where they lost to both Ohio State and Notre Dame while getting housed in a significant bowl game, it further proves how far Michigan has fallen. 

You don't get to call Jan 1 bowl games like the Gator or Outback Bowl meaningless unless you're a team like Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson who continually play for national titles, especially when you can't win the bowl games you're assigned too. 

There's zero barometer of success for Michigan under Harbaugh with the exception of last year. 

49 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I'm playing your game. 

What is considered a successful Michigan season these days? 20-30 years ago it was was beating your rivals (ND/OSU/Michigan St), winning B10 titles, and competing for national championships.

Michigan has ONE B10 title since 2004, zero national title appearances, and a dogsh*t record against both OSU and Michigan State. Their postseason record is dogsh*t in said time frame.

What top 10 program can't regularly compete for a conference championship and gets continually clowned by their rival(s)? Outside this past year (my outlier), what is truly the last "successful" season Michigan has had? And if you want to try and tell me 2018 where they lost to both Ohio State and Notre Dame while getting housed in a significant bowl game, it further proves how far Michigan has fallen. 

You don't get to call Jan 1 bowl games like the Gator or Outback Bowl meaningless unless you're a team like Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson who continually play for national titles, especially when you can't win the bowl games you're assigned too. 

There's zero barometer of success for Michigan under Harbaugh with the exception of last year. 

I just can't imagine you dying on this hill without admitting you've been wronged by the University of Michigan somehow.  No rational/sane person uses BOWL games in modern football as a talking points, ESPECIALLY wins in late December bowls or wins against non-power 5 teams in bowl games.  

But here you are...backed into a corner using it as your last line of defense to stand by your sticking point that Michigan is AT WORST the 11th best program in America.

Imagine throwing shade at a team that just finished #3 in the country.

The CFP is damn hard to get to and Michigan is fresh off of a conference title, a 12 win season and an appearance in the Orange Bowl and you want to talk about teams who are winning the Duke's Mayo Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl.  It is CFP or bust.  Hell, guys even opt out of NY6 bowls regularly in this era.  If they are deemed irrelevant and not worth the time of the actual players on the team, then hell yes I can call them meaningless as a fan.

As for the rivals comment, the record IS what it is.  I admit it is underwhelming. 

1.  But no program in America has more rivals than Michigan (Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Minnesota, hell Michigan even plays Northwestern for a damn trophy now).

2.  At no point in either MSU or OSU's history has their brand been better or their football program in a better spot than it is now.  We all can't have PURDUE as our rival, or Tennessee/Iowa as I mentioned above.  Give those programs credit.

Those are not excuses but simple facts.

Any 10-11 win season for any program not named Alabama, Georgia, Clemson or Ohio State is a success.  Only 15% of college football programs can say they have won that many in any given year.

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

I just can't imagine you dying on this hill without admitting you've been wronged by the University of Michigan somehow.  No rational/sane person uses BOWL games in modern football as a talking points, ESPECIALLY wins in late December bowls or wins against non-power 5 teams in bowl games.  

But here you are...backed into a corner using it as your last line of defense to stand by your sticking point that Michigan is AT WORST the 11th best program in America.

Michigan a) doesn't beat their rivals and b) doesn't win its postseason games. Am I supposed to pat you on the back and say congratulations for beating the Indiana's, the Rutgers', and the Maryland's of the world? You deserve your top 10 ranking? Every single team at the top is graded on postseason success and Michigan's record is pathetic. I'd be saying postseason games were meaningless as well if I were in your shoes. Getting pumped regularly and losing to teams like South Carolina probably does it for you. 

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Imagine throwing shade at a team that just finished #3 in the country.

I've said repeatedly that Michigan finally had a good year. It's also an outlier to date. Change my mind.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

The CFP is damn hard to get to and Michigan is fresh off of a conference title, a 12 win season and an appearance in the Orange Bowl and you want to talk about teams who are winning the Duke's Mayo Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl.  It is CFP or bust.  Hell, guys even opt out of NY6 bowls regularly in this era.  If they are deemed irrelevant and not worth the time of the actual players on the team, then hell yes I can call them meaningless as a fan.

You've been to one CFB playoff game and got embarrassed. Washington, Cincinnati, and Sparty can all lay the same claim. Doubt you consider those teams top 10 based on one game. One CFB appearance/national title implication game doesn't negate 20 some years of mediocrity at the national level. Teams who consistently perform at the national level are considered the best teams, Michigan ain't one of them. Try harder. 

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

As for the rivals comment, the record IS what it is.  I admit it is underwhelming. 

1.  But no program in America has more rivals than Michigan (Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Minnesota, hell Michigan even plays Northwestern for a damn trophy now).

2.  At no point in either MSU or OSU's history has their brand been better or their football program in a better spot than it is now.  We all can't have PURDUE as our rival, or Tennessee/Iowa as I mentioned above.  Give those programs credit.

Those are not excuses but simple facts.

Any 10-11 win season for any program not named Alabama, Georgia, Clemson or Ohio State is a success.  Only 15% of college football programs can say they have won that many in any given year.

Michigan doesn't play ND regularly anymore and their two main rivals are OSU and MSU who both own Michigan right now. It's why I've repeatedly stated Michigan isn't a top team in the B10 anymore, let alone the country. They not only beat Michigan on the field, they win their postseason games as well. 

Until Michigan can consistently put together seasons like last year, they'll always be a has been program who talks about all-time wins and TV ratings. I get it, IU basketball fans do the same thing. It's one of the ways to rationalize about being nationally relevant. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Michigan a) doesn't beat their rivals and b) doesn't win its postseason games. Am I supposed to pat you on the back and say congratulations for beating the Indiana's, the Rutgers', and the Maryland's of the world? You deserve your top 10 ranking? Every single team at the top is graded on postseason success and Michigan's record is pathetic. I'd be saying postseason games were meaningless as well if I were in your shoes. Getting pumped regularly and losing to teams like South Carolina probably does it for you. 

I've said repeatedly that Michigan finally had a good year. It's also an outlier to date. Change my mind.

You've been to one CFB playoff game and got embarrassed. Washington, Cincinnati, and Sparty can all lay the same claim. Doubt you consider those teams top 10 based on one game. One CFB appearance/national title implication game doesn't negate 20 some years of mediocrity at the national level. Teams who consistently perform at the national level are considered the best teams, Michigan ain't one of them. Try harder. 

Michigan doesn't play ND regularly anymore and their two main rivals are OSU and MSU who both own Michigan right now. It's why I've repeatedly stated Michigan isn't a top team in the B10 anymore, let alone the country. They not only beat Michigan on the field, they win their postseason games as well. 

Until Michigan can consistently put together seasons like last year, they'll always be a has been program who talks about all-time wins and TV ratings. I get it, IU basketball fans do the same thing. It's one of the ways to rationalize about being nationally relevant. 

NO one outside of the CFP is graded on postseason success.  This isn’t the NFL.

You just put Michigan at 10/11 and in the next breath claimed they are irrelevant while making the IU basketball comparison again, lol?

IU has been around 10/11 in the Big Ten during the time period discussed.

Edited by temptation

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

NO one outside of the CFP is graded on postseason success.  This isn’t the NFL.

That just isn't true. I'm the biggest Notre Dame detractor there is and they get absolutely crucified for their inability to win a meaningful postseason game dating back to the BCS era. 

You just put Michigan at 10/11 and in the next breath claimed they are irrelevant while making the IU basketball comparison again, lol?

Both are has-been programs living in the past. Still top 10 programs historically with minimal national success the last 20 years. I don't see it as a reach at all. 

IU has been around 10/11 in the Big Ten during the time period discussed.

Indiana has been terrible, but you don't see me making 30+ posts trying to rationalize why they aren't. 

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

“Michigan isn't a top team in the B10 anymore.”

LOL.

1845B6FD-1985-42BB-9655-29C010D836D8.jpeg

One year. Harbaugh's been there seven. 1/7 ain't great for a supposed top 10 program. 

Edited by Footballking16

21 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That just isn't true. I'm the biggest Notre Dame detractor there is and they get absolutely crucified for their inability to win a meaningful postseason game dating back to the BCS era. 

Both are has-been programs living in the past. Still top 10 programs historically with minimal national success the last 20 years. I don't see it as a reach at all. 

Indiana has been terrible, but you don't see me making 30+ posts trying to rationalize why they aren't. 

One year. Harbaugh's been there seven. 1/7 ain't great for a supposed top 10 program. 

1.  Crucified by whom?  Once again, rational folks in the media (there are a few) and fans alike understand the steep climb for a program like ND when you against the likes of the big four. Their best RB chose to sit out of last month’s Fiesta Bowl and their coach skipped town prior to the game.  They didn’t care.

2.  While I already agreed that there are some parallels to the IU basketball/UM football programs but Michigan’s football success far surpasses anything IU has done in basketball since the turn of the century.  How many times has IU basketball even finished the season ranked or made the second weekend of the tournament?

3.  I am done picking on IU football.  I was referencing basketball with the 10th-11th best program in the Big Ten statement.

5.  1/7 but that’s one more than Penn State, Wisconsin and Florida combined…all programs you placed ahead of Michigan.

6.  I’d also like to challenge your statement that Michigan State has “owned” Michigan.  4/7 is hardly owning someone, especially with the way the games have gone down, but you already knew that.

Edited by temptation

1.  Crucified by whom?  Once again, rational folks in the media (there are a few) and fans alike understand the steep climb for a program like ND when you against the likes of the big four. Their best RB chose to sit out of last month’s Fiesta Bowl and their coach skipped town prior to the game.  They didn’t care.

Crucified by everybody. Don't play dumb.

2.  While I already agreed that there are some parallels to the IU basketball/UM football programs but Michigan’s football success far surpasses anything IU has done in basketball since the turn of the century.  How many times has IU basketball even finished the season ranked or made the second weekend of the tournament?

IU's at least played for a national title this millennium and has as many B10 championship in basketball as Michigan does Football. 

3.  I am done picking on IU football.  I was referencing basketball with the 10th-11th best program in the Big Ten statement.

I was talking about IU basketball. IU's been terrible the last 5 years and inherently average the last 20 years sans 4-5 seasons. No shame in admitting that. But I don't need to rationalize it over 30+ posts the way you have with Michigan though.

5.  1/7 but that’s one more than Penn State, Wisconsin and Florida combined…all programs you placed ahead of Michigan.

Penn State won the B10 in 2016. 

6.  I’d also like to challenge your statement that Michigan State has “owned” Michigan.  4/7 is hardly owning someone, especially with the way the games have gone down, but you already knew that.

Michigan State has a winning record against Harbaugh and is 10-4 against Michigan since Lloyd Carr retired. #Owned

Edited by Footballking16

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Crucified by everybody. Don't play dumb.

IU's at least played for a national title this millennium and has as many B10 championship in basketball as Michigan does Football. 

I was talking about IU basketball. IU's been terrible the last 5 years and inherently average the last 20 years sans 4-5 seasons. No shame in admitting that. But I don't need to rationalize it over 30+ posts the way you have with Michigan though.

Penn State won the B10 in 2016. 

Michigan State has a winning record against Harbaugh and is 10-4 against Michigan since Lloyd Carr retired. #Owned

1.  “Everybody” (assume you are referring to the media) is dumb then.  You must be a fan of these shows with talking heads that scream at one another for 30-60 minutes?  Do you honestly think potential recruits take ND’s bowl record into account or (other than the playoff losses) their players that make it to the next level dwell/look back on Bowl losses?  Gimme a break.

2.  You brought up IU basketball so I ran with it but we are getting off course here.  Isn’t this thread about Harbaugh? If you wanna justify your “banners” and national relevance and need to go back two decades to drop the “they played for a title” line, that’s pretty pathetic.

3.  Your 1/7 fits Big Ten titles but it also fits college football playoff appearances.  How many of those does Penn State have while going 3-4 against Michigan since 2015?  (By the way, the final score of the PSU/UM game in 2016 was 49-13 good guys, PSU just lucked out that the game was played early.)

4.  Man, if 4/7 is “owned” I’d hate to see what term you use to describe the Purdue/IU basketball rivalry.

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

1.  “Everybody” (assume you are referring to the media) is dumb then.  You must be a fan of these shows with talking heads that scream at one another for 30-60 minutes?  Do you honestly think potential recruits take ND’s bowl record into account or (other than the playoff losses) their players that make it to the next level dwell/look back on Bowl losses?  Gimme a break.

You're delusional if you don't think other programs are negatively recruiting Notre Dame's poor track record in big time games.

2.  You brought up IU basketball so I ran with it but we are getting off course here.  Isn’t this thread about Harbaugh? If you wanna justify your “banners” and national relevance and need to go back two decades to drop the “they played for a title” line, that’s pretty pathetic.

I brought you up to speed. Like IU basketball, a once proud Michigan Football program has had minimal success at the national level for a long time. 

3.  Your 1/7 fits Big Ten titles but it also fits college football playoff appearances.  How many of those does Penn State have while going 3-4 against Michigan since 2015?  (By the way, the final score of the PSU/UM game in 2016 was 49-13 good guys, PSU just lucked out that the game was played early.)

I was talking about Big Ten titles. Does making one playoff automatically make you a top 10 program over X amount of years? Shouldn't Michigan St, Washington, Oregon, Cincinnati be a part of this discussion as well? I can go back and edit my top list if you'd like. 

4.  Man, if 4/7 is “owned” I’d hate to see what term you use to describe the Purdue/IU basketball rivalry.

I'd still used the word owned. "Little Brother". Ha. 

Edited by Footballking16

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

You're delusional if you don't think other programs are negatively recruiting Notre Dame's poor track record in big time games.

I brought you up to speed. Like IU basketball, a once proud Michigan Football program has had minimal success at the national level for a long time. 

I was talking about Big Ten titles. Does making a playoff automatically make you a top 10 program over X amount of years? Shouldn't Michigan St, Washington, Oregon, Cincinnati be a part of this discussion as well? I can go back and edit my top list if you'd like. 

I'd still used the word owned. "Little Brother". Ha. 

1.  So now it’s “big games?”  ND has dominated its “rivals” in USC and Navy (lol) and won at home against Clemson last year.  Who gets to decide what’s a big game?  There are tons of things for programs to negative recruit and bowl games are low on the list.  How many teams would trade places with the Irish and dream of getting to the playoff?

2.  Your comparison of Indiana basketball still does not fit dude.  IU Basketball fans talk out of both sides of their mouths.  You pretend Purdue is irrelevant and then you rush the floor when you beat them.  Your annual March tradition is rooting for them to lose in the tournament so you can somehow throw shade and brag about your “banners.”  At least Michigan football’s rivals are winning conference championships and OSU even won a title.

3.  I gave you the win/loss records of the programs in question that you had around Michigan.  Each of them has had one solid year (more so in the case of a couple) but the ones you mentioned also had that year where they missed bowl eligibility (which is embarrassing in the current college football world where over 50% of the country gets a bowl bid).  Michigan’s “down year” was 8-5.

4.  If 4-3 is “owned” then Purdue is using a ball gag on IU in basketball.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

1.  So now it’s “big games?”  ND has dominated its “rivals” in USC and Navy (lol) and won at home against Clemson last year.  Who gets to decide what’s a big game?  There are tons of things for programs to negative recruit and bowl games are low on the list.  How many teams would trade places with the Irish and dream of getting to the playoff?

Clearly I was talking post season, you knew that as you responded to my comment earlier specifically mentioning their postseason struggles. They’re 0fer in the playoff just as they were during the BCS era. Now you’re just being pedantic. 

2.  Your comparison of Indiana basketball still does not fit dude.  IU Basketball fans talk out of both sides of their mouths.  You pretend Purdue is irrelevant and then you rush the floor when you beat them.  Your annual March tradition is rooting for them to lose in the tournament so you can somehow throw shade and brag about your “banners.”  At least Michigan football’s rivals are winning conference championships and OSU even won a title.

I speak for myself, yet I understand they’re tons of delusional Indiana basketball fans just as there are Michigan football fans. Case in point ^^^^

Purdue may not have won a national title, but they’ve been damn good the last 5-6 years, winning multiple B10 titles. They’ve got as good a chance as anyone to win it all this year. And of course I root like hell for Purdue to lose in March, what rival wouldn’t? Did you suddenly become Ohio State’s biggest fan once Michigan’s miserable seasons end these last two decades? 

3.  I gave you the win/loss records of the programs in question that you had around Michigan.  Each of them has had one solid year (more so in the case of a couple) but the ones you mentioned also had that year where they missed bowl eligibility (which is embarrassing in the current college football world where over 50% of the country gets a bowl bid).  Michigan’s “down year” was 8-5.

Michigan was so bad in 2020 that Harbaugh had to take a pay cut to stay employed. Michigan State was worse and still clowned the Wolverines once again. With the exception of one outlier year, Michigan has done nothing but lose to rivals and get embarrassed in bowl games. 

4.  If 4-3 is “owned” then Purdue is using a ball gag on IU in basketball.

Purdue has owned Indiana the last 5-6 years. Third time saying it. Again, I don’t need to find a way to rationalize consistently losing to rivals they way you do.

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Clearly I was talking post season, you knew that as you responded to my comment earlier specifically mentioning their postseason struggles. They’re 0fer in the playoff just as they were during the BCS era. Now you’re just being pedantic. 

I speak for myself, yet I understand they’re tons of delusional Indiana basketball fans just as there are Michigan football fans. Case in point ^^^^

Purdue may not have won a national title, but they’ve been damn good the last 5-6 years, winning multiple B10 titles. They’ve got as good a chance as anyone to win it all this year. And of course I root like hell for Purdue to lose in March, what rival wouldn’t? Did you suddenly become Ohio State’s biggest fan once Michigan’s miserable seasons end these last two decades? 

Michigan was so bad in 2020 that Harbaugh had to take a pay cut to stay employed. Michigan State was worse and still clowned the Wolverines once again. With the exception of one outlier year, Michigan has done nothing but lose to rivals and get embarrassed in bowl games. 

Purdue has owned Indiana the last 5-6 years. Third time saying it. Again, I don’t need to find a way to rationalize consistently losing to rivals they way you do.

You root like hell for Purdue to lose in March because your team is never playing.  I can relate because, before this year, rooting against OSU in the college football playoff was all I had.

2020 WAS the outlier year.  Now your are using “clowned?”  Is that a synonym of “owned?”  You really have an interesting vocabulary.  It’s constantly changing.

Let’s just walk away agreeing on this point.  Michigan is, at minimum, a top 11 program under Harbaugh.

You’d take it…

Edited by temptation

A copy and paste from last July. Michigan came in at #12, but 2021 changes the score a little. Probably enough to make them a Top 10 program. 

Points given for qualification of College Football Playoff and where teams stood in the final AP Poll.  Any surprises or head scratchers? I was surprised Michigan came in at #12.............two Top 10 finishes in the last 5 years. 

1.     Clemson     125

2.     Alabama     113

3.     Ohio State     100

4.     Oklahoma     94

5.     Georgia     68

6.     Notre Dame     55

7.     Penn State    47 

8.     Washington     43

9.     LSU     42

Wisconsin     42

Next up: Florida, Michigan & Auburn

Best of the rest: Texas A&M

Consideration: Oregon & Baylor

• Like 1

21 hours ago, temptation said:

2.  Your comparison of Indiana basketball still does not fit dude.  IU Basketball fans talk out of both sides of their mouths.  You pretend Purdue is irrelevant and then you rush the floor when you beat them.  

As if Purdue fans are any better, with the huge inferiority complex they have when it comes to the Hoosiers.  Case in point, their lewd "tradition" of yelling "F*ck IU" during kickoffs at Purdue home games, regardless of whether they are playing the Hoosiers or not.

28 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

As if Purdue fans are any better, with the huge inferiority complex they have when it comes to the Hoosiers.  Case in point, their lewd "tradition" of yelling "F*ck IU" during kickoffs at Purdue home games, regardless of whether they are playing the Hoosiers or not.

🙄Sigh, not this again…

One person’s inferiority complex is another person’s passion.

Maybe if the Hoosiers had more of it and didn’t look down their noses pretending the Boilers aren’t important to them, they would not be recycling coaches every 4-5 years and would beat them more often.

Just a thought.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

One person’s inferiority complex is another person’s passion.

So "passion" is making lewd comments against a school you may not even be playing at the time.  Sounds more like insanity to me.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Maybe if the Hoosiers had more of it and didn’t look down their noses pretending the Boilers aren’t important to them, they would not be recycling coaches every 4-5 years and would beat them more often.

*Sigh*, not this delusion again. Once again a Boilermaker fan's inferiority complex regarding the Hoosiers comes to the fore.

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So "passion" is making lewd comments against a school you may not even be playing at the time.  Sounds more like insanity to me.

*Sigh*, not this delusion again. Once again a Boilermaker fan's inferiority complex regarding the Hoosiers comes to the fore.

Not a Boiler.  Just a realist.

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

One opinion…

4BA403CC-B18C-43F9-ABD1-8F1278EE8192.jpeg

Lincoln Riley and Jim Harbaugh ahead of Brian Kelly? I like Harbaugh, but let's be serious here. Anyone seen what Kelly did with a bunch of smart kids lately? I know Kelly has some character flaws, but c'mon. Lincoln Riley ahead of Kelly? Who is this comedian? 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lincoln Riley and Jim Harbaugh ahead of Brian Kelly? I like Harbaugh, but let's be serious here. Anyone seen what Kelly did with a bunch of smart kids lately? I know Kelly has some character flaws, but c'mon. Lincoln Riley ahead of Kelly? Who is this comedian? 

Just curious about what happened the last time Kelly/Harbaugh squared off?

I will say this about the Boilers. And I don't hate on Purdue one iota, I respect them as a great university that represents Western Indiana. But their fans are a bitter bunch. It's that inferiority complex. No championships in basketball compared to IU's five, and nothing in football compared to ND's eleven. That pretty much sums it up. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just curious about what happened the last time Kelly/Harbaugh squared off?

Notre Dame got waxed. So were basing this poll on one game? Since when do we do that?

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

I will say this about the Boilers. And I don't hate on Purdue one iota, I respect them as a great university that represents Western Indiana. But their fans are a bitter bunch. It's that inferiority complex. No championships in basketball compared to IU's five, and nothing in football compared to ND's eleven. That pretty much sums it up. 

Notre Dame got waxed. So were basing this poll on one game? Since when do we do that?

Just busting your balls as usual.  Kelly and Harbaugh are 1-1 head to head.  I respect Kelly’s coaching ability and think it is honestly splitting hairs.

Michigan is not quite ND academically but is also not chopped liver so spare me the “smart kids” line.

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just busting your balls as usual.  Kelly and Harbaugh are 1-1 head to head.  I respect Kelly’s coaching ability and think it is honestly splitting hairs.

Michigan is not quite ND academically but is also not chopped liver so spare me the “smart kids” line.

I've always had a ton of respect for Michigan and their value of the student athlete. Wherever Harbaugh ranks, it's pretty comical that that someone can claim that he's not one of the ten best college coaches in America.