Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jim Harbaugh and the Chicago Bears are a Natural Fit

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, not worth a response. Your posts are solid 95% of the time, but this one doesn't qualify. 

If you say so.  You know you wanna take the bait.  

Never thought I’d see the day when someone used the head coaching job at Notre Dame as a stepping stone to a better job.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

If you say so.  You know you wanna take the bait.  

Never thought I’d see the day when someone used the head coaching job at Notre Dame as a stepping stone to a better job.

I do, but I won't. 

What qualifies a better job? The ability to recruit anyone with a brainstem in order to say "I won a national championship?" Some men might consider the better a job to be one that pays well at a university that has a higher moral compass than most and graduates 95% of it's players. 

Just now, BTF said:

I do, but I won't. 

What qualifies a better job? The ability to recruit anyone with a brainstem in order to say "I won a national championship?" Some men might consider the better a job to be one that pays well at a university that has a higher moral compass than most and graduates 95% of it's players. 

Reeled you back in.  Mission accomplished.

Edited by temptation

11 hours ago, temptation said:

Wait, the queen isn’t an ND fan?  Then why in the hell am I entertaining his stupidity about my Wolverines?

I’ll amuse you in the meantime.

Rees possibly to the NFL, Elston to Michigan, McNulty to BC, Al Washington is a washed up dude whose best coaching days are behind him (I’d say the OSU line backing core underachieved these last couple of years, no?)…

Oh, yeah.  And your head coach is 0-1, surely headed to 0-2 and has zero experience.

That’s all…for now.

If you’re really looking for a program in disarray, how about the one whose head coach was interviewing for another job (which he botched) on National Signing Day? Or how about the program whose offensive coordinator was the national asst. coach of the year … and leaves to take the same job at Miami, with a poison pen tweet to the players about Michigan in his wake? Oh wait, they’re the same program.

That’s what I call disarray.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

If you’re really looking for a program in disarray, how about the one whose head coach was interviewing for another job (which he botched) on National Signing Day? Or how about the program whose offensive coordinator was the national asst. coach of the year … and leaves to take the same job at Miami, with a poison pen tweet to the players about Michigan in his wake? Oh wait, they’re the same program.

That’s what I call disarray.

Bob--You didn't know? Temptation has boots on the ground up in Ann Arbor and they told him everything is going to be alright. Optics of Harbaugh interviewing and preparing to leave on National Signing Day was all smoke and Michigan is now in a better place because of it. The Frank Broyles award winner leaving was just part of the process, nothing to worry about. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Bob--You didn't know? Temptation has boots on the ground up in Ann Arbor and they told him everything is going to be alright. Optics of Harbaugh interviewing and preparing to leave on National Signing Day was all smoke and Michigan is now in a better place because of it. The Frank Broyles award winner leaving was just part of the process, nothing to worry about. 

@temptationis just a “glass half full” kind of guy. Can’t blame him for that.

I believe @temptationand Pat Narduzzi, the Pitt coach, are actually the same person. You never see the two of them at the same time! Cover blown!

https://www.onefootdown.com/2022/2/6/22921067/pitts-pat-narduzzi-remains-notre-dame-footballs-greatest-hater-panthers-irish-kenny-pickett-nd-news

Pitt’s Pat Narduzzi remains Notre Dame Football’s greatest hater

Give this man an invitation to the playa hata’s ball

By Joshua Vowles@TheSubwayDomer  Feb 6, 2022, 8:48pm EST

Last week Pat Narduzzi, mouth-breather extraordinaire and head football coach of the Pittsburgh Panthers, went on Sirius XM Radio and did what Pat Narduzzi does best — hatin’ on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. 

Narduzzi is well known for keeping Notre Dame in his mouth while bitching about things. His disdain for Notre Dame’s ACC deal is only slightly less than certain circles of the older Notre Dame alumni/fanbase. Pat’s not an administrator, so what Notre Dame brings to the ACC in terms of fat bags of cash and butts in seats is mostly lost on him. 

Pat just doesn’t like Notre Dame — which is perfectly fine when you’re the head coach of Pitt.

What’s funny is how he dropped this gem:

“I just found this out — ya know — I’ll throw it out there. I guess people reached out to Kenny Pickett to go to Notre Dame a year ago. I had no idea. He didn’t say anything to me — which obviously didn’t get that serious. Notre Dame recruited him through the back channels. It’s not Brian Kelly, but someone’s telling these guys, whoever they are, to come to Notre Dame — right?”

Back channels. Allow me to lol my way off of the internet. As much as some of us wish Notre Dame would walk that line of recruiting, they just don’t. So what Pat’s telling us here is that he heard from some person that heard something from another person that someone was telling Pickett to transfer to Notre Dame. 

At this point, it might be wise to remember that Pickett was a huge Notre Dame fan growing up as was well documented during the NBC broadcast of the 2018 Notre Dame/Pitt game. Usually, that means while growing up — you might have a few Notre Dame fans as friends and family members — or as Pat Narduzzi might put it, PEOPLE TELLING HIM TO TRANSFER TO NOTRE DAME. Because they love him and want the best for him. People... just some random people.

The best part of the entire quote was Narduzzi trying to get some type of affirmation from the host with his “someone’s telling these guys, whoever they are, to come to Notre Dame — right?” question at the end. 

Pat’s full of shit and he knows it, and goddammit, I love him for it. College football according to Narduzzi is being destroyed by the transfer portal and NIL, but I think his type public hate for a non-rival is fantastic for the sport. That’s where the fun is. Narduzzi is 0-3 at Pitt when facing Notre Dame despite worshipping at the alter of the Pitt Spirit Box/Urn (it’s a real thing). That has to be a tough pill to swallow after a 3-4 record against the Irish as the defensive coordinator of a real Notre Dame rival — the Michigan State Spartans. 

It’s just a shame Notre Dame won’t play Pitt again until the 2023 and 2025 seasons. Of course... maybe that’s the real reason he’s all hot and bothered.

Not even close. 

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I believe @temptationand Pat Narduzzi, the Pitt coach, are actually the same person. You never see the two of them at the same time! Cover blown!

https://www.onefootdown.com/2022/2/6/22921067/pitts-pat-narduzzi-remains-notre-dame-footballs-greatest-hater-panthers-irish-kenny-pickett-nd-news

Pitt’s Pat Narduzzi remains Notre Dame Football’s greatest hater

Give this man an invitation to the playa hata’s ball

By Joshua Vowles@TheSubwayDomer  Feb 6, 2022, 8:48pm EST

Last week Pat Narduzzi, mouth-breather extraordinaire and head football coach of the Pittsburgh Panthers, went on Sirius XM Radio and did what Pat Narduzzi does best — hatin’ on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. 

Narduzzi is well known for keeping Notre Dame in his mouth while bitching about things. His disdain for Notre Dame’s ACC deal is only slightly less than certain circles of the older Notre Dame alumni/fanbase. Pat’s not an administrator, so what Notre Dame brings to the ACC in terms of fat bags of cash and butts in seats is mostly lost on him. 

Pat just doesn’t like Notre Dame — which is perfectly fine when you’re the head coach of Pitt.

What’s funny is how he dropped this gem:

“I just found this out — ya know — I’ll throw it out there. I guess people reached out to Kenny Pickett to go to Notre Dame a year ago. I had no idea. He didn’t say anything to me — which obviously didn’t get that serious. Notre Dame recruited him through the back channels. It’s not Brian Kelly, but someone’s telling these guys, whoever they are, to come to Notre Dame — right?”

Back channels. Allow me to lol my way off of the internet. As much as some of us wish Notre Dame would walk that line of recruiting, they just don’t. So what Pat’s telling us here is that he heard from some person that heard something from another person that someone was telling Pickett to transfer to Notre Dame. 

At this point, it might be wise to remember that Pickett was a huge Notre Dame fan growing up as was well documented during the NBC broadcast of the 2018 Notre Dame/Pitt game. Usually, that means while growing up — you might have a few Notre Dame fans as friends and family members — or as Pat Narduzzi might put it, PEOPLE TELLING HIM TO TRANSFER TO NOTRE DAME. Because they love him and want the best for him. People... just some random people.

The best part of the entire quote was Narduzzi trying to get some type of affirmation from the host with his “someone’s telling these guys, whoever they are, to come to Notre Dame — right?” question at the end. 

Pat’s full of shit and he knows it, and goddammit, I love him for it. College football according to Narduzzi is being destroyed by the transfer portal and NIL, but I think his type public hate for a non-rival is fantastic for the sport. That’s where the fun is. Narduzzi is 0-3 at Pitt when facing Notre Dame despite worshipping at the alter of the Pitt Spirit Box/Urn (it’s a real thing). That has to be a tough pill to swallow after a 3-4 record against the Irish as the defensive coordinator of a real Notre Dame rival — the Michigan State Spartans. 

It’s just a shame Notre Dame won’t play Pitt again until the 2023 and 2025 seasons. Of course... maybe that’s the real reason he’s all hot and bothered.

Not even close

Michigan and Notre Dame are the two winningest programs in college football history. One is from Indiana and the other is just across the border and separated by only 177 miles. That's pretty cool if you ask me. 

Both programs place importance on the student athlete and take it seriously. 

Notre Dame has more national championships. 

Michigan leads the all-time series and taught Notre Dame the game of football..........true story. 

No point it sabotaging the historic rivalry these two great programs have. 

And I don't see either program being in a state of disarray. Freeman will figure things out. He has the staff and the players to make, his first campaign a successful one. Harbaugh is Harbaugh. As long as he is there Michigan will flirt with a 10 win season. He ranks somewhere in the Top 10 as far as coaches are concerned. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

The February NSD is an afterthought as 90-95% of recruits sign in December, but you already knew that.  Michigan had ZERO commitments on the February NSD and no uncommitted high school seniors had Michigan in their final grouping...

Everything IS going to be alright.  Matt Weiss (a large reason for Gattis' success as OC) is going to take over the offensive coordinator duties, that should be announced soon.  The kids are fired up and ready to go.

Already told you that Gattis' departure stems from the fact that he was convinced he was the heir apparent when Jim began looking at the NFL and that is now a dead end since Jim has recommitted himself.

Do you spend as much time rooting for you own team (still waiting to hear who it is) as you do hating on Michigan?

2 hours ago, DE said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan–Notre_Dame_football_rivalry

Michigan leads 25–17–1 

September 3, 2033, Ann Arbor is the next scheduled meeting.

I'll restate one of my favorite quotes from another thread that also applies here...."don't let facts get in the way of a good story."

Michigan leads the all-time series AND crushed ND by four touchdowns in their last meeting.

"Wake up the echoes and shake down the thunder!"

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

The February NSD is an afterthought as 90-95% of recruits sign in December, but you already knew that.  Michigan had ZERO commitments on the February NSD and no uncommitted high school seniors had Michigan in their final grouping...

Everything IS going to be alright.  Matt Weiss (a large reason for Gattis' success as OC) is going to take over the offensive coordinator duties, that should be announced soon.  The kids are fired up and ready to go.

Already told you that Gattis' departure stems from the fact that he was convinced he was the heir apparent when Jim began looking at the NFL and that is now a dead end since Jim has recommitted himself.

Do you spend as much time rooting for you own team (still waiting to hear who it is) as you do hating on Michigan?

I'll restate one of my favorite quotes from another thread that also applies here...."don't let facts get in the way of a good story."

Michigan leads the all-time series AND crushed ND by four touchdowns in their last meeting.

"Wake up the echoes and shake down the thunder!"

Agreed.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:19 AM, Footballking16 said:

Weiss/Moore - Co- OC’s

Jessie Minter - new DC

Save for 2020, Michigan has had a top 20 defensive efficiency rating every year since Harbaugh’s arrival.

He doesn’t miss on DC hires.

Just adding to the receipts.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Weiss/Moore - Co- OC’s

Jessie Minter - new DC

Save for 2020, Michigan has had a top 20 defensive efficiency rating every year since Harbaugh’s arrival.

He doesn’t miss on DC hires.

Just adding to the receipts.

Lol.

Neither of those are upgrades nor the flex you think it is. 

Just now, temptation said:

Wait and see.  Who’s your team again?

So promoting TWO guys who have zero experience combined calling plays is somehow an upgrade? If only Gattis could resist the mothers of recruits.

And don’t get me started on hiring a DC away from a team that finished 118th in the country last year. 

I’m an IU fan, my Alma Mater.

12 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

So promoting TWO guys who have zero experience combined calling plays is somehow an upgrade? If only Gattis could resist the mothers of recruits.

And don’t get me started on hiring a DC away from a team that finished 118th in the country last year. 

I’m an IU fan, my Alma Mater.

1.  Gattis didn’t take off as an OC until Weiss was brought in.  He owes a lot of his success to Weiss.

2.  The Gattis story about a recruits’ mother has been disproven and false.

3.  Minter also had success at the NFL level, way to pinpoint his Vandy days (with invalid stats by the way).

4.  My statement about Harbaugh hiring home runs at DC still stands.

5.  IU has beaten Michigan once in football in the last three decades.  You should probably sit the rest of this one out.

Wolves shouldn’t concern themselves with the opinions of sheep…but guess I love to continually dunk on you.

Edited by temptation