Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A/5A schools without turf

26 minutes ago, Grover said:

But that doesn't get the old "stay-off-my-lawn" types as worked up as football does.  Therefore it will be called a football field!!  Harumph!!

😂. I’m 44. Wouldn’t call me old. Been around the game of football since I was 11. 

The bells and whistles are to “keep up with the jonses” and not needed at all.  Most, if not all, at the tax payers expense. As long as the tax payers get to vote on their local decisions, is all that matters. 

4 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

They don't get old? Ever? 

Eeeesh. Not for me. ✌

They play their home games at Reitz. I believe they and Ev Mem both have turf practice fields. 

That is correct Coach. Both use the turf fields for all sorts of athletic and non-athletic purposes. Great investments for each school.

3 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Memorial plays home varsity games at Enlow Field (on the campus of Bosse HS) and Mater Dei plays home varsity games at Reitz Bowl.

Both teams play sub-varsity (7, 8, Freshman, JV) games on the turf practice fields on their respective campuses.

I always thought Memorial looked sexier at Harrison.  They always just seem like such a visitor at Enlow....just me, I'm weird.

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Memorial plays home varsity games at Enlow Field (on the campus of Bosse HS) and Mater Dei plays home varsity games at Reitz Bowl.

Both teams play sub-varsity (7, 8, Freshman, JV) games on the turf practice fields on their respective campuses.

I know this. Memorial handled us in 2017? I think that was the year. 

2 hours ago, tango said:

That is correct Coach. Both use the turf fields for all sorts of athletic and non-athletic purposes. Great investments for each school.

Agreed. Incredibly well ran programs. 

7 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

No clue what that link was. 

Just to be clear.. you're saying that Memorial and Mater Dei don't play their home games at the Reitz Bowl and Enlow? 

I didn’t say that. Unsure how you could even come to that conclusion. Oldtimeqb actually cleared any confusion up in his comment. Sometime yesterday. Mater Dei has a field, but doesn’t play there. Got it.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I didn’t say that. Unsure how you could even come to that conclusion. Oldtimeqb actually cleared any confusion up in his comment. Sometime yesterday. Mater Dei has a field, but doesn’t play there. Got it.

Your link didn't work. I have no idea what that link would have shown. 

I told you Reitz didn't have their own field and then you posted "not according to this".. which I still have no clue what that link was... and then Oldtimeqb posted exactly what I said, and he cleared it up? You said not according to their schedule.. what schedule? 

I knew Mater Dei didn't use their turf practice field for games. We have played Mater Dei twice in the Reitz Bowl. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

53 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I told you Reitz didn't have their own field

huh?

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

which I still have no clue what that link was.

It was a link to their schedule on the school's website.

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

You said not according to their schedule.. what schedule?

This one: 

mater dei.jpg

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

huh?

It was a link to their schedule on the school's website.

This one: 

mater dei.jpg

I tried 50 different ways to get that link to work and I couldn't figure it out. I have no idea why their school website says that. Very weird. 

They have played at the Reitz Bowl for a long, long time. 

Incredible venue if you have never been. I believe it seats over 10K. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1