Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A Season Outlook--Discuss

40 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Strength of schedule? 

It was only after 2 weeks of play. I didn't claim those teams had the best defenses in the state (and even mentioned I did not anticipate it ending up that way when it is all said and done). It was just an interesting coincidence that those 3 teams are all in the same sectional and at the time had the top 3 scoring defenses in the state. My post was merely meant to congratulate those teams' Ds strong starts. Doesn't matter who the opponent is in my opinion, holding any team to less than 7 points is always impressive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BTF said:

Telling someone not to respond to your posts is an overreaction. Yuccaguy is an outstanding contributor to this forum who's opinions are as appreciated. We as fans do battle, but at the end of the day we all share the same passion for the greatest game at the greatest level. 

That being said, I have Westfield and Carroll on a level playing field right now after further review. There's something to be said for the Rocks in beating Lawrence Central by a wider margin than HSE did. Carroll/Westfield would be a barnburner in my opinion. I still don't think it will come into fruition though. I think it will be Carmel, HSE, or fishers to represent the area at Semi-State. And Carroll will have their hands full with Penn and Crown Point. No offense to any of the great teams not mentioned. The northern bracket of 6A will be exciting to say the least. 

Fair enough. .

This spiraled out of control...  I apologize for being so terse!  

I admire BTF and all he gives to the GID.  Perhaps this is a good time for "this guy" to concentrate on the field of play, rather than the ratings/rankings.  

And here is one thing we can BOTH agree upon.  The "truly" Northern schools in IN (not the donut schools) need to step up and become competitive in every way from 4A to 6A!  

WIth the SAC changing their scheduling...that is a wonderful step in the right direction.  

AGAIN: My apologies for being a "ButtHead"

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Didn't see a thread for 6A and the season currently, but thought it was interesting to see Sectional 2 with the top 3 scoring defenses in 6A (and all 4 teams in Top 10) so far through Week 2. I do not necessarily expect it to end up that way when it's all said and done, but wanted to give a shoutout to those team's defensive units. 

6A

1. Elkhart   3.50 
2. Penn   6.00
3. Warsaw   7.00

4. Lake Central   8.00
5. Fishers   8.50
6. Crown Point   9.00
7. Hamilton Southeastern   10.50
7. Homestead   10.50
9. Carroll (FW)   12.00
9. Franklin Central   12.00

Well I called this out after Week 2 - and it looks to have held up pretty well! Just super interesting to see all 4 of the teams in Sectional 2 included in the Top 5 Scoring Ds for 6A through the regular season. You can argue about each of these teams strength of schedules, I don't care, just an neat observation here. Should be some great matchups between those 4 teams!

6A - Scoring Defense

1. Carroll (FW) 7.56
2. Elkhart 8.78
3. Penn 12.44

4. Crown Point 13.56
5. Warsaw 14.11
6. Cathedral 16.38
7. Hamilton Southeastern 16.78
8. Carmel 17.44
9. Lake Central 18.00
10. Lafayette Jeff 18.22

No one in the North can compete with South period! Carrol might be able to cover receivers but their D- line is small and when a big line dominates them cause size does matter they won’t be able to rush or stop the run! Penn is improving but not near the talent of what it takes to compete with Indy schools . Will it come back ? Doubt it! Penn still  living in the past !  Crown point line is big and  good! Great running game! Great coaches! DEFENSE IS average. Who ever  The Royals  play for semi-state it will be a 14+ win. 

Still rooting  for Carrol , Penn , or Cp to make it to Indy!   Just my thoughts!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boilerup said:

No one in the North can compete with South period! Carrol might be able to cover receivers but their D- line is small and when a big line dominates them cause size does matter they won’t be able to rush or stop the run! Penn is improving but not near the talent of what it takes to compete with Indy schools . Will it come back ? Doubt it! Penn still  living in the past !  Crown point line is big and  good! Great running game! Great coaches! DEFENSE IS average. Who ever  The Royals  play for semi-state it will be a 14+ win. 

Still rooting  for Carrol , Penn , or Cp to make it to Indy!   Just my thoughts!

Fear you are right, hope you are wrong.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Fear you are right, hope you are wrong.

Glimmer of hope with Carroll. We won't know what they are really made of until they play out of town opponents. They do appear to be better than last year though. 

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Never, since the inception of 6A has there been a postseason with so much intrigue and so wide open.

I think you could honestly make a case for 25 percent of the class to get hot and end up in LOS on Thanksgiving weekend.

Hell, taking it a step farther you could make a case that teams like Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Carmel, Westfield, Carroll and Penn could just as easily lose in game 1 as make it to the state title game.

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Hell, taking it a step farther you could make a case that teams like Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Carmel, Westfield, Carroll and Penn could just as easily lose in game 1 as make it to the state title game.

I still wanna say Carroll and Crown point are a step behind the Indy schools. We'll find out when Hamilton Southeastern rolls in at semi-state. We already know Penn and Jefferson are a step behind............both multi touchdown victims to Cathedral. Although Penn was scary close for three quarters.