Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC schedule and predictions week 2

week 2 DAC schedule with predictions!! Chime in everyone!!

Chesterton @ warsaw: warsaw opened up some eyes with there trashing of Michigan city! Chesterton dominated Hobart early behind a brand new QB!! This game will come down to who’s defense is better. Chesterton has a veteran defense and are up for the task. Chesterton by 10

Crown point @ Andrean: crown point beat up a Lowell team that coukd not handle size/speed/athletes. Andrean played merrillville and held there own for half the game. They unfortunately have lost there QB to injury 🙏🏻. But the back up looked fine against the pirates. This game will be close but I’m taking drayk Bowen to run through the crown point defense and lead the 59ers to a win by 7!

Hammond central @ Valpo: not much to say here Hammond dominate against a SB school. Valpo got dominated against Penn, Valpo is the better program Hammond doesn’t have the depth to compete. Valpo by 35+

laffyette jeff @ Michigan city: laffyette got handled by cathedral last week. But showed promise. Michigan city couldnt get anything going last week! Lafayette had the harder game and stood tough. Lafayette by 10

lake central @ providence catholic (IL): don’t know much about Illinois schools but I hear this one’s good. I’ll take them by 21 

lowell @ laporte: both run well and defense is average. Lowell wins on road by 10

merrillville @ hobart: Hobart had some turnovers against Chesterton that were key to the game. Merrillville tan all over Andrean and has a suffocating defense. I’ll take merrillville by 35. Merrillville varsity defense will pitch a shut out 

penn @ portage: not much to say here! If the old Penn is back they win this by 35. If last week was a fluke and Valpo is that bad I’ll take Penn by 7

- Warsaw's QB went down against City. Chesterton surprised a lot of people last week with how they handled Hobart. I think the Trojans get it done. 

- Crown Point gave the entire Region a big statement last week. They should take care of Andrean easily. 

- Valpo should roll. Not sure this game needs to be played anymore after this year. 

- As I suspected, it looks like City might be in a little bit of a down year. Jeff will roll.

- I guess we'll see how much LC has improved under Good so far. I think Providence wins this one comfortably. 

- Lowell got blasted last week but I think they bounce back this week. 

- Ville should win this one with little resistance. 

- Penn should crush Portage. 

12 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

- Warsaw's QB went down against City. Chesterton surprised a lot of people last week with how they handled Hobart. I think the Trojans get it done. 

- Crown Point gave the entire Region a big statement last week. They should take care of Andrean easily. 

- Valpo should roll. Not sure this game needs to be played anymore after this year. 

- As I suspected, it looks like City might be in a little bit of a down year. Jeff will roll.

- I guess we'll see how much LC has improved under Good so far. I think Providence wins this one comfortably. 

- Lowell got blasted last week but I think they bounce back this week. 

- Ville should win this one with little resistance. 

- Penn should crush Portage. 

I wouldn’t say crown point sent a statement. That’s what they should do against Lowell. I think they struggle with Andrean. They now get to face a team that can throw and has some speed. 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Chesterton @ warsaw: warsaw opened up some eyes with there trashing of Michigan city! Chesterton dominated Hobart early behind a brand new QB!! This game will come down to who’s defense is better. Chesterton has a veteran defense and are up for the task. Chesterton by 10

Warsaw’s starting QB was injured and is out.

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

You can't really say it's 'what they should do' when their record against them the last 10 years is about .500. That's by far the largest margin of victory I've seen in the leather helmet game. That was Buz's statement game. 

We will see. If Andrean pulls some players this week I expect the same. But what if merrillville still rolls them by 30+?  Y’all gotta remember crown point still doesn’t have the speed or the athlete’s. They are a ground and pound team that won’t do anything in the air against a athletic defense (merrillville, Michigan city most years) to me buz has a lot more to prove he has 3? 4? Former merrillville coaches in his staff too and they still can’t compete last few years 

39 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

We will see. If Andrean pulls some players this week I expect the same. But what if merrillville still rolls them by 30+?  Y’all gotta remember crown point still doesn’t have the speed or the athlete’s. They are a ground and pound team that won’t do anything in the air against a athletic defense (merrillville, Michigan city most years) to me buz has a lot more to prove he has 3? 4? Former merrillville coaches in his staff too and they still can’t compete last few years 

You getting a little jealous of the attention Crown Point is getting? 

42 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

huh? You literally started this thread by saying Lowell couldn't handle the speed and athletes of Crown Point. 

3 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Crown point @ Andrean: crown point beat up a Lowell team that coukd not handle size/speed/athletes. Andrean played merrillville and held there own for half the game. They unfortunately have lost there QB to injury 🙏🏻. But the back up looked fine against the pirates. This game will be close but I’m taking drayk Bowen to run through the crown point defense and lead the 59ers to a win by 7!

Interesting take. I have to think Niner fans won't be as optimistic considering they lost QB1 and Crown Point absolutely demolished a peer of the '59'ers. What say you @Andrean4life? Do you agree with Parkhurst?

19 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Interesting take. I have to think Niner fans won't be as optimistic considering they lost QB1 and Crown Point absolutely demolished a peer of the '59'ers. What say you @Andrean4life? Do you agree with Parkhurst?

You did look at stats and saw the backup did better than the starter right? 

24 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

This is interesting. Losing the starter is definitely big. But the backup stepped in and as he said did better than the starter. Bowen was held in check by speed of there defense. I believe we are gonna be a more potent run attack against crown point. I’m not gonna say we win. But I do think crown point is over hyped from the Lowell game. They have a big line which will cause issues but only player to be concerned with is the RB for them. We have some speed to contain him. Unlike Lowell. But I will go out in a limb and say next week crown point isn’t in that game with merrillville. Merrillville offense played horrible and still beat us by 20. They also left another 14-17 points on the field in my opinion. But I do believe crown point is overhyped and everyone is running off the buzz name. We beat them last year. Same team for them just had more time with there coach. I expect them to be better. But we will see. I don’t think they can stop Bowen (if he plays) may not play. And Patrick clacks has speed that they couldn’t stay in front of last year. 

18 minutes ago, Andrean4life said:

This is interesting. Losing the starter is definitely big. But the backup stepped in and as he said did better than the starter. Bowen was held in check by speed of there defense. I believe we are gonna be a more potent run attack against crown point. I’m not gonna say we win. But I do think crown point is over hyped from the Lowell game. They have a big line which will cause issues but only player to be concerned with is the RB for them. We have some speed to contain him. Unlike Lowell. But I will go out in a limb and say next week crown point isn’t in that game with merrillville. Merrillville offense played horrible and still beat us by 20. They also left another 14-17 points on the field in my opinion. But I do believe crown point is overhyped and everyone is running off the buzz name. We beat them last year. Same team for them just had more time with there coach. I expect them to be better. But we will see. I don’t think they can stop Bowen (if he plays) may not play. And Patrick clacks has speed that they couldn’t stay in front of last year. 

Yeah, 100% Parkhurst burner 

1 hour ago, Andrean4life said:

Just to be clear. We’re talking about Scott Ballantine, right? Threw for nearly 3,000 yards last year and was QB1 for the State Champions. He’s not better than his backup? You can’t be serious. @Piratefan101you still agree with @Andrean4life? One slow start against a D starting 9 D1 recruits and he’s already yesterdays news? C’mon, James Banks in his prime couldn’t handle the Bucs D!

39 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Just to be clear. We’re talking about Scott Ballantine, right? Threw for nearly 3,000 yards last year and was QB1 for the State Champions. He’s not better than his backup? You can’t be serious. @Piratefan101you still agree with @Andrean4life? One slow start against a D starting 9 D1 recruits and he’s already yesterdays news? C’mon, James Banks in his prime couldn’t handle the Bucs D!

I didn’t say he wasn’t better? I said he didn’t preform better that game. The backup did do better that game. In no way shape or form am I saying he is T better. All I said is in 1 game he did better. And he looked good out there. Poised under pressure. I just don’t think we lose anything but leadership. The kid is a freshman 

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Yeah, 100% Parkhurst burner 

Who is parkhurst? 

2 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

You did look at stats and saw the backup did better than the starter right? 

For 1 game. Don’t think just because of 1 game he is better. But he did do better that game! 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

I'm still shaking my head at the LHS-CP game.  I knew the Red Devils are down, but I wasn't expecting them to get skunked, although I must give the Dogs their props.  Onto the CP-Andrean game, the Nines only scored a touchdown, right?  Sure it came against Merrillville, and although I know football is not transitive, I still like CP, 31-14.  As for Lowell-Portage, RDP 24-10.

9 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Just the guy you said you talked to in a completely different thread. 

I don’t know him by his last name? If your talking about cody? 

9 hours ago, Gipper said:

I'm still shaking my head at the LHS-CP game.  I knew the Red Devils are down, but I wasn't expecting them to get skunked, although I must give the Dogs their props.  Onto the CP-Andrean game, the Nines only scored a touchdown, right?  Sure it came against Merrillville, and although I know football is not transitive, I still like CP, 31-14.  As for Lowell-Portage, RDP 24-10.

Andrean didn’t even score. We had a pick 6. They held us to like 50 yards…

9 hours ago, Gipper said:

Btw Lowell plays Laporte not portage 

58 minutes ago, Andrean4life said:

I don’t know him by his last name? If your talking about cody? 

Andrean didn’t even score. We had a pick 6. They held us to like 50 yards…

“Your/There.”

This is such comedy at this point.

Is Hobart4Life coming to the board next?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Just watched the first quarter of the LC / Munster game. Xavier Williams is a beast. I’m impressed by the progress I’ve seen in Lake Central’s offense. Let’s see if it carries west on 30 into New Lenox.  

He isn’t to shabby. But they did okay Munster and most people from the DAC looking invinsible to munster

5 hours ago, Andrean4life said:

He isn’t to shabby. But they did okay Munster and most people from the DAC looking invinsible to munster

Agreed Cody#2. It's just Munster. But, LC's offense and especially Xavier Williams looked dialed in. I was impressed. Maybe they'll come back down to earth against Providence Catholic. I was intrigued by the Good hire from the get go. Looking forward to seeing if he can get LC over .500 this year. 

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed Cody#2. It's just Munster. But, LC's offense and especially Xavier Williams looked dialed in. I was impressed. Maybe they'll come back down to earth against Providence Catholic. I was intrigued by the Good hire from the get go. Looking forward to seeing if he can get LC over .500 this year. 

Isn’t that the coach that came from calumet? And I’m not cody. The name is Ryan