Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 3


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

At first, I was like who is this #4 kid on the team. But he had a very great game

Somebody near me said “They’ve already got Brady Combs out there playing!”  I knew that wasn’t right, Brady is out for the season.  But Brady is listed as #4.

They need to get an updated roster printed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Somebody near me said “They’ve already got Brady Combs out there playing!”  I knew that wasn’t right, Brady is out for the season.  But Brady is listed as #4.

They need to get an updated roster printed.

There is some new numbers I have seen on the sideline too, wonder if the team got some late joiners 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, combthehair said:

Bring some freshmen up maybe? We did which is rare. 

I’m surprised Eliot Smith isn’t playing varsity for you guys.  That kid is going to be the best player in the SIAC for a good part of the next several years.

He’s already 6’3” 220 - playing RB and LB.  And very athletically gifted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m surprised Eliot Smith isn’t playing varsity for you guys.  That kid is going to be the best player in the SIAC for a good part of the next several years.

He’s already 6’3” 220 - playing RB and LB.  And very athletically gifted.

I think it’s good that we don’t. I personally don’t like seeing freshmen running backs. It’s such a big difference to go from 8th grade to varsity and how hard you get hit. I remember the youngest Schmidt boy in 2003. He got clobbered against Roncolli in semi state. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, combthehair said:

I think it’s good that we don’t. I personally don’t like seeing freshmen running backs. It’s such a big difference to go from 8th grade to varsity and how hard you get hit. I remember the youngest Schmidt boy in 2003. He got clobbered against Roncolli in semi state. 

I can understand that.  But he’s good enough to play at that level today.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him getting Power 5 offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Rodes officially 18 carries/174 yards 2 TDs in his season opener. His 2nd TD was recorded at 16.5 mph according to IndianaSRN

I think it was 19.2 mph which is moving pretty good. 16.5 wouldn’t be very fast for RB. 

Edited by Screagle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Last night it seemed to go in reverse. I was in a very dark place after the MD loss, but IU came back and won their pillow fight of a game against a fellow big ten bottom feeder so I perked back up to end the night. 
 

Nice win VL, you made the wildcat defense look like they were playing checkers while you were playing chess for a lot of the night. Good luck the rest of the way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...