Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ranking the North

49 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

New Pal would run over Northwood like there not even there , game would get ugly . 

You are probably more familiar with Northwood than I am. I guess we'll see what happens. Personally, I'd love to see New Pal in 5a this year. 

4 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I think they are the best team in the state regardless of class . 

They can certainly make a legitimate case. I'd like to see how 5a North would compete with them. But as a fan of the game, it'll be more fun to see how New Pal stacks up against the 6a mega schools. 

36 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Snider right now would lose to merrillville by 7-10

My post was about the fact that regardless of class the north is going to get torched come thanksgiving. Snider gets the benefit of the doubt because imo 5a is incredibly weak across the board, and I think they could sneak in and potentially win the thing.

I also believe that as a whole, Northwestern Indiana high school football is not good. Do with that what you will.

To edit onto that, because I can already hear the screeching out my window. 

There have been a few great teams to come out of the north recently, these are what we call "outliers"

none are present this year

and if one was it certainly is not Merriville.

Edited by Rodney

27 minutes ago, Rodney said:

My post was about the fact that regardless of class the north is going to get torched come thanksgiving. Snider gets the benefit of the doubt because imo 5a is incredibly weak across the board, and I think they could sneak in and potentially win the thing.

I also believe that as a whole, Northwestern Indiana high school football is not good. Do with that what you will.

To edit onto that, because I can already hear the screeching out my window. 

There have been a few great teams to come out of the north recently, these are what we call "outliers"

none are present this year

and if one was it certainly is not Merriville.

I think the north can come home with 3 state titles this year. 

Andrean to me is a easy pick. 

merrillville is possible 

Then (north Judson,Hanover,crown point 🤮,) are all capable to make it there 

52 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Highly debatable. Thankfully we'll likely get to see how it plays out in a few weeks. 

I’d like to see. But I don’t think snider will be there. Something is telling me dwenger comes out that sectional. Not sure what but they look most impressive to me if they clean up penalties and little things 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

I think the north can come home with 3 state titles this year. 

Andrean to me is a easy pick. 

merrillville is possible 

Then (north Judson,Hanover,crown point 🤮,) are all capable to make it there 

I’d like to see. But I don’t think snider will be there. Something is telling me dwenger comes out that sectional. Not sure what but they look most impressive to me if they clean up penalties and little things 

Dwenger?? How many games have you seen them play this year? I will guarantee you that Dwenger is not winning that sectional. Snider waxed them 28-0 3 days ago at Dwenger in a game that easily could have been 42-0. Snider will easily beat Dwenger again in the sectional and have to deal with likely North Side in the sectional final. 

8 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Dwenger?? How many games have you seen them play this year? I will guarantee you that Dwenger is not winning that sectional. Snider waxed them 28-0 3 days ago at Dwenger in a game that easily could have been 42-0. Snider will easily beat Dwenger again in the sectional and have to deal with likely North Side in the sectional final. 

Not disagreeing with you, but last year Snider beat Dwenger by 11 only to get double-upped by them in the sectional. Beating a team twice in a month is hard to do. 

6 hours ago, Rodney said:

If multiple teams in classes lower than 5a could walk in and take the trophy without breaking a sweat is it not weak?

Multiple teams? Are we talking two teams here?

Without breaking a sweat equates to blowing out your opponent. Let's wait a few weeks before drawing that conclusion. 

12 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I watched the game. And I saw DWenger make some mistakes. But snider struggled in the 1st half too. I just know what history says. And history says snider won’t come out if that sectional. And I’ll take dwenger in the rematch 

7 hours ago, Rodney said:

If multiple teams in classes lower than 5a could walk in and take the trophy without breaking a sweat is it not weak?

If they could of done it. They would of opted up like every coach can do. Since they didn’t I guess they couldn’t do it 

12 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

If they could of done it. They would of opted up like every coach can do. Since they didn’t I guess they couldn’t do it 

you really are delusional aren't you.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Multiple teams? Are we talking two teams here?

Without breaking a sweat equates to blowing out your opponent. Let's wait a few weeks before drawing that conclusion. 

2 teams below 5a could name their score on their way to the 5a trophy, but I believe up to 5 could make a legitimate run to the trophy if given the opportunity

Over the last decade there have been multiple teams in 5a which lost in the sectionals, or regionals. Some of these teams that were sectional cannon fodder, would dominate the playing field of 5a this year.

This is one of the weakest years 5a has had since the mega schools split into 6a.

whoever comes out on top in 5a this year would get waxed by every 5a champion of the past decade, as well as most of the 4a champions of the past decade.

21 minutes ago, Rodney said:

2 teams below 5a could name their score on their way to the 5a trophy, but I believe up to 5 could make a legitimate run to the trophy if given the opportunity

Over the last decade there have been multiple teams in 5a which lost in the sectionals, or regionals. Some of these teams that were sectional cannon fodder, would dominate the playing field of 5a this year.

This is one of the weakest years 5a has had since the mega schools split into 6a.

whoever comes out on top in 5a this year would get waxed by every 5a champion of the past decade, as well as most of the 4a champions of the past decade.

Noted. And thank for your insight. Snider, Merrillville, Mishawaka,  and North Side must really be awful. 

5 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

I watched the game. And I saw DWenger make some mistakes. But snider struggled in the 1st half too. I just know what history says. And history says snider won’t come out if that sectional. And I’ll take dwenger in the rematch 

You watched the Snider/Dwenger game and reached this conclusion? Without the 2 turnovers by Snider in the 1st half, the final score is 42-0. Dwenger had less then 200 yards offense, couldn’t throw the ball at all, and got dominated on the line of scrimmage. You better hope for a rainstorm of epic proportions and a final score of 2-0…

4 hours ago, Rodney said:

you really are delusional aren't you.

I guess when Snider played New Palestine in the state title game a few years ago people were saying Snider should stay home as they would be blown out I am sure you were one of them… By the way, Snider beat New Pal in of the great state title games in Indiana history… Thanks for your concern though

Edited by Komets2727

50 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I guess when Snider played New Palestine in the state title game a few years ago people were saying Snider should stay home as they would be blown out I am sure you were one of them… By the way, Snider beat New Pal in of the great state title games in Indiana history… Thanks for your concern though

I was sitting in the end zone during that game.

This in no way invalidates what I said previously.

5 hours ago, Rodney said:

this Snider team would get blown out by the Snider team of 2015. 
Reading comprehension is not that difficult

Also, if you would care to read I originally stated that Snider was the only hope in the north, so please redirect your tears to the guy that thinks they won't make it out of the sectional, he isn't to smart but he has a lot of heart.

Edited by Rodney
because I want to

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Also, if you would care to read I originally stated that Snider was the only hope in the north, so please redirect your tears to the guy that thinks they won't make it out of the sectional, he isn't to smart but he has a lot of heart.

Too* 

Not a great look messing that up when attacking someone else's intelligence.