Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 1A Bracket Analysis

This bracket is about one team and one team only.

The Favorite:  

Lutheran - The Saints have passed every test thrown at them as they attempt to defend their crown from 2021.  Only one win in single digits and two within two possessions.  I have a feeling they may be able to name their score Thanksgiving weekend.

The Contenders:  (Sorted alphabetically.)

Adams Central - The Flying Jets are looking to get another crack and Lutheran and would be undefeated if they do so.  A nice win over an Eastside squad whom I have a lot of respect for is their signature victory.  We will see if they can get back and finish the job this time.

North Judson - The Blue Jays enter the tournament a t 8-1 and have solid shutout win over a good Knox squad on their resume.  They did fall to 2A LaVille in OT in week 8 which is nothing to be ashamed of.

The Sleepers:  (Sorted alphabetically.)

North Decatur - A tough one out of the gate for the Chargers as they travel to Tri.  Should they get by that one, the regional shapes up nicely before Lutheran likely awaits in the semi-state.

South Putnam - The Eagles get much respect from this guy for taking on all comers.  After traveling to Indy to test their mettle against a quality Heritage Christian unit, they also took on a great 2A squad in Linton to close out the season.  They will be tested right out of the gate as they travel back to Indy, where Lutheran awaits.

Temp's Picks:

Sectional Champs:

North Judson

Park Tudor

Carroll (Flora)

Adams Central

Sheridan

North Decatur

Lutheran

Providence

Regional Champs:

North Judson

Adams Central

North Decatur

Lutheran

Semi-State Champs:

Adams Central

Lutheran

State Champions:  Lutheran

What say you?

Give me Tecumseh to take it all.

Tecumseh is a PAC team in all sports except football, but this is the final year before they rejoin football conference play in the small school division. 

they are 8-0 (not sure why they didn’t play 9 games) but doesn’t matter as they dominated everyone including 7-2 North Posey and 8-1 Perry Central.  

this is definitely biased but hey…would love to welcome Tecumseh back to PAC football as a reigning champ and since they are 8-0 I’m not going to pick them to lose 

25 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Give me Tecumseh to take it all.

Tecumseh is a PAC team in all sports except football, but this is the final year before they rejoin football conference play in the small school division. 

they are 8-0 (not sure why they didn’t play 9 games) but doesn’t matter as they dominated everyone including 7-2 North Posey and 8-1 Perry Central.  

this is definitely biased but hey…would love to welcome Tecumseh back to PAC football as a reigning champ and since they are 8-0 I’m not going to pick them to lose 

Rock Creek cancelled their season which was thier week 9 opp. I'm not sure how Tecumsehs 4 and 5 wide sets will go in the colder weather. I think them vs (assuming) Providence should a great match up. 

57 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Rock Creek cancelled their season which was thier week 9 opp. I'm not sure how Tecumsehs 4 and 5 wide sets will go in the colder weather. I think them vs (assuming) Providence should a great match up. 

That would explain it.  

admittedly, I don’t know Jack about 1A football other that Lutheran should walk to 15-0.  I don’t know anything about providence either except that they are 6-3.  But I’m assuming they play a tougher schedule to be favored over a 9-0 team 

52 minutes ago, littledog said:

I hope they do. They'll need to play a complete game to take down AC. Judson will have to do a much better job of setting the edge this year.

I think they're much improved from last season on the defense side of the ball. Should be a good one if it comes down to it.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, temptation said:

The Favorite:  

Lutheran - The Saints have passed every test thrown at them as they attempt to defend their crown from 2021.  Only one win in single digits and two within two possessions.  I have a feeling they may be able to name their score Thanksgiving weekend.

Adams Central - The Flying Jets are looking to get another crack and Lutheran and would be undefeated if they do so.  A nice win over an Eastside squad whom I have a lot of respect for is their signature victory.  We will see if they can get back and finish the job this time.

North Judson - The Blue Jays enter the tournament a t 8-1 and have solid shutout win over a good Knox squad on their resume.  They did fall to 2A LaVille in OT in week 8 which is nothing to be ashamed of.

North Decatur - A tough one out of the gate for the Chargers as they travel to Tri.  Should they get by that one, the regional shapes up nicely before Lutheran likely awaits in the semi-state.

South Putnam - The Eagles get much respect from this guy for taking on all comers.  After traveling to Indy to test their mettle against a quality Heritage Christian unit, they also took on a great 2A squad in Linton to close out the season.  They will be tested right out of the gate as they travel back to Indy, where Lutheran awaits.

Temp's Picks:

Sectional Champs:

North Judson

Park Tudor

Carroll (Flora)

Adams Central

Sheridan

North Decatur

Lutheran

Providence

Regional Champs:

North Judson

Adams Central

North Decatur

Lutheran

Semi-State Champs:

Adams Central

Lutheran

What say you?

I say if one could bet on high school football, I'd throw down my entire retirement $ on Lutheran :)

• Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1

On 10/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, temptation said:

The Favorite:  

Temp's Picks:

Sectional Champs:

North Judson

Park Tudor

Carroll (Flora)

Adams Central

Sheridan

North Decatur

Lutheran

Providence

Regional Champs:

North Judson

Adams Central

North Decatur

Lutheran

Semi-State Champs:

Adams Central

Lutheran

What say you?

Don't sleep on Sheridan in the Regionals. They will play Host to North Decatur as they are guaranteed to be on the road for the sectional final against a .500 team and N Decatur will Host their Sectional Final...

Blackhawks have a tough Rushing Defense and hardnosed Rushing Offense. Hard match up for anyone, ask Carroll(Flora), Sheridan did not play their best game by far at Carroll and were able to squeak out the win against an undefeated Conference rival.

I think N Decatur will surly be favorites but I can see Sheridan giving them a good game!