Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023

Irishman

21 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Tom Allen will have a much larger voice and subsequent impact at Penn State (one way or the other) as DC than Kevin Wilson did at Ohio State. Wilson was OC in name-only. Ryan Day has and continues to call plays at Ohio State and did so throughout Wilson's entire tenure.

Expected Tom Allen to only go for a strong, hands on approach with what he decided on next. After all, he has the $. All he needed was his dream situation. Penn St D makes great sense. Good for him. And the $ as DC will be as Cousin Eddie said in Christmas Vacation, "something real nice."

Edited by ragdoll
grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Expected Tom Allen to only go for a strong, hands on approach with what he decided on next. After all, he has the $. All he needed was his dream situation. Penn St D makes great sense. Good for him. And the $ as DC will be as Cousin Eddie said in Christmas Vacation, "something real nice."

Agreed....except I do think Franklin may find himself on the hot seat soon. While he has been a victim of a similar fate as IU; being stuck in the East division, he was able to win the division/conference in his 3rd year, but has struggled to attain that level of play since. And I am going out on a limb to say PSU fans are little more impatient than IU fans. 

39 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Agreed....except I do think Franklin may find himself on the hot seat soon. While he has been a victim of a similar fate as IU; being stuck in the East division, he was able to win the division/conference in his 3rd year, but has struggled to attain that level of play since. And I am going out on a limb to say PSU fans are little more impatient than IU fans. 

Definitely not looking good for James and only gonna get harder with the west coasters coming in next year.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Definitely not looking good for James and only gonna get harder with the west coasters coming in next year.

They do get a bit of relief with not having to play both osu and Michigan the next 4 years. It actually pisses me off because IU still plays both of them next year and in 26. 

As a final send off to 2023, Tom Allen contract at PSU is 3 years, starting at $1.5M first year it is reported. What a year for Tom Allen, just had to lose plenty to win. All he needed to cap it was great legal and accounting. 

Anyone  know that song "Act Naturally" by Buck Owens and the Buckaroos?

• Like 2