Jump to content
Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023


Irishman

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

….kinda like you on this forum from your basement?

Let’s be honest…if Cignetti would have left it at Purdue and Ohio State sucks, you would have been just fine  But you got your panties in a wad because he included your favorite team.  Take a breath Karen.  
 

Heck, if Cignetti was honest, he would have said those cheating turds at Michigan suck! 

 

 

I’ve been clear on here before…I don’t have a basement.

Just a guy trying to get by and survive while making a difference in the lives of children…

While taking jabs (feel more like mosquito bites honestly) from bitter old “accountants” on a high school football message board.

Somehow I manage.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, temptation said:

I’ve been clear on here before…I don’t have a basement.

Just a guy trying to get by and survive while making a difference in the lives of children…

While taking jabs (feel more like mosquito bites honestly) from bitter old “accountants” on a high school football message board.

Somehow I manage.

Lol…so now I must be an accountant. Learn something new everyday.

Glad you feel you are making a difference…why allow others to pat you on your back, when you can do it yourself?  Very special….

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Lol…so now I must be an accountant. Learn something new everyday.

Glad you feel you are making a difference…why allow others to pat you on your back, when you can do it yourself?  Very special….

 

Triceps extensions daily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Lol…so now I must be an accountant. Learn something new everyday.

Glad you feel you are making a difference…why allow others to pat you on your back, when you can do it yourself?  Very special….

 

He's good at that.  We must admit that.  He knows all about everything and then some.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Sorsby entering the portal and now their incoming QB recruit Timothy Carpenter decommitting, does this make things look more attractive for either Danny O'Neil or Tyler Cherry as a possibility at IU??

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2024-quarterback-timothy-carpenter-decommits-from-iu/#:~:text=Indiana has lost its quarterback,and re open my recruitment.

 

Edited by Bash Riprock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

With Sorsby entering the portal and now their incoming QB recruit Timothy Carpenter decommitting, does this make things look more attractive for either Danny O'Neil or Tyler Cherry as a possibility at IU??

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2024-quarterback-timothy-carpenter-decommits-from-iu/#:~:text=Indiana has lost its quarterback,and re open my recruitment.

 

New staff has offered former JMU commit Alberto Mendoza out of powerhouse Miami (FL) Columbus HS. Older brother Fernando plays at Cal and played pretty well as a freshman after being named full-time starter halfway through the year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

With Sorsby entering the portal and now their incoming QB recruit Timothy Carpenter decommitting, does this make things look more attractive for either Danny O'Neil or Tyler Cherry as a possibility at IU??

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2024-quarterback-timothy-carpenter-decommits-from-iu/#:~:text=Indiana has lost its quarterback,and re open my recruitment.

 

Would add that I don't believe Cherry is a great fit for the type of offense Cignetti and staff run. Lots of RPO and need QB with some good mobility. I'd think Cherry would be a great fit in Jeff Brohm's offense down at Louisville but realize going from Duke to Louisville is a significant demotion on the academic side of things which I'm sure played a huge role in him ending up at Duke in the first place.

Did Cherry end up de-committing? I know there was speculation with the coaching change but hadn't heard. Either way, he has a bright future ahead. O'Neil too.

Edited by Footballking16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Would add that I don't believe Cherry is a great fit for the type of offense Cignetti and staff run. Lots of RPO and need QB with some good mobility. I'd think Cherry would be a great fit in Jeff Brohm's offense down at Louisville but realize going from Duke to Louisville is a significant demotion on the academic side of things which I'm sure played a huge role in him ending up at Duke in the first place.

Did Cherry end up de-committing? I know there was speculation with the coaching change but hadn't heard. Either way, he has a bright future ahead. O'Neil too.

Good thoughts...don't disagree with your points.  I also agree with Cherry and your Duke comments. He's an outstanding student.  I don't believe he has decommitted...guessing waiting to see what transpires.  I did see where the Duke starting QB for most of the year (injury) entered the portal and keep reading about him at ND.  I am not sure of their position depth.  I have heard that Cherry is receiving a fair amount of contacts now from other schools.  (as O'Neil)

Will be interesting to see what transpires for these 2 excellent young men and athletes.  As you stated, they both have bright futures.  Was a true joy watching them play during their high school careers.  Cherry has 2 brothers following him and both are excellent athletes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Good thoughts...don't disagree with your points.  I also agree with Cherry and your Duke comments. He's an outstanding student.  I don't believe he has decommitted...guessing waiting to see what transpires.  I did see where the Duke starting QB for most of the year (injury) entered the portal and keep reading about him at ND.  I am not sure of their position depth.  I have heard that Cherry is receiving a fair amount of contacts now from other schools.  (as O'Neil)

Will be interesting to see what transpires for these 2 excellent young men and athletes.  As you stated, they both have bright futures.  Was a true joy watching them play during their high school careers.  Cherry has 2 brothers following him and both are excellent athletes.  

More Cherry's? Jeez

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

More Cherry's? Jeez

LOL...don't believe they are QB's.  Soph brother was an excellent contributor on the Dline (DE) this past varsity season.  Listed at 6'4" 235lbs and is an outstanding baseball player as well.  Athletic and could see him play at either DE or TE in the future.  Youngest brother (I believe) was a standout on the Junior Trojan football team that claimed another IEFA championship.  

Edited by Bash Riprock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

With Sorsby entering the portal and now their incoming QB recruit Timothy Carpenter decommitting, does this make things look more attractive for either Danny O'Neil or Tyler Cherry as a possibility at IU??

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2024-quarterback-timothy-carpenter-decommits-from-iu/#:~:text=Indiana has lost its quarterback,and re open my recruitment.

 

Welp looks like IU just offered Cherry so what do I know lol.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-recruiting-a-look-at-the-two-2024-quarterbacks-curt-cignetti-has-offered/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2023 at 5:11 PM, BTF said:

I was at a loss for words when it was suggested that he said that. I assumed maybe he said that to the media, which would have been bad. I don't see anything wrong with saying something like that to rev up the student body. 

Great hire in my opinion. Reminds me of Brian Kelly how he's done well at every stop. Learning from Saban helps just a little too. He sounds like he knows what he's doing, not just a rah rah guy. 

Sounds like he coached with Nick Saban and verbalized the things Saban would have said in private when he was at MSU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ragdoll said:

Sounds like he coached with Nick Saban and verbalized the things Saban would have said in private when he was at MSU.

Anyone question what Coach Smart (former Saban protege) said last year to his team about TCU. Was that more than hyperbole? Was that his actual core belief? The outcome resembled that. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2023 at 8:33 PM, Komets2727 said:

I hope this guy is legit, but I have my concerns. 62 years old really doesn’t lead to having time to build a program.  Not sure why he feels the need to poke the big boys, but I guess it is better than Biden talking about vanilla ice cream…

He’s not going to be long term anyway. If he sucks the will pay him to go away. If he wins a bigger program will hire him away. I just hope he leaves the program in a better place. 
The bar is pretty low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Sounds like he coached with Nick Saban and verbalized the things Saban would have said in private when he was at MSU.

Has Saban's arrogance too, maybe a even a little more. I struck that as odd being his first press conference at a Power Five program. 

In the end, I think he'll work out. I like his dedication to preparation. Bob Knight would approve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Donaven....stay away from the Dark Side!!!!  You're better than Emperor Harbaugh!!!

image.png.0ca53c9f51a59d8e6a7c2869dba8a02a.png

"Michigan 100 percent catches my eye," McCulley said. "I wanna get up there as soon as possible."
 

Apparently he disagrees with IU’s new football coach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, temptation said:

"Michigan 100 percent catches my eye," McCulley said. "I wanna get up there as soon as possible."
 

Apparently he disagrees with IU’s new football coach.

I can't imagine he's for everyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...