Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023

Irishman

• 3 weeks later...

Tom Allen has been fired this morning according to ESPN.com. Hie will be paid his full buyout, which is approximately 20.8 million dollars, which is one of the largest in college football history.

I never want to see anyone lose a job in today’s world, but 20.8 million is plenty to live on. Incompetence ruled Allen’s last couple years. 

• Thanks 1

great guy

That high energy rah rah is great, until, you lose and lose and lose some more, 18-23 year olds choose these days to tune out such gimmicky schtick when things go south, the folks who jumped the gun on the extension probably need to be held accountable as well bc 20 million buyout was horrendous for anyone in B10 not named OSU/MICH/PENN ST imo 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

great guy

That high energy rah rah is great, until, you lose and lose and lose some more, 18-23 year olds choose these days to tune out such gimmicky schtick when things go south, the folks who jumped the gun on the extension probably need to be held accountable as well bc 20 million buyout was horrendous for anyone in B10 not named OSU/MICH/PENN ST imo 

Will land on his feet as a DC somewhere if I had to guess.

Who’s Indiana’s first call?

47 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’d like to see them get Wazzu’s head coach Jake Dickert.  Bring the Wisconsin boy back to the Midwest.  Perhaps Iowa State’s Matt Campbell 

Edited by Bash Riprock

53 minutes ago, temptation said:

That is the million dollar question. I seriously have a hard time thinking that any power 5 head coach would leave their current position to come to IU. That leaves assistant coaches at power 5 schools as the next option or a D2/D3 head coach. 

The question that needs to be asked is the IU administration serious about competing in football at the D1 level? The answer forever is no. To compete at this level, you must put mega millions into your program and that part has been an utter failure. You must have tons of money for NIL, which they seemingly don’t. 

Edited by Komets2727

13 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I’d like to see them get Wazzu’s head coach Jake Dickert.  Bring the Wisconsin boy back to the Midwest.  Perhaps Iowa State’s Matt Campbell 

Just learned during the game yesterday that Dickert is from the same small town my grandparents moved to when they moved back to Wisconsin from Lemont, IL. We spent a lot of Summers as kids in Oconto, WI. 
I like Dickert too. Lord knows what happens with them next season as far as a conference goes. 
Two other names come to my mind….Mike Hart is one. He has been in the program at IU as a coach, so he has some idea of what needs to happen. Brian Hartline is the other. Both know what it takes to run a top 5 program. 
I would add there is one to avoid….Tommy Rees. Just never thought a lot of him as an OC, a job he would likely maintain if he were a head coach somewhere. And I am sure he is going to be actively looking. 

IU also needs to fire the asshat who included the huge buyout as part of the contract extension Allen got after the 2020 season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I liked Dickert up until he lost 8 games in a row. Would take Campbell in a heart beat, not sure he’d come. I could be talked into Jason Candle at Toledo and possibly Tom Herman or Paul Chryst.

If they hire Antwaan Randle-El like I’m hearing is a serious possibility, just play intramurals and use the money to buy the best basketball team possible.

21 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I liked Dickert up until he lost 8 games in a row. Would take Campbell in a heart beat, not sure he’d come. I could be talked into Jason Candle at Toledo and possibly Tom Herman or Paul Chryst.

If they hire Antwaan Randle-El like I’m hearing is a serious possibility, just play intramurals and use the money to buy the best basketball team possible.

Sherrone Moore?

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Well it also comes down to patience.  

Is IU willing to wait until mid January?

If that’s the deal breaker he should immediately be ruled out. Have to have a coach in place before the portal opens. Need first crack at incoming entries as well as the possibility to re-recruit the current roster. There’s some young offensive talent that IU would be wise to keep.

Let’s face it, IU might very well be the worst power 5 job out there. Even if they get an up and coming young coach, the first year they win 7 games, they will bolt for the first job offered. Honestly, unless someone unlocks the vault and gives access to mega millions of dollars, IU should be an intramural team

12 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Let’s face it, IU might very well be the worst power 5 job out there. Even if they get an up and coming young coach, the first year they win 7 games, they will bolt for the first job offered. Honestly, unless someone unlocks the vault and gives access to mega millions of dollars, IU should be an intramural team

I think Vanderbilt is worse…maybe even Stanford.

You don't want an assistant from Power 5 conference in my opinion, they are well thought of because they are benefits of being an assistant at a successful program, like Michigan, if you hire Moore for sake of conversation, he doesn't get to bring his roster and UM players are NOT portal skating to IU.   Plus you only get 1 shot at the free transfer, so, pick wisely

I think IU needs to be different, there are plenty of ROP spread teams out there, how dod you set yourself apart?   

Any real good Option Coaches still out there in College?   

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Hearing IU AD (and he sucks) has targeted Pat Fitzgerald (would be a great hire) but facing a major hurdle getting clearance from the university president and BoT. Jason Candle or Paul Chryst the other rumored candidates. Won’t need to interview outside that pool.

Would be happy with Fitzgerald, but if he wins 7-8 games in a year, he will be gone 

31 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Short term fix doesn’t help

Lol IU has never had a short term fix to have that problem. Give me a guy that wins 7-8 games a year for 3-4 years and gets hired away than a guy who wins 2-3 games over 3-4 years and lets the new guy start from scratch. IU football history the last century in a nutshell.

• Like 2