Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

Congrats to Springs Valleys Conner Chase and Larrion Childers on making region 9 all star team! Haven't seen region 10 but I assume I can give a congrats to Trey Rominger at the least. 

36 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Congrats to Springs Valleys Conner Chase and Larrion Childers on making region 9 all star team! Haven't seen region 10 but I assume I can give a congrats to Trey Rominger at the least. 

Region 10 Meeting is Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2024 at 7:33 PM, WWFan said:

Congrats to Springs Valleys Conner Chase and Larron Childers on making region 9 all star team! Haven't seen region 10 but I assume I can give a congrats to Trey Rominger at the least. 

Congrats to the players from Valley.  Perry also got to on the Region 9 All-Star Team!  Bowdie Cronin at Defensive Tackle and Sawyer Guillaume in the Offensive At-Large category!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cloudofdust said:

Looks like the playing surface at Salem will finally get an upgrade and should be ready for home opener in August.

This is exciting news! 

https://www.facebook.com/salem.schools.5

image.png.ee8762b4419245d2bca31cb00a5aefa1.png

Very exciting news. I had spoke with Seth Hobson last night and he said this went through... only replacing the press box, though? Which is VERY much needed to be replaced, but how old is the stadium itself? 

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Very exciting news. I had spoke with Seth Hobson last night and he said this went through... only replacing the press box, though? Which is VERY much needed to be replaced, but how old is the stadium itself? 

I've not heard any specifics on the press box but it looks like it was also approved and was definitely due to be replaced.

The stands themselves seem to be in good shape still. I believe they were put in in the early 90's. Could use a good power wash though!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cloudofdust said:

I've not heard any specifics on the press box but it looks like it was also approved and was definitely due to be replaced.

The stands themselves seem to be in good shape still. I believe they were put in in the early 90's. Could use a good power wash though!

Yeah, it was as bad as ours. Kinda scary lol 

Either way. Awesome they're investing in the youth. 

6 minutes ago, cloudofdust said:

I wasn't aware Corydon was getting it. That's great news as well.

That leaves Pekin, North Harrison, and Scottsburg. 

Yes we were approved for upgrades for the entire South Harrison School Corporation last fall.  Athletic upgrades include turf on the football field this summer (soccer and football will both play there), new track after the turf, and new locker room facilities ready for the 2025 season.

26 minutes ago, Coach_K said:

Yes we were approved for upgrades for the entire South Harrison School Corporation last fall.  Athletic upgrades include turf on the football field this summer (soccer and football will both play there), new track after the turf, and new locker room facilities ready for the 2025 season.

Wow, that will be a great change! A lot of these fields in this area haven't had major improvements in decades. They were nice at the time but times change.

51 minutes ago, cloudofdust said:

Wow, that will be a great change! A lot of these fields in this area haven't had major improvements in decades. They were nice at the time but times change.

All of our stadium was original (1965) when we replaced it. 

1 minute ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Per some conversations with people in the know, I don’t see Scottsburg replacing their surface anytime in the foreseeable future. 

I can see that. Scottsburg and Pekin both have newer hybrid fields I believe. They seem to be good shape.

I would bet North will jump on shortly after Corydon's goes in.

3 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

AD a former groundskeeper at a somewhat prestigious golf course. 

I mean, those are two pretty solid fields. Two of the better grass fields, consistently, that I've ever coached/played on. 

Salem/Corydon fields were poor. (just like ours was before we replaced it)... again, not a shot at either of those schools, just the reality. 

NH's field isn't bad, huge crown, which was annoying as a QB. They also have hills in the back of each endzone lol 

Edited by btownqbcoach1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WWFan said:

Jealous! Congrats to Salem

Year A (this year)... our schedule will look like this... 

Scrimmage- turf

1- turf

2- tuf

3- turf

4- turf

5-grass

6- tuf

7- turf

8- turf

9- turf

Year B (next year)

scrimmage- turf

1- turf

2- turf

3- grass

4- turf

5- turf

6- turf

7- turf

8- turf

9- grass

So... in a two-year time frame, our 20 schedule nights against other teams, 17 of them will be on turf. Wild 

Any school that has girls/boys soccer, marching band and football, should have turf. Sounds like the majority of the  MSC is finally getting that figured out, the rest will follow suit. 

Tough sell if it’s just for the football team and the school (and community in turn) has to foot the bill. 

On 1/27/2024 at 12:45 PM, Zonefball said:

Any school that has girls/boys soccer, marching band and football, should have turf. Sounds like the majority of the  MSC is finally getting that figured out, the rest will follow suit. 

Tough sell if it’s just for the football team and the school (and community in turn) has to foot the bill. 

How many of the PLAC/MSC teams do NOT have a soccer program?? Is Brownstown the only one?? 

20 hours ago, Zonefball said:

Brownstown and Eastern for football playing MSC schools

How on earth has Brownstown been able to thwart off having a soccer program at their school?? That seems almost implausible in this day and age? ?

20 minutes ago, jets said:

How on earth has Brownstown been able to thwart off having a soccer program at their school?? That seems almost implausible in this day and age? ?

We have 480 students, so 240-ish boys... 60-65 of those play football. We also don't really have anyone in the community that cares to have soccer.