Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 2

25 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Pressley got caught in the wash on a play in the first half. Knee injury will be reevaluated Monday. But was on crutches with a knee brace after the game. Tough break as he is the starting right guard. Will find out next week if he misses any time with it. 

Yeah doesn’t look good, might be out awhile. They lost another starting OL during the game too but don’t think it was as serious. Down some starting OL plus apparently the cramps were hitting Vera and the Panthers really hard which partly may be why they struggled on offense. Vincennes is also just a good team. Physical, well-conditioned team with a QB who makes their offense dangerous every time they have the ball. They will definitely win some games and compete with the best around. 

51 minutes ago, combthehair said:

I hope everyone is alright. This heat is no joke right now. 

Did Jasper seem to come out of the Harrison game healthy? Heard they were down a few going into it. If they’re healthy they could definitely give Reitz a scare at home or maybe even upset them. 

32 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Did Jasper seem to come out of the Harrison game healthy? Heard they were down a few going into it. If they’re healthy they could definitely give Reitz a scare at home or maybe even upset them. 

Jasper’s starting RT is out for the season, no idea about their starting SS

On 8/26/2023 at 9:51 AM, TigerFan20 said:

Player of the week?

Castle’s Antonio Harris went for 4 TDs and ~240 total offensive yards over Mater Dei

MD is young this year.  Talent is mostly limited to the returning seniors and some sophomores being asked to step up early in their careers.  There are 5 sophomores, either starting or getting significant minutes on D.  A couple more are getting reps on Offense too with a rumor floating around that a Frosh WR may get the call soon. Once you get past Turner & Stratman, MD seems thin at the skill positions. 

On D, MD could not stop Castle from getting to the edge and when they did, MD couldn't catch them. Friends tell me Harris may be the fastest Castle player in, well, many, many years and possibly EVER?!  He sure looked it against MD.  Castle scored 3 TDs in just 8 offensive plays to start the game.  

Could be a long regular season for MD. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

MD is young this year.  Talent is mostly limited to the returning seniors and some sophomores being asked to step up early in their careers.  There are 5 sophomores, either starting or getting significant minutes on D.  A couple more are getting reps on Offense too with a rumor floating around that a Frosh WR may get the call soon. Once you get past Turner & Stratman, MD seems thin at the skill positions. 

On D, MD could not stop Castle from getting to the edge and when they did, MD couldn't catch them. Friends tell me Harris may be the fastest Castle player in, well, many, many years and possibly EVER?!  He sure looked it against MD.  Castle scored 3 TDs in just 8 offensive plays to start the game.  

I honestly thought MD could keep it close for a while, maybe up until 3rd or 4th quarter. I know the offense is pretty much brand new, but the defense did return a decent amount from last season for MD. Since Castle also had some major shoes to fill (OL/DL). And I was thinking MD would try and exploit some positions. But it seems like Castle just did whatever they wanted to you guys in  passing and rushing. Was expecting probably a 28-14 or 30-14 type of game, last weeks outcome really surprised me.

49 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Its a long season. Great coaches and tough players willing to work can make a lot of improvements before tournament time. It would not shock me in the least to see MD win Sectional regardless of the regular season record.

23 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I honestly thought MD could keep it close for a while, maybe up until 3rd or 4th quarter. I know the offense is pretty much brand new, but the defense did return a decent amount from last season for MD. Since Castle also had some major shoes to fill (OL/DL). And I was thinking MD would try and exploit some positions. But it seems like Castle just did whatever they wanted to you guys in  passing and rushing. Was expecting probably a 28-14 or 30-14 type of game, last weeks outcome really surprised me.

MD was gassed by the end of Q1.  Most skill players go both ways and some linemen do as well.  By end of 1st quarter, there was a consistent flow of MD players getting heat related treatments on the sidelines whenever possible.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

MD was gassed by the end of Q1.  Most skill players go both ways and some linemen do as well.  By end of 1st quarter, there was a consistent flow of MD players getting heat related treatments on the sidelines whenever possible.  

How do you think this will affect them with the up-tempo offense VL likes to run? Admittedly, I haven't watched much MD to start this year so that is why I ask. I have seen VL and the tempo they try to play with at times. I know last Friday was not the norm for temps and heat induced fatigue was way up compared to most normal Friday nights.

23 hours ago, tango said:

Its a long season. Great coaches and tough players willing to work can make a lot of improvements before tournament time. It would not shock me in the least to see MD win Sectional regardless of the regular season record.

Lots of games left to play - but North Posey might have something to say about that this year. 

31 minutes ago, jets said:

Lots of games left to play - but North Posey might have something to say about that this year. 

No question NP looks to be a contender. It will be interesting to see how much MD can improve throughout the course of the year and if taking some lumps in the SIAC will help them in Sectional 40.

2 hours ago, FootballFan2000 said:

How do you think this will affect them with the up-tempo offense VL likes to run? Admittedly, I haven't watched much MD to start this year so that is why I ask. I have seen VL and the tempo they try to play with at times. I know last Friday was not the norm for temps and heat induced fatigue was way up compared to most normal Friday nights.

Temp & humidity effect on players is bigger deal than up-tempo O, IMHO.  MD does not substitute a lot so I don't think the up-tempo Offense will anymore/less of an issue.  Temps will be much better for football per Jeff  Lyons, so hopefully MD can hang a little closer, a little longer than many anticipate...  

• Like 1